Quick Take: Ronnie Coleman. I mean, RONNIE FRIGGIN’ COLEMAN! Do I even need to say anything more about this testosterone booster? Because, really, that sums it up. If it’s part of an 8-time Mr. Olympia’s signature series, you can be damn sure it’s meant for bodybuilding. It’s not all about muscle though because the testosterone boosts in this formula are legit. Albeit a few questionable choices, Testogen XR is a pretty strong formula. Let’s find out more in the review.
- A part of Ronnie Coleman’s signature series, Testogen XR is a rare breed of testosterone booster as it comes in powder form.
- With powder comes different flavor choices. Cool! But the flavors here are weird, man. It has “America” as a flavor. What does that even taste like? Freedom? Bald Eagles? Cheeseburger?
- It’s advertised on their label as “The Ultimate Testosterone & N.O. amplifier” but trust me, it has more potential.
- Has a heavy dose of D-Aspartic Acid at 3120 mg
- Improves the absorption of the entire formula with AstraGin™
- It’s originally sold at $90 but the website cut the price to almost half at $47. It’s sold even cheaper at Amazon though at around $30-40. I couldn’t find it in GNC so don’t bother.
Testogen XR Ingredients
|Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)||500 IU|
|D-Aspartic Acid||3120 mg|
|AGMASS™ Agmatine Sulfate||1000 mg|
|L-Carnitine Tartrate||1000 mg|
|AI Metabolizer||100 mg|
|Absorption Agent||50 mg|
|AstraGin™ (Astragalus Membranaceus & Panax Notoginseng) (root)|
|Performance & Enhancement System||1305 mg|
|Taurine, Horny Goat Weed (Epimedium grandiflorum) (herb), Nettles (root), Green Tea Extract (leaf), & Calcium D-Glucarate|
Testogen XR’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin D – According to this study, they found a positive link between Vitamin D and testosterone. Consequently, Vitamin D deficiency is also linked to risks of lower levels of testosterone. This makes Vitamin D, especially at this D3 form, an essential vitamin to boosting test.
D-Aspartic Acid – It’s currently the most powerful natural testosterone boosting ingredient in the market. It acts by regulating testosterone and LH. This study even shows it increasing testosterone by 42% in just 12 days.
AGMASS™ – A branded form of Agmatine Sulfate. Agmatine is a compound of Arginine that works to improve circulation by increasing Nitric Oxide production. According to this study, it also increases LH which triggers the production of testosterone.
L-Carnitine Tartrate (LCLT) – It’s a great addition to bodybuilding supplements because it oxidizes fatty acids. These oxidized fatty acids are then used for energy. And of course, with the oxidation of these fatty acids, comes fat loss.
DIM – It’s been gaining more and more popularity in testosterone boosters for its ability to inhibit aromatase activity. However, most research surrounding this compound is centered around women so I’m not entirely sure if it works for men too.
AstraGin™ – A branded form of Astragalus Membranaceus & Panax Ginseng. It’s here to enhance nutrient absorption.
Performance & Enhancement System
- Taurine – It protects our muscles from oxidative stress which makes for better recovery. Also has aerobic endurance benefits.
- Horny Goat Weed -As the name already makes it pretty clear, it makes goats horny but it works for men too. It improves libido by mimicking the effects of testosterone without necessarily boosting it.
- Nettles – It can potentially increase levels of “free” testosterone by blocking test conversion to estrogen and DHT while also limiting the activities of SHBG.
- Green Tea Extract – In today’s generation where wannabe hipsters look to be a big part of the population, green tea is one of the most widely consumed beverages. As a part of nutritional supplements, Green Tea is used for fat-burning.
- Calcium D-Glucarate – This has shown potential in estrogen metabolism. However, there have also been reports that it could also lower steroid hormones including testosterone.
A funny thing about Taurine is that there was a rumor that spread saying it was made out of bull’s semen or bull’s testicles or something. I remember back in the day, I was drinking Redbull before my basketball game and my bud basically slapped it out of my hands saying I was drinking bull sperm. At that time, I spat out everything that was in my mouth because I sure as hell believed it. I mean, okay, bulls are buffed up creatures but there’s no way I’m drinking semen.
Brings a good laugh every time but sorry, bros. Taurine isn’t made out of bull private parts. That rumor was bullsh*t.
Testogen XR Directions
Mix 1 scoop in 6-8 oz of water. For best results, use Ronnie Coleman’s Testogen XR combined with a healthy diet and exercise. DO NOT take more than 1 scoop in one day.
