Quick Take: Testo Max 17 has a relatively simple 7-ingredient formula that, to me, overcomes its blemishes with top-tier forms, generally adequate dosages, and more importantly, a synergistic design. To be honest, it’s not particularly powerful but for mature men who love the gym, I think this offers great hormonal support. Read the rest of the review to find out more about this supplement.
- Not to be confused with Testomax 200 and Testo Max by CrazyBulk (other T boosters) Testo Max 17 is a product under USN’s core series supplements
- According to USN’s advertisement, TestoMax 17 is “developed to support the optimization of controlled and heightened testosterone levels”
- Solid trio of T boosting nutrients in Vitamin D, Zinc, and Boron. Zinc might not be useful here though.
- Botanical Blend of just 4 ingredients sharing an adequate total dosage of 1240 mg
- Inter-ingredient synergy balances each others flaws and amplifies benefits
- Available to buy online including iHerb, eBay, Amazon, Bodybuilding [.] com, and the official USNFIT website. GNC doesn’t seem to have this particular testosterone booster supplement.
NOTE: The price and shipping fees differ from shop to shop. As such, I suggest you check multiple retailers before placing your order. You can save a bit of money that way.
Testo Max 17 Ingredients
|Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)||1000 IU|
|Zinc (as Zinc Oxide)||1.7 mg|
|Boron (as Boron Amino Acid Chelate)||2.5 mg|
|Botanical Blend||1240 mg|
|Shilajit Extract (std. to 50% Fulvic Acid)|
|Fenudioscin™ (Fenugreek Seed Extract containing 22.5% protodioscin and 70% steroidal saponins)|
|Sensoril® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root and Leaf Extract (10% Withanolides)|
|Eurycoma longifolia (root) (Tongkat Ali) Extract 100:1|
Testo Max 17 – Ingredients Review
Vitamin D – Research shows that men with higher levels of Vitamin D also have higher levels of testosterone. Clearly, it’s great for T. That said, I’m happy Testo Max 17 gives this manly vitamin in its bioactive form (D3) and in an adequate dose, too.
Zinc – Heavily concentrated in the testes, Zinc plays a vital role in the production of testosterone. When paired with a proper fitness regime, Zinc can help maintain high levels of testosterone even after exercise. As revealed in research, this helps in physical performance. Both its dosage and form are weak here though.
Boron – Boosting androgens such as testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) while blocking SHBG and aromatase, Boron’s effects lead to higher levels of “free” test, lower estrogen, and consequently, optimized anabolism. Ironically though, these effects also come with elevated cortisol which is a stress hormone that promotes catabolism.
- Shilajit – An herbomineral from the Himalayan mountains, Shilajit battles fatigue and stress, enhances ATP production, and increases both total and “free” testosterone.
- Fenudioscin™ (Fenugreek) – This particular brand is standardized to contain 22.5% protodioscin and 70% steroidal saponins – compounds that enable Fenugreek to boost masculine vigor. This herb boosts testosterone, muscle strength, bulk, and endurance, as well as libido. Oh, and it lowers estrogen and DHT, too.
- Sensoril® (Ashwagandha) – As an adaptogenic herb, Ashwagandha helps conquer stress (cortisol). Moreover, it’s also quite effective at boosting testosterone, physical performance (power, velocity, and stamina), and sex drive. I personally would’ve preferred KSM-66® for general male enhancement but Sensoril® is a great brand as well.
- Tongkat Ali – Popular for its potent effects on sex drive, research has shown that Tongkat Ali supplements also enhanced the ratio between testosterone and cortisol. Theoretically, this makes it suitable for bodybuilding. That said, I love that Testo Max 17 gives it in this uber concentrated 100:1 extract.
Testo Max 17 Directions
Each serving of Testo Max 17 consists of 2 capsules. However, the instructions seem to be overlapping.
