Quick Take: If you’re an athlete or a serious bodybuilder, you’re going to want to check out this review. PrimaSurge is designed to get you jacked up on muscle and surging with testosterone while regulating cortisol and enhancing energy. Man, if you thought you were buff now, wait until you learn more about what PrimaSurge can do for you. So, are you ready to get in touch with your inner beast? Yes? Then let’s get to it.
- A product of Jacked Factory, PrimaSurge is touted to be simply be a “Natural Testosterone Booster”.
- Jacked Factory also says that PrimaSurge “has been created using 100% premium active ingredients in full clinically effective doses”. They’re not lying. Everything here is optimized for top quality and the dosages are legit.
- Just from the brand name itself, you can already tell that this testosterone booster is best used for bodybuilding. PrimaSurge does that mostly by managing levels of cortisol and “free” testosterone.
- With a simple 6-ingredient formula, this supplement is surprisingly well-rounded.
- To further enhance the formula’s quality, they added in Bioperine®. Good call, Prima Surge
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon. It’s currently on sale on Jacked Factory’s website so it’s pretty cheap there, too. I couldn’t find it in GNC though so don’t even bother.
|Eurycoma Longifolia Root Extract (100:1)||100 mg|
|Ashwagandha Root Extract (5:1)||250 mg|
|Safed Musli Extract (as Chlorophytum Borivilanum), Root||125 mg|
|Primavie® (Shilajit Fulvic Acid Complex 60% + Fulvic Acid)||125 mg|
|Boron Citrate (5 mg of Boron)||100 mg|
PrimaSurge’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Eurycoma Longifolia – Otherwise known as Tongkat Ali, this herb has been traditionally used to enhance libido. As a testosterone booster, this herb has shown to increase levels of testosterone (37%) while also managing the stress hormone cortisol (-16%). The benefits don’t stop there though. It’s also shown to lower levels of SHBG in favor of higher levels of “free” test.
Ashwagandha – This herb has been widely used to counter stress and enhance physical strength. It does so by reducing oxidative stress. Another thing about oxidative stress is that it has the potential to lower levels of testosterone. By controlling this, Ashwagandha is also capable of boosting T for more manly gains.
Safed Musli – According to this recent 2013 study, Safed Musli or Chlorophytum Borivilanum significantly improved levels of serum testosterone and semen. However, it’s shown more promise as a sex enhancer more than it is a T-booster.
Shilajit – Coming from the Sanskrit word shilajatu meaning “Rock conquerer”, Shilajit is a resinous, tar-like substance has shown to enhance physical strength and fight fatigue via extended ATP production. That alone already helps but strictly in terms of testosterone boosting, a study states that Shilajit increased total testosterone, free testosterone, and DHEAS.
Boron – In my opinion, this is one of the manliest minerals for testosterone. According to this study, Boron supplementation lowered levels of SHBG and estriadol for more “free” testosterone while also increasing levels of total test.
Bioperine® – Bioperine is a branded extract black pepper’s piperine. While it’s not a testosterone booster, it enhances the already potent quality of the formula by further enhancing nutrient absorption.
On PrimSurge’s web page, the directions simply say to “Take 2-3 capsules per day with a glass of water”. On some of the customer reviews I’ve read though, they took 1 capsule around 20 minutes before every meal and I personally think that might be a better way of taking it than just downing 2-3 capsules in one sitting.
With that out of the way, the analysis now begins and I’d like to start by saying that I am deeply impressed. With just as few as 6 ingredients, the entire formula already shows strong benefits for bodybuilding and testosterone simply because they chose the right ingredients for their intended purpose, gave them hefty dosages, and made it as potent as any other by supplying their ingredients in top shelf forms. Not to mention, the addition of Bioperine makes everything here all the more efficient.
What I noticed in the formula is that 3 out of the 5 testosterone boosters help fight stress. This is especially important to athletes and bodybuilders who wear themselves out almost every single day with their intense exercise routines. Why’s it important, you ask?
Well, that’s because our bodies are programmed to interpret exercise as stress. That means, the more you exercise, the more stress you’re likely to have. And with more stress, you’ll find it so much harder to build muscle and maintain healthy levels of testosterone. PrimaSurge helps with this bodybuilding paradox by including ingredients such as high quality Tongkat Ali, Ashwagandha, and Shilajit.
