Quick Take: You know what makes a lazy, tired bull a raging bull? Testosterone. And guess what, bro? You have testosterone too (duh). So if all males have testosterone, what separates the Alpha Male from the average man? Well, Alpha Males have their testosterone ready and on-the-go while the average man have majority of theirs lying dormant. In this review, I’ll take you on a tour and show you how Test-HP can help transform the meager Omega into the Alpha Male with full a load of testosterone ammunition ready for firing.
- Test-HP is a product of the ballsy Betancourt
- Advertised on their website to be “using ingredients that have vitality increasing, anti-catabolic and stress hormone health properties”
- This test-boosting supplement seems to have their money placed on Testofen, a branded form of Fenugreek.
- Overall, their formula looks to be well designed with minimal overlapping of their ingredients’ effects.
- SerinAid® puts a nootropic twist to this potent testosterone booster which is actually rare for these kinds of products.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon. I can’t find it on GNC though.
Test HP Ingredients
|Vitamin D||5,000 IU|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate)||34 mg|
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||500 mcg|
|Testofen® (Fenugreek Extract 50% Fenuside™)||600 mg|
|Test-HP™ Proprietary Blend||920 mg|
|Stinging Nettle root, Rhodiola Rosea extract (1% Rosavins, 3% Salidroside), SerinAid® Phosphatidylserine 20%, 7-Methoxyflavone|
Test HP’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin D – This is one of my favorite T-boosting vitamins for the fact that healthy levels of this vitamin has been linked to healthy levels of testosterone. While scientists haven’t quite figured out how it works yet, it theoretically has an effect on SHBG.
Vitamin B6 – Supplied at the best form of P-5-P. Vitamin B6 deficiency has been linked to low levels of testosterone. By that logic, a healthy dose of B6 also restores healthy levels of T. And this heavy dosage of 34 mg, you definitely get a healthy dose of it.
Vitamin B12 – Vitamin B12 is a common sight in pre-workouts because of its energy metabolizing property. As a testosterone booster, it doesn’t really do anything for T but it does promote testicular health which could indirectly boost levels of our favorite man hormone.
Testofen® – A branded form of Fenugreek standardized to 50% fenusides. According to this study, Fenugreek has the capacity to influence muscle mass, strength, and libido. As a test booster, well, it doesn’t actually boost it per se but it blocks 5-alpha-reductase and aromatase activity which then means testosterone can’t convert to anything else other than T.
Test-HP™ Proprietary Blend
- Stinging Nettle – Theoretically, it MIGHT block aromatase, 5-alpha-reductase, and SHBG activity. Keyword: Theoretically. More evidence is needed for Nettle to qualify it as a bona fide T-booster. Regardless, it’s great for male health.
- Rhodiola Rosea – Standardized to 1% Rosavins & 3% Salidroside, Rhodila Rosea is a well-researched adaptogen that protects testosterone levels from the depleting effects of stress.
- SerinAid® – A branded form of Phosphatidylserine standardized to 20%, is a great nootropic for bolstering mental performance. Not really a testosterone booster but you can’t really say no to boosting mental prowess.
- 7-Methoxyflavone – An enzyme that blocks testosterone from converting into estrogen. The research that surrounds it are mostly on women and the sick though. Still, it MIGHT help healthy male muscle heads.
Test HP Directions
Take 3 capsules per day with or without a meal. It is best used in conjunction with a diet that includes a healthy amount of non-saturated (“healthy”) fat.
First off, the vitamins section. The formula includes a heavy dose of two testosterone boosting vitamins in B6 and D. B6 in particular, is given at it’s best P-5-P form. While the ingredients section doesn’t specify what form of Vitamin D they used in the formula, the dosages of 5000 IU still is an impressive dose. Vitamin B12 isn’t necessarily a testosterone booster but by protecting testicular health and enhancing energy metabolism, it still is great for masculine health.
Testofen is looking like this product’s main ingredient and it doesn’t necessarily boost testosterone. However, it still does benefit test by blocking the conversion of testosterone to estrogen or DHT. While DHT is actually a manlier hormone than T, less of it means more testosterone for our bodies to use in bulking up skeletal muscle. And with more testosterone, our body’s natural reaction is to also increase the levels of estrogen and this places our hormones out of whack. Fenugreek’s aromatase inhibition keeps our estrogen levels in check and makes sure that chunks of muscle are the only things we gain and not those estrogen linked man-tits.
Test-HP™ Proprietary Blend is adequately dosed at 920 mg with 4 ingredients that all have a place in this formula. 7-Methoxyflavone & Stinging Nettle enhance Testofen’s effects by further limiting testosterone conversion to estrogen, DHT, and even blocking the activity of the notorious testosterone killer SHBG. Rhodiola Rosea is here to maintain healthy levels of testosterone that typically comes right after an intense bout of bodybuilding. Also, apparently, building huge blocks of muscle isn’t enough to be a true Alpha Male. You have to be smart about it too. Which is where SerinAid® comes in.
The formula does lack the power of the best testosterone boosters. Simply said, this is because the best of the best use powerful testosterone boosting ingredients such as DAA and ZMA. Regardless, Test-HP does look like a solid supplement for the young bodybuilder who’s at their testosterone peak.
Does it Work?
It’s a great stack but it doesn’t boost a whole lot testosterone. The ingredients in the formula make use of existing testosterone and makes sure that it stays a manly muscle-building hormone instead of converting into the more feminine estrogen. The formula also prevents it from converting into DHT which is supposedly the manlier hormone but weaker in terms of building muscle. To further enhance testosterone, the formula blocks SHBG and makes sure that testosterone stays active and free for our bodies to use in bodybuilding and sex.
That said, I recommend this product to the younger dudes in to bodybuilding and chasing women who’re looking for that extra “edge”. If you’re the older male past their testosterone prime, other supplements that offer powerful T-boosting might be best for you.
- High quality ingredients – The elements of this formula are either branded, standardized, or at their best forms.
- Awesome strategy – By this, I mean that there’s very little overlapping between their ingredients. Which also means that each and every ingredient has a place in this formula.
- Adequate dosage – The prop blend is adequately dosed which leads me to think that none of the ingredients in this formula are rendered useless.
- SerinAid® – The formula not only leads to muscle gains, it leads to brainier Alpha’s too.
- Testofen® – Well, it’s not a bad ingredient. It’s actually pretty good. But being the primary ingredient in a testosterone boosting formula, it doesn’t really do much for T.
- Mild testosterone boosts – Like I said, Fenugreek doesn’t do much for testosterone. Which means the entire formula only offers modest T-boosting.
- PROP BLEND – Gahd, I hate these. Is it really that hard to show a little transparency?
The Bottom Line
In the words of Kevin Durant, hard work beats talent if talent fails to work hard. That goes the same for testosterone. While young adult males have all the testosterone in the world, not all of them know how to use it to its full potential. That’s what Test HP is for. To help the young male wake their sleeping testosterone and transform them from being the lanky target of predators, to being a raging bull filled with ready to use testosterone.