Quick Take: All you young guys looking to build muscle, listen up! In today’s review, we talk about Testorod – a heavily dosed testosterone booster that packs a mean punch of all natural ingredients. This Australian made supplement packs a mean punch of “free” testosterone and performance enhancements to get you well on your way to Alpha Male muscle.
- As a product of Caruso’s Natural Health, Testorod is a product of a “Family owned Australian Business”
- Being an Australian company, they naturally offer free delivery to Australian homes. That benefit doesn’t seem to go for US or other countries though. Bummer.
- They also offer a 100% money back guarantee which I think is cool.
- A shortage of dosage doesn’t seem to be a problem for Testorod as all of its ingredients are heavily dosed
- The main ingredient of the formula is a branded form of Fenugreek in Testofen but all the other ingredients have a place in this stack, too.
- Available to buy on Caruso’s Natural Health’s website for around 95 AUD. It does look like it was on Amazon but it’s currently out of stock. I checked GNC and Testorod isn’t there, too.
|Trigonella foenum graecum (Fenugreek Testofen™) seed||9.9 g|
|Panax ginseng (Panax) root||1.35 g|
|Equiv. to Ginsenosides (10.8 mg)|
|Urtica dioica (Stinging Nettle) root||1 g|
|Avena Sativa (Oats) herb||1 g|
|Magnesium Aspartate Dihydrate||225 mg|
|Equiv. to Magnesium elemental (16.88 mg)|
|Zinc Amino Acid Chelate||75 mg|
|Equiv. To Zinc elemental (15 mg)|
|Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)||6 mg|
Testorod’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Fenugreek – This herb has long since been used as a libido and physical performance enhancer. As a testosterone booster, Fenugreek blocks the conversion of testosterone to estrogen and DHT, leading to more “free” testosterone.
Panax Ginseng – Although there are many kinds of ginseng around the world, Panax Ginseng is believed to be the best for men. Panax Ginseng helps the body adapt to stress by possible lowering levels of cortisol and add antioxidant support which is great for maintaining high levels of testosterone especially in bodybuilding.
Stinging Nettle – As research suggests, Stinging Nettle may inhibit aromatase activity which then leads to lower levels of estrogen. Additionally, the lignans found in Stinging Nettle also have a strong affinity to SHBG. These lignans bind to SHBG in place of testosterone, leading to more “free” testosterone.
Avena Sativa – Not so much a testosterone booster but it does offer nootropic benefits. Additionally, Avena Sativa also has L-Arginine and avenanthramides which increase the production of Nitric Oxide in the body which then enhances circulation.
Magnesium – This mineral has antioxidant properties that helps reduce oxidative stress. This makes it a really good supplement for active and athletic men. That’s not all though. Magnesium also helps build muscle and inhibit testosterone from binding to SHBG. That’s more “free” test again for you.
Zinc – Your body can’t make testosterone without Zinc because it’s a raw material required for testosterone synthesis. To me, that makes Zinc one of the manliest minerals. It’s also pretty good at maintaining testosterone levels after a heavy workout so it’s good for bodybuilding, too.
Vitamin B6 – According to this rat research, Vitamin B6 depletion also corresponded with low levels of testosterone. Interestingly, another rat research says that high levels of Vitamin B6 didn’t result in higher levels of testosterone. Combined, this tells me that Vitamin B6 is essential to maintaining healthy testosterone but doesn’t necessarily boost it.
Take 1 tablet (1 serving) twice a day with meals.
You know what I see? A lot of stuff for bodybuilding. Let’s start with the 3 last ingredients on the list: Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6. Combined, those three make the legendary ZMA trio. According to this journal, supplementing with ZMA resulted in an 11.6% greater muscle gain and a 30% increase in testosterone. However, the ZMA trio only seems to work only if you were already deficient in those 3 ingredients (which you most probably are).
Now that you’ve had your testosterone boosted with the ZMA trio, the other ingredients in Testorod are here to make sure that, that testosterone stays bioavailable and ready to use for building muscle. The top ingredient in Testorod which is Fenugreek combined with Stinging Nettle, are able to block the conversion of testosterone into estrogen and DHT which means more “free” testosterone. Additionally, Stinging Nettle also blocks testosterone from binding to SHBG. Again, this leads to more bioavailable testosterone.
Fenugreek also has benefits on performance both in the bedroom and at the gym. To complement that, Testorod adds in Avena Sativa and Panax Ginseng. By increasing Nitric Oxide production, Avena Sativa opens up your blood vessels for better blood flow. While exercising, this is important for a more remarkable “pump”. The improved circulation also helps deliver nutrients to your muscles faster so it could probably improve recovery and growth as well. Plus, the nootropic benefits make you extra creative too.
After you exercise though, cortisol levels tend to sky rocket and with that, testosterone takes a dip. Testorod prevents this from happening through Panax Ginseng (and Zinc).
Does it Work?
Absolutely. However, I don’t really see a lot of boosts in total testosterone so I don’t really think this product fits the older population who’re more at risk of developing low test. If you’re over 30 years old and looking for a strong stack to help you with your testosterone, you might be better off checking this other stack out.
For the young and active male though, I feel like Testorod is a strong option. There’s a lot of “free” testosterone that goes with this formula and then there’s alo cortisol and estrogen management. With regards to hormones, these effects should create a solid internal anabolic environment that’s conducive to muscle building. Lastly, Testorod also looks to have benefits for athletic and sexual performance so you can push yourself harder with the barbells and under the sheets.
- NO PROP BLENDS – This is always a good thing in my books.
- All natural – Nothing here is synthetic and everything comes from Mother Nature.
- Quality ingredients – Not all but it does have a few top shelf products like Testofen, standardized Ginseng, and chelated Zinc.
- Bodybuilding – From hormonal regulation down to physical performance, Testorod has you covered.
- Reputation – Based on the customer reviews I’ve read, Testorod has made a good name for itself especially in terms of lean muscle gains.
- Dosage – Everything here is heavily dosed. I mean, really (really!) heavy. There honestly aren’t a lot of supplements in the market that have a dosage as heavy as Caruso’s Testorod.
- Dosage – Yeah, I know I said this was a good thing but a lot of these ingredients don’t really need all that much to be effective. Also, having more of a certain substance also increases the likelihood of experiencing side effects. In all fairness though, I haven’t actually read a single customer review complaining of side effects and the ingredients are also pretty safe. So…
- Tablets – Not having it in a capsule means that you get to taste the awfulness of powdered ingredients. Eh. Yuck.
- Expensive – It’s sold for about 95 AUD. In today’s conversions, that’s around 70-71 USD not including the shipping fee because apparently, they only ship for free within Australia.
The Bottom Line
The way I see it, Testorod is a very, very good bodybuilding supplement but the lack of power when it comes to boosting total testosterone has me leaving it outside of my list of the best testosterone boosters. Regardless, Testorod looks like a solid formula for young and aspiring male bodybuilders looking to pack on more muscle. If that fits your characteristics and don’t mind paying extra fees for shipping outside of Australia, I say Testorod by Caruso’s Natural Health is worth a try.