Starting with the lone vitamin, Vitamin D3 is certainly one of the best testosterone boosting vitamins out there. However, it requires a whole lot dosage to be effective and honestly, 500 IU doesn’t seem to be enough so let’s not waste time talking about things that don’t matter.
On to the next one: DAA. The study that showed this compound to increase testosterone by 42% in just 12 days used a heavy dose of 3120 mg (3.12 g). And you know how much Testogen XR uses? 3120 mg. Additionally, this supplement used plain DAA but there’s a better form in D-AA-CC. However, this same study also uses just ordinary DAA so really, I have no complains.
AGMASS™ and LCLT are basically amino acids that look to improve circulation by increasing Nitric Oxide production. This boost in NO adds a pre-workout twist to this formula because with improved circulation, better nutrient transport to growing muscles also becomes inevitable. Additionally, LCLT improves stamina and burns fat which is always great if you’re looking to improve your bodybuilding experience. I do wonder why Testogen XR uses Agmatine instead of the more researched Arginine. It’s probably because Agmatine has the additional benefit of increasing LH which then indirectly increases levels of testosterone.
DIM is a pretty questionable ingredient because it’s basically a women’s health product. If it does work for men too, then it should provide estrogen regulation which is always important if you intend to curb the side effects of messing with hormones. I could almost say the same thing for Calcium D-Glucarate. Yes, it has shown to regulate estrogen but the reports of it lowering testosterone has me scratching my head. Nonetheless, without even getting to the prop blend, these ingredients are already looking quite good for bodybuilding and testosterone.
Testogen XR’s prop blend, Performance & Enhancement System, seems to back up all the ingredients I’ve already discussed. Like I said, DIM is a pretty questionable ingredient but the formulators did a good job of covering for it by using Stinging Nettle. This herb’s aromatase, 5a-reductase, and SHBG inhibition regulates hormonal levels and increases levels of “free” T to make sure your testosterone is used for building muscle. Oh, and, what are those muscles even for if you can’t get some sexy-time action, right? There’s Horny Goat Weed for you, bro.
Taurine and Green Tea rounds out this formula’s bodybuilding aspect with stress and fat reduction. Stress could lower levels of testosterone after a workout and also hampers muscle recovery. Taurine helps curb those unwanted effects and of course, when you’re looking to get big, you don’t want to get FAT big so Green Tea helps out with that as well.
Let’s not forget about AstraGin™. This alone enhances the entire formula’s bioavailability, making sure that the nutrient absorption is efficient and neat.
Does it Work?
Let me say this again. RONNIE COLEMAN.
Do you still have any doubts about this supplement working? Because I don’t. For testosterone, there’s a heavy dose of DAA along with the hormonal regulation of Stinging Nettle (and maybe even DIM and Calcium D-Glucarate). For PWO/bodybuilding, the formula gives you AGMASS™, LCLT, and Taurine with the additional fat-burning of Green Tea Extract. And of course, Testogen XR doesn’t forget about your sexual health so they added in Horny Goat Weed. All of these ingredients make for a powerful T-boosting/effective pre-workout hybrid that’s going to get you pumped at the balls, at the gym, and in the bedroom.
- RONNIE COLEMAN – Aren’t you getting tired of this yet? Sorry. I just can’t help but get excited over a supplement that’s promoted by an 8-time Mr. Olympia. And mind you, this ties Ronnie Coleman with Lee Haney for most wins – a feat even Arnold Shwarzenegger failed to get.
- DAA – Anytime this ingredient gets the appropriate dosage, it always means potent T-boosts.
- AGMASS™ & LCLT – These give Testogen XR the bodybuilding/PWO twist it was aiming for.
- AstraGin™ – Anytime a supplement aims to boost the bioavailability of their formula, it’s always a good thing.
- PROP BLEND – If a supplement was backed by an Olympian, I would think it had the confidence to show the dosages of each ingredient. Having a bunch of their ingredients in a prop blend is pretty disappointing.
- Feminine choices – I’m not saying women make bad decisions. What I meant was DIM and Calcium D-Glucarate potentially lowering manly steroid hormones.
- Diarrhea – Yup. You read that right. Through the customer reviews I’ve seen, this has been a common side effect. I think it might be in large part due to Agmatine… and the weird flavors they have in this concoction.
The Bottom Line
As I’ve already said, this supplement is dubbed to be “The Ultimate Testosterone and N.O. Amplifier” and to be honest, they sure make it hard for me not to put it on my list of the best testosterone boosters. This formula contains DAA and other testosterone boosters that work, along with potent Nitric Oxide boosters that’re great for building muscle and recovery. It’s so good that I’d probably only recommend this to men who’re already HUGE to begin with. They seem to be the demographic that can squeeze out the most good from this supplement.