Quick Take: They say summer bodies are made in winter and I totally agree. Man, if you start leaning up ONLY when summer comes, your abs won’t show until that season’s over. Luckily for you, it’s the Christmas season so IT IS WINTER. And luckily for you again, you’re reading today’s T-booster review and oh boy, do I have the right supplement for you. Shredz Testosterone is here to get you shredded in time for summer where the babes in bikinis are hotter than the sun and the libidos are peaking higher than a stoned Snoop Dawg. Let’s get to reading.
- Shredz Testosterone is a testosterone boosting product of Shredz Supplements. (Very creative, Shredz. Very creative)
- In their website, they advertise Shredz Testosterone as using “world class ingredients in a formula that will help elevate you so you can reach the ultimate goal of becoming the ALPHA MALE!”
- The formula is designed for straight-up, no BS test boosting by using 5 herbs stuffed in a proprietary blend and one heavily dosed T-boosting mineral
- Spoiler Alert: The mineral I’m talking about is my favorite T-boosting mineral in Zinc. Can you tell I’m excited?
- Mucuna pruriens is in the building! Another one of my favorite natural testosterone enhancers.
- Tongkat Ali at a concentrated 100:1 ratio.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon. It does look like it WAS in GNC but when I checked their website, it showed no results.
Shredz Testosterone Ingredients
|SHREDZ® Proprietary Blend||1.92 g|
|Maca Root (Lepidium meyenii)||**|
|Velvet bean extract (as Mucuna pruriens) (seed)||**|
|Spanish Pellitory (Anacyclus pyrethrum) (leaf)||**|
|Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) (100:1 Concentrate)||**|
|Fenugreek Extract (Trigonella foenum-graecum) (seed)||**|
Shredz Testosterone’s T-Boosters
Zinc – It’s my favorite T-boosting mineral for a reason. As a raw material for testosterone, no zinc simply means no testosterone.
Mucuna pruriens – It’s active ingredient L-DOPA increases LH and GH. You know what that means? More test and more muscle for your bodybuilding needs.
Spanish Pellitory – Shredz Testosterone prides itself in this ingredient because “these aren’t everyday ingredients and are definitely not easy to get your hands on”. While there are studies that back this ingredient as a T-booster, the drawback is that it relies on animal research.
Tongkat Ali – This legendary tonic has powerful libido boosting effects and as a study has shown, also has the ability to boost test by 37% and decrease cortisol levels by 16%.
Fenugreek – This ancient Chinese/Indian tonic has shown potential as a T-booster by blocking T’s conversion to DHT (which is an even manlier hormone) and also acts as an aromatase inhibitor. Aside from that, it has also shown to be a performance enhancer with anabolic muscle building potential.
Maca – Straight up no T-boosting. But also, straight up gains in sex and stamina.
Shredz Testosterone Directions
Take 1 capsule 3x/day spaced evenly.
Let’s start this off with the first one on the list. Zinc. And a HEAVY DOSE of it. At nearly 30 mg, this is definitely bordering on the high amounts. That’s good! More Zinc means more raw material to make testosterone and that’s what you and me and Shredz Testosterone are all about, right? Be careful with taking in more Zinc though. Like I said, this is already a heavy dose but it does border on the safe side. Which means taking in any more could mean side effects.
And now, the prop blend. I hate prop blends but this one only has 5 products and a good dose of 1.92 g. That’s a relatively huge dose and a low number of ingredients to split it so maybe I hate it a little less in this case. In reading and analyzing a prop blend, the first ingredient on the list almost always gets the bulk of the dosage and the last one obviously gets the least. Following that logic, Maca is the most prioritized ingredient here but it doesn’t boost testosterone. You most likely do get a heavy dose of libido and energy though.
The herbs that I think should’ve been prioritized are Mucuna Pruriens and Tongkat Ali. Mucuna Pruriens having the active ingredient L-DOPA surely does show a lot of promise in increasing testosterone and anabolic muscle growth. Tongkat Ali on the other hand, has a study has that shown a significant increase in testosterone and a healthy lowering in cortisol – all that and then a handful of libido boosting too.
The least prioritized on the list is Fenugreek. Which to me, in terms of boosting T, should’ve been prioritized next to Velvet Bean and Tongkat Ali. It increases levels of testosterone albeit decreasing levels of DHT and is an aromatase inhibitor which is always healthy in male health.
last but probably not the least, we have the formula’s X-factor Spanish Pellitory. It does show potential benefits here acting as a testosterone and libido booster but the research relies heavily on animals. That being said, I need more evidence to conclude that it’s a bona fide T-booster for humans.
The ingredient choices that Shredz Testosterone made are quality choices. However, they do have their faults too. First of all, it wouldn’t hurt to see all the individual dosages in the prop blend. It shouldn’t be that hard, right? Next, they don’t really disclose the nature of these ingredients. I mean, what forms did they use? are they branded? standardized? concentrated? The only ingredient here that has that is Tongkat Ali at 100:1.
Does it Work?
The formula has only 6 ingredients and 4 of those are T-boosters. Zinc is heavily dosed here and that’s already a pretty sure fire way to get the testosterone boosts coming. You also have Mucuna Pruriens, Tongkat Ali, and Fenugreek in the prop blend that’ll further enhance the T-boosting offered by Zinc. As the X-factor in the list, if Spanish Pellitory works then that’s even more testosterone. The only oddball I see here is Maca which isn’t even that bad considering that it boosts libido. And you have to admit, more sex is almost exclusively a good thing.
- Zinc – Boy, was I happy to see this. And at a heavy dose of nearly 30 mg too!
- Mucuna Pruriens – Even though it’s in a prop blend, it still is a very promising T-booster.
- Dosage – Overall, it does look pretty high. I still wish they showed the dosages in the prop blend though.
- Quality ingredient choices – All the ingredients on the list seem to have their place as a part of a testosterone boosting stack.
- No side effects – Be careful about your zinc intake though. 30mg is fine. But too much is not good.
- PROP BLENDS – I just hate these.
- Lack of Transparency – I understand the dosages come hidden with prop blends but they also failed to disclose the nature of their ingredients. If you want to know what T-boosters with no prop blends look like, you have to check some of our top rated supplements.
- Expensive – 75$ for only 6 ingredients means Shredz Testosterone supplement is definitely overpriced. The overall dosage is good, but doesn’t justify the price tag.
- Additives – Specifically, FD&C coloring. I don’t care if my capsules are shiny.
- Reputation – Well, it’s really not “that” bad. It’s just that the customer reviews I’ve seen are giving pretty mixed feedbacks. Most of the bad ones though quit after just a few weeks so that may be the reason why they didn’t see effects.
The Bottom Line
The Bottom Line? Ha! Scratch that. More like bottom’s up, dude! If you’re looking to shred those muscles, get your libido enhanced, and pump up on testosterone in time for some babe-watching in the summer, then this might be the perfect gift you can give to yourself. Overall, the multi-angled approach to boosting male health in this formula is nothing short of impressive. However, I still do wish I could see the dosages of the ingredients in the prop blend.