According to the label:
- Take 2 capsules per day with a meal
- Take for 5 days followed by a 1 day off
According to the USN website:
- Take 3 capsules per day with a meal
- No cycling required
As you can see, the label and the website are different in their instructions for both number of capsules and cycling. I have my own opinion on this but we’ll get to that later.
Testo Max 17 starts off with T-essential vitamins in minerals. Specifically, there’s Vitamin D, Zinc, and Boron – all solid and scientifically backed testosterone boosters. Among these nutrients, however, only Vitamin D is given an adequate dose.
- Boron can work, too, but frankly, it can’t roar its loudest at just 2.5 mg. Moreover, Zinc has a weak dose and a hard-to-absorb form which, to me, essentially makes it useless to the formula.
That being said, Testo Max 17 also has a Botanical Blend with a total dosage of 1240 mg. I would’ve preferred if this blend wasn’t proprietary but with just 4 ingredients, this dose should be enough for all the herbs to work especially given their top-tier forms.
That being said Boron, Vitamin D3, and the herbs inside the Botanical Blend are all capable testosterone boosters.
Apart from collectively boosting testosterone though, the other effects of Testo Max 17’s working parts all blend well together.
This is where the synergy in Testo Max 17 kicks in.
Particularly, Boron’s manly benefits come with higher cortisol and DHT – a potential problem for seasoned athletes, overzealous fitness enthusiasts, and aging men. You see, our bodies translate exercise as stress and with stress comes cortisol. Overtime, this can shift our body’s metabolism from anabolic (growth) to catabolic (destruction).
With regards to DHT, us men tend to grow more sensitive to this hormone as we get older which can lead to prostate issues and balding in men who’re genetically predisposed.
Testo Max 17 counters this with its Botanical Blend. To be more specific:
- Tongkat Ali, Ashwagandha, and Shilajit have anti-stress properties which should inhibit the rise of cortisol
- Fenugreek’s anti-DHT properties balances the DHT increase that comes with Boron
Furthermore, these ingredients also help lower estrogen (Fenugreek) and SHBG (Boron and Tongkat Ali) which should help steer your internal environment into anabolism and better results from exercise. Plus, they have sex and performance benefits, too!
Testo Max 17 Benefits: Does it Work?
Testo Max 17 works and, in my opinion, it works pretty darn well.
I wouldn’t go so far as calling it one of the best testosterone supplements this 2018 but regardless, it’s still one of the better products in a market full of – for the lack of a better word – shit. Basically, it optimizes anabolism through boosts in “free” testosterone, estrogen and cortisol reduction, and improved athletic performance (energy, strength, and stamina).
On that note, I don’t think there’s any need to cycle Testo Max 17. Unlike anabolic steroids such as Sustanon that supplies our bodies with synthetic testosterone, Testo Max 17 is an all natural alternative that enhances our very own production of T. Thus, cycling should be unnecessary. Also, the dosage is generally solid so I think 2 capsules per day should be enough for most men.
Testo Max 17 Review Summary
- Scientifically-backed ingredients – Literally everything here is supported by research.
- Solid dosages and forms – Except for Zinc, Testo Max 17’s ingredients look like they at least have enough to contribute
- Synergistic – I believe the Botanical Blend can effectively counter the “bad” side of Boron.
- Safe – None of these legal and natural ingredients should bring you any harmful side effects
- Prorietary – My thoughts on the Botanical Blend could’ve been much better had USN disclosed all the specific dosages of the herbs
- No reviews? – Honestly, I don’t know if there are any but from where I checked (Bodybuilding [.] com, Amazon, iHerb), there aren’t any customer reviews yet
- Zinc – Great ingredient; bad form and dosage.
- Confusing instructions – 3 capsules or 2 capsules? Cycle or no cycle? Give us the truth, USN!
The Bottom Line
Testo Max 17 may not get you peak, teenager-esque testosterone levels but from my point of view, it does offer solid hormonal support for aging men who love the grind of the gym. Not only does it boost testosterone, it helps regulate other hormones as well so your muscles are honed for growth. Plus, it has physical and sexual performance benefits to go with anabolism, too.