Quick Take: The word Alpha is a denomination of an individual’s superior dominance so when a supplement names itself Sheer Alpha, one might parallel this moniker to an unmitigated source of power. Regrettably, this isn’t always the case as seemingly terrifying names can be misleading. With ingredients that have been demystified by science as nothing more than sex enhancers, Sheer Alpha isn’t the supplement that its appellation suggests. Let’s get to the review.
- A product of Sheer Strength, Sheer Alpha is one of a few testosterone boosters in the brand’s line of supplements.
- Dubbed as an “anabolic booster” on its label. SPOILER ALERT! It’s not.
- With 800 mg of standardized Horny Goat Weed, it’s quite obvious what Sheer Alpha is really for.
- Speaking of standards, everything on here except DIM and Maca are given in potent qualities.
- Long Jack is Sheer Alpha’s testosterone booster.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including the Sheer Strength website and Amazon. There are no Sheer Strength products on GNC
Sheer Alpha Ingredients
|Horny Goat Weed Extract (Icariins 10%) (Epimedium Sagittatum) (Aerial)||800 mg|
|Maca Root Powder (Lepidium Meyenii)||700 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris (60% Saponins)(fruit)||225 mg|
|Long Jack 100:1 Extract (Eurycoma Longifolia) (Root)||225 mg|
|Ginko Biloba Extract (24% Flavanoids) (Ginkgo Biloba) (Leaf)||175 mg|
|DIM (Diindolylmethane)||50 mg|
Sheer Alpha’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Horny Goat Weed – Yup, you guessed this. This one’s for boosting goat libido but it also works on humans, especially at this potent form and heavy dose. Unfortunately, it’s more testosterone mimic than actual testosterone booster.
Maca – AKA “Peruvian Ginseng”, Maca boosts libido and energy but as research suggests, it does so independent of testosterone.
Tribulus Terrestris – Popular in too many testosterone boosting supplements for its marketed benefits on libido, strength, and testosterone. However, science has proven that, among those 3 benefits, the only thing Tribulus Terrestris truly does is boost libido.
Long Jack – Finally! A testosterone booster! Otherwise known as Tongkat Ali, this herb is capable of boosting total and “free” testosterone as well as relieving stress via cortisol reduction. Oh, and it’s pretty good for sex too. This 100:1 extract is preferred and the dosage is okay (not the best but hey, I’ll take it).
Ginkgo Biloba – Better known for its nootropic benefits rather than as a testosterone booster because… it’s not a testosterone booster. It does improve circulation though.
DIM – A compound derived from cruciferous vegetables, DIM is used in testosterone boosting products for its potential to limit the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. While this all sounds good in theory, current research on DIM favors female health more than it does us males.
Sheer Alpha Directions
A single serving of Sheer Alpha consists only of 3 capsules and as instructed by Sheer Strength, the entire serving (3 capsules) of Sheer Alpha should be taken in the morning.
For something that’s designed to be an “anabolic booster”, there really isn’t much muscle growth to go around on Sheer Alpha. There’s not even a lot of boosts in testosterone for Pete’s sake. You know what this has plenty of, though? Sex. Like, a lot of it.
When a formula starts its stack with Horny Goat Weed, that should already give you an idea as to what the product’s priorities are. With Sheer Alpha, it couldn’t be any more obvious especially since Horny Goat Weed also has the highest dose of any ingredient on here and the quality it was supplied in is legitimately potent.
After Horny Goat Weed comes Maca and Tribulus Terrestris – more libido boosters that don’t do sh*t for testosterone. You know what comes after these two? Tongkat Ali. Another libido booster.
Man, this is getting repetitive. On the bright side though, Tongkat Ali does have testosterone boosting properties. Moreover, its ability to reduce levels of cortisol (stress hormone) may be beneficial for bodybuilding and sports where the athletes regularly place their bodies under intense physical stress. Couple this with Maca’s capability to boost stamina, Sheer Alpha does look to have an influence on developing muscle albeit mediocre.
That’s basically it for the testosterone and anabolic boosts coming from Sheer Alpha. If you want to count DIM, sure, but do be reminded that there still isn’t any strong scientific evidence for its use in male testosterone supplements. Ginkgo Biloba might get you flexing your brain muscles but again, it’s no T booster.
Does it Work?
Thank whoever is up there for Tongkat Ali because without it, Sheer Alpha wouldn’t pass as a testosterone booster. Heck, it barely even passes as a muscle builder and that’s what it was supposedly designed to do. That said, Sheer Alpha works best for mature males looking for a ticket to boner town with a very quick side trip to anabolic & testosterone city.
- Quality herbs – They may not be for testosterone but they sure are potent.
- Long Jack – The only real testosterone booster on Sheer Alpha
- Sex – Literally everything on here contributes to better sex. If you channel it right, even the brain boosts from Ginkgo Biloba can help your creativity and focus in the bedroom.
- Safe – I’m not seeing any ingredients here that may lead to apocalyptic side effects. Customer reviews don’t suggest any of these bad boys either but this is to be expected from an all natural formula like this.
- Misleading Label – It’s not an “Anabolic Booster”.
- Jurassic – Has outdated ingredients such as Maca, Tribulus Terrestris, and Horny Goat Weed that were once thought to boost testosterone. Thanks to modern science though, these myths have been debunked.
- Weak – Compared to Sheer Test, another Sheer Strength T booster, Sheer Alpha just comes across as weak.
The Bottom Line
Don’t be mislead by what you read on the label because supplements are supposed to make themselves look good and effective. That said, Sheer Alpha is probably not the alpha male supplement you were looking for. Well, unless your only definition of being the top dog is getting lots of sex, then, sure. I’ll go with that. But for dominant anabolic growth and a testosterone filled system, you may be looking at the wrong canister. To be fair, these herbs are legit potent so, props to Sheer Strength on that.