Quick Take: Prime Male VS Nugenix Maxx – two testosterone boosters at the top of their game. Both have formulas that are riddled with top-shelf ingredients. Both of them generally have solid dosages, too. The main difference between them, I think, are their largely contrasting designs. So, which one should you choose? I can help you pick the right one so keep on reading the review.
Prime Male Features
- A product of Propura Ltd., Prime Male has consistently been among the pinnacle of supplements in the natural T boosting industry
- Humbly advertised on its label as a “100% natural testosterone booster”
- Uses some of the best and most effective testosterone boosting ingredients and gave them all solid forms and dosages
- Top of the line synergistic design that elevates the effects of its ingredients even further
- Great for mature men looking to elevate their entire manhood through powerful boosts in testosterone
- Click here to read my full Prime Male review
Nugenix Maxx Features
- Made by Nugenix, Nugenix Maxx is arguably one of the most powerful supplement under the brand’s vast array of T boosters. Other products include Nugenix Ultimate, Nugenix PM, and several others.
- Advertised on its label as an “ultra premium free testosterone booster”
- Stacked with 12 manly ingredients that either increase “free” testosterone or enhance other masculine qualities
- Forms, dosages, and design generally look solid, if not impressive
- Prioritizes increasing bioavailable testosterone which, in my opinion, makes it better for younger dudes
- Click here to read my full Nugenix Maxx review
Prime Male VS Nugenix Maxx: My Analysis
Personally, I think both Prime Male and Nugenix Maxx are among the better testosterone boosters in the market this 2018. Moreover, I think it’s largely (but not solely) because both these supplements use top-shelf ingredients with research backed benefits for male health.
That being said, both supplements each have 12 of these ingredients in their respective formulas. However, they don’t actually share a lot of the same ingredients. To better understand the comparison, here’s a list of their shared ingredients and a brief description of each:
- Korean Red (Panax) Ginseng – This herb has been historically great for relieving stress and fatigue. As a testosterone booster, there’s an old research that shows it can optimize the entire HPG axis which results in higher androgen levels and sperm.
- Vitamin D3 – Multiple studies have associated higher levels of this vitamin to higher levels of testosterone.
- Zinc – This mineral has a lot of manly benefits which include being good for sperm and protection against oxidative stress. As a testosterone booster, however, Zinc is pretty much essential since you literally can’t make T without it.
- Black pepper extract (Bioperine®) – Not a testosterone booster but can be found in a lot of supplements for its effects on nutrient absorption.
Clearly, these ingredients add to both products’ benefits on male health. However, before we move on, it’s also important to note that except for Panax Ginseng, Prime Male has the edge on these ingredients when it comes to dosage. Vitamin D, in particular, is so weakly dosed in Nugenix Maxx that it pretty much renders the sunshine vitamin useless.
Obviously, these aren’t the only things that we need to talk about when comparing Prime Male VS Nugenix Maxx. So, let’s take a closer look at each of them and see how they work.
11 OF PRIME MALE’S 12 INGREDIENTS ARE RESEARCH BACKED TESTOSTERONE BOOSTERS BUT WHAT TRULY MAKES IT ELITE IS ITS SYNERGY
To start its formula, Prime Male features an enhanced form DAA (D aspartic acid) – an amino acid that, according to research, can boost testosterone by up to 42% in just 12 days. While this may be its headliner, by no means are the rest of its ingredients far behind. As a matter of fact, Bioperine® is the only non-T boosting ingredient in the Prime Male formula. Moreover, all of them are notable test boosters, too.
On that note, all these ingredients are given in top-notch forms and dosages which gives me extreme confidence that, yes, Prime Male works.
However, what truly makes Prime Male elite is its masterclass strategy.
What I mean by this is that they’re all synergistic — they amplify each other’s benefits and nullify their shortcomings. The result is a supplement that’s laser focused on optimizing every step of testosterone synthesis and a product that directly and indirectly boosts our favorite manly hormone. If I had to add one feature though, it would be added focus on bodybuilding.
NUGENIX MAXX FOCUSES ON BOOSTING “FREE” TESTOSTERONE WHILE PROVIDING FURTHER SUPPORT FOR OTHER AREAS OF MALE HEALTH
Like Prime Male, Nugenix Maxx uses enhanced ingredients to build its formula. The most notable of which, in my opinion, are its two sources of fenugreek (Fenuside™ and Testofen®), ashwagandha (as KSM-66®), and shilajit (as PrimeVie®).
The difference between the two supplements, however, is that Nugenix Maxx divides its attention into specifically boosting “free” or bioavailable testosterone while providing added support towards other areas of male health.
That being said, let’s circle back to this supplement’s three most notable ingredients. They’re all natural testosterone boosters that also effectively influence other areas of male health. For instance:
- Fenugreek + ashwagandha + shilajit = improved physical performance (strength, endurance, ATP production)
- Fenugreek + ashwagandha = increased libido
- ashwagandha + shilajit = better sperm on several parameters
With these alone, Nugenix Maxx is pretty much a solid supplement but to truly be the ultra premium free testosterone booster that it was designed to be, it’s going need more help. That’s where the rest of its formula comes in.
All in all, Nugenix Maxx is capable of inhibiting estrogen, cortisol, and SHBG while, again, adding more support for sex and bodybuilding. This makes it great for all men but perhaps more suitable for younger dudes.
Prime Male VS Nugenix Maxx Summary
- Laser focused on boosting testosterone but probably needs more anabolic support
- Optimizes the entire process of test synthesis through direct and indirect T boosts
- Great for older men who want to turn back the clock and feel ageless
- $69 per bottle on the official Prime Male website. However, you can also get a 3+1 deal and worldwide free shipping for $207.
- Primarily boosts “free” testosterone with added support for sex and muscle
- Other hormonal benefits include lower estrogen, cortisol, and SHBG
- Versatile supplement but probably better suited for younger males
- For some reason, you can’t buy Nugenix Maxx on Nugenix’s website but on GNC, a single bottle is worth a whopping $169.99. If you order 2 bottles, however, you can get another one for free with free shipping.
- also available on Amazon and eBay
Conclusion: Which is Better?
Solely in terms of boosting testosterone, Prime Male reigns supreme. Its premium ingredients, adequate dosages, and incredibly sophisticated synergy enable it to boost testosterone from virtually all angles. Honestly, I’ve written reviews for hundreds of T boosters and I rarely see a supplement made with this much attention to detail. For these reasons, I’ve consistently had Prime Male in my short list of the best testosterone supplements.
On the contrary, I think it’s safe to say that Nugenix Maxx is an alpha in its own right. It may not be as powerful a T booster as Prime Male but it also adds sexual and athletic support – things that Prime Male doesn’t focus on. For younger men who’re already brimming with T but still want testosterone fueled results at the gym and in the bedroom, this is for you.