Quick Take: There’s a rebel in each of us. Sometimes we just want to go against the current and paddle the opposite way. Things like this happen and that’s completely normal. But why am I saying this? It’s because some athletes throw shade at some of the biggest supplement companies because of a few weak products. This isn’t the case for MuscleTech’s Test 3X SX-7 Black Onyx though. This is a T-boosting stack coming from a big company delivering BIG results. I’ll show you why in this review.
Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx Features
- Test 3x is a T-boosting stack produced by one of the biggest brands in bodybuilding – MuscleTech.
- It’s part of their SX-7 Black Onyx line of supplements along with N.O.x Test SX-7 Black Onyx
- Supplies a clinically studied dosage of the powerful DAA
- Sensoril® is a branded Ashwagandha extract that’s meant to revitalize the mind & body
- Tribulus fruit extract standardized for 45% saponins.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon and GNC
Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx Ingredients
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||2 mg|
|Folic Acid||200 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||1 mcg|
|Zinc (as Zinc Gluconate)||30 mg|
|Test Extreme Matrix|
|D-Aspartic Acid (DAA)||3.12 g|
|Tribulus fruit extract (as Tribulus terrestris)
Standardized for 45% saponins
|Boron citrate Supplying 5% boron||200 mg|
|Ashwagandha root and leaf extract (as Withania somnifera) (Sensoril®)||125 mg|
|Safed musli root extract (as Chlorophytum borivilianum)||100 mg|
|Yacon root (as Smallanthus sonchifolius)||100 mg|
|Olive leaf extract (as Olea europaea)
Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx’s T-Boosters
Vitamin B6 – While Vitamin B6 does show promise as a testosterone booster, both the form and dosage supplied here leave A LOT to be desired.
Folic Acid – Mainly used as a supplement for pregnant women, I honestly don’t know why this is even here.
Vitamin B12 – Benefits sperm and testicular health but it doesn’t seem to have any direct influence on testosterone.
Zinc – Think of this mineral as the gasoline that fuels our body’s testosterone production. Directly fueling test synthesis at a heavy dose of 30 mg and coming as potent gluconate – Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx did this mineral justice.
Test Extreme Matrix
- D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) – With research showing a 42% boost in testosterone in just 12 days, it’s no wonder why some of the top test boosters have this amino acid as their primary ingredient. Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx uses the clinically studied dosage, too!
- Tribulus Terrestris – Being standardized for 45% saponins makes it a potent libido booster but, uhmm, no test boosts here.
- Boron – In my opinion, it’s right up there with Zinc as two of the manliest minerals, especially at this potent Citrate form. It increases the top androgens (testosterone and DHT) while also reducing estrogen.
Ashwagandha – Coming in as top shelf and branded Sensoril®, it helps in boosting test as an adaptogenic herb that lowers levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Chlorophytum borivilianum (Safed Musli) – Observed to be great for sex (libido and erections) but there doesn’t seem to be any evidence of test boosts.
- Yacon root – While there is a study suggesting Yacon may help inhibit the degradation of testosterone, it’s not actually conclusive science.
- Olive leaf – A study shows that this may actually be detrimental to male sexual health. Questionable ingredient to say the least.
Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx Directions
Each serving of Test 3X SX-7 Black Onyx consists of 4 caplets and as instructed by Muscle Tech, we are to take 1 serving (4 caplets) per day with water.
WARNING: DO NOT EXCEED 4 CAPLETS IN A 24-HOUR PERIOD
To better understand how Test 3X SX-7 Black Onyx is supposed to work, let’s take a look at how MuscleTech designed it. According to them, this stack works as a 3-in-1 supplement that:
- Increases testosterone
- Decreases estriadol
- Controls cortisol
In terms of boosting testosterone, Test 3X SX-7 Black Onyx looks pretty well-equipped. The way I see it, the heavy dosages and potent forms of DAA, Zinc, and Boron do the heavy lifting with some well-placed support from Ashwagandha and possibly even Vitamin B6 if you weren’t too deficient to start with.
When it comes down to estriadol and cortisol, Test 3X SX-7 Black Onyx looks like it can deliver results too. However, these benefits don’t seem to be as powerful as the test boosts. But you know what? That’s fine – because more than anything, a testosterone booster should act primarily on test. Also, these combined benefits make for an anabolic metabolism suitable for bodybuilding and ultimately, that’s what Muscle Tech is all about.
Aside from building muscles though, a boost in testosterone also translates to benefits in the bedroom and with potent libido boosters such as Tribulus and Safed Musli, this effect should be even more pronounced. Overall, even with duds like Folic Acid and Olive Leaf, I think Test 3X SX-7 Black Onyx is quite the versatile formula that acts on multiple aspects of male health.
Does it Work?
Test 3X SX-7 Black Onyx works and it works real well. Even with just DAA, Zinc, Boron, and Ashwagandha, its claimed benefits have all been covered. In particular, the combination of powerful test boosts with estrogen and cortisol regulation will likely lead to a boost in muscle growth if, of course, you pair it with a good and constant exercise regimen.
Just in case you’re interested on the chick you offered to spot on the squat rack while you were at the gym, Test 3X SX-7 Black Onyx has you covered on the post-workout sextracurricular activites as well. And, no, that was not a typo. If you’re the meathead looking for some serious muscle gains or the older gent looking to restore his youthful vigor, this could be the supplement you’re looking for.
- Test Extreme Matrix – I just love how this matrix tackles male health at different angles.
- 3-in-1 benefits – Ups the T, downs the E, and regulates the C. Can’t argue with that.
- NO PROP BLENDS – I can’t tell you in a few lines how much I hate prop blends. Thank God there’s none here.
- Reputation – From the customer reviews I’ve seen, there doesn’t seem to be any reports of major side effects and the ratings seem to be generally good as well.
- Questionable ingredients – Olive leaf and Folic Acid don’t make any sense.
- Vitamin B6 – A potentially essential nutrient for testosterone that’s not getting the attention it deserves here.
- Expensive – If you’ve got a full wallet, this won’t be a problem to you but for men with more responsibilities (like me), the price on this is probably too high.
The Bottom Line
To me, Test 3X SX-7 Black Onyx deserves to be called a strong men’s health supplement as its versatility enables it to act on arguably the 3 most important aspects of male health: Sex, muscle, and testosterone. Admittedly, this product does have a few duds but in my opinion, its massive potential far outweighs its questionable choices. Good job, Muscle Tech!