On top of that, Tongkat Ali also lowers levels of SHBG for more “free” testosterone to use in muscle growth and Shilajit also raises levels of ATP (kind of like creatine) to fend of fatigue so you have more energy to push through more reps and sets.
Also, with increased testosterone, any well-rounded test booster will also help regulate estrogen which PrimaSurge does with its only manly mineral – Boron. Moreover, Boron also helps protect testosterone from being chained to SHBG. That’s more “free” testosterone for all you muscle bound freaks.
Lastly, there’s Safed Musli. Although a recent research did support its cause for boosting testosterone, it’s probably more effective as a sex enhancer.
Does it Work?
Yes and it works wonderfully.
Overall, the focus of the formula is obviously bodybuilding and muscle growth. It enhances these aspects of male health by effectively controlling cortisol and inhibiting SHBG for more “free” testosterone. The formula also has benefits on total testosterone and sex.
Combining all these advantages to male health, I think PrimaSurge might be best for the active and young Alpha Male who’s looking to gain more muscle. Stress on “more” because men who’re just starting to get into that gym life don’t have their bodies that stressed out yet so they probably don’t need this as much as the veteran gym rats do.
- Simple – This 6 ingredient formula is almost the perfect embodiment of “less is more”.
- Smart choices – None of the ingredients are out of place and ironically so, everything has its purpose. Moreover, everything here is natural and given to us by Mother Nature herself. No synthetics, no fancy exotics, and no banned substances for pro athletes.
- High Quality – Take a look at the ingredients section again and you’ll notice that Safed Musli is the only ingredient that’s not given in an extra potent form.
- Reputation – The consumer’s rated this pretty high and there doesn’t seem to be any complaints of major side effects. This is to be expected though.
- Cheap – It’s currently sold at their website for $30 and I’m telling you, that’s a really good bargain for the quality of this formula. What’s more is that it’s sold even cheaper at Amazon for only 25 bucks.
- No ZMA – Well, it’s really not that bad because the formula itself looks to already be pretty effective for bodybuilding. However, the trio of Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6 would’ve given this formula another angle to use for muscle growth and recovery.
- Safed Musli – It’s honestly not a bad ingredient but to further enhance the bodybuilding benefits of this formula, an ingredient like Fenugreek, to me, would’ve been better.
Another bad thing that I found about PrimaSurge has something to do with their website. To be clear though, the website was very helpful in the making of this review. Unlike other websites of some other testosterone boosting products, Jacked Factory’s official webpage provided me all the essential parts I needed to write this piece like their ingredients, dosages, and even a little bit of insight to this product’s formulation. Kudos to Jacked Factory for that.However, there’s one line there that truly got me and it’s this:
“if you are considering a testosterone booster with tribulus and/or d-aspartic acid, then you are about to be ripped off”
Specifically, I beg to disagree with their statement on D-Aspartic Acid. This amino acid has scientific evidence to back it up as one of the most powerful testosterone boosters available in the current market. For example, this study has shown D-Aspartic acid to boost testosterone by up to 42% in just 12 days. That’s a whole lot of boost in a short amount of time! However, I do agree with their statement on Tribulus as it’s really not as powerful as it’s being marketed to be. I do understand that all this is just marketing though so, yeah. No big deal.
The Bottom Line
PrimaSurge is giving me a hard time not to have it listed among my list of the best testosterone boosting supplements. Honestly, the only reason I’m not is because I think TestoFuel is better and it’s also a testosterone booster targeted to athletes.
But frankly, there’s just so much good to it and virtually nothing bad. I mean, the bad things I listed up there? They’re just me being picky because I couldn’t find anything else to write under that section. And when a reviewer such as myself has a hard time being critical about a certain product, that’s when you know it’s really, really good.
So to end this, if you’re looking to bulk up those biceps and that chest a little bit more, my advise is that you try PrimaSurge. It’s cheap for a testosterone booster anyway, so it’s worth a shot. Also, they have a 30-day money back guarantee just in case you didn’t like it.