Quick Take: If I had to guess why you stumbled your way across this review, it’d be because prior to arriving here, you were at the Panthera Labs website and saw two natural testosterone boosters with marketing that look eerily similar and so, you found yourself asking a bunch of questions that basically root from a single mystery – “which one is better?” I’m no Einstein but believe me, it doesn’t take a genius to know who wins this. Let the battle commence.
Primaldrol 4000 Features
- Advertised on its label to be designed for supporting lean muscle development
- Has individual parts of the ZMA trio albeit poor dosages
- Contains a WADA banned substance in DHEA
- Tweaks insulin profile to promote anabolism
- LJ100 is its primary ingredient
- Click here for my full review on Primaldrol 4000
Primal Test Features
- Marketed to be a “testosterone elevating matrix”
- Has just 3 ingredients
- Primary ingredient is still LJ100
- May improve circulation through L-Arginine
- Has Niacinamide – a B vitamin (B3) that may improve joint health via anti-inflammatory properties. Also increases energy and may aid in the production of hormones.
- Click here for my full review on Primal Test
Primaldrol 4000 VS. Primal Test: My Analysis
Both of these supplements are made by Panthera Labs – a brand that prides itself in bodybuilding products that boast “Power, Purity, and Performance”. Panthera Labs also puts LJ100, a premium brand of Tongkat Ali, on a pedestal and it shows in both of these supplements’ formula. There’s good and bad news to this:
- Good news:
- Tongkat Ali is one of the more promising natural testosterone boosters (total and “free”) and men’s health supplement. TA also regulates/improves sperm, stress levels (cortisol), estrogen, and libido.
- Bad news:
- Tongkat Ali isn’t as good as Panthera Labs makes it out to be. It’s good, okay, but it’s probably not the best out there if we’re talking strictly in terms of testosterone.
That said, another cool thing about Panthera Labs is that despite its heavy reliance on LJ100, Primaldrol 4000 and Primal Test are differently formulated.
Primaldrol 4000 has the individual parts of ZMA and a prop blend that triggers an anabolic response
Let’s dissect the first part of that statement. What’s ZMA? Simply said, it’s a trio of nutrients that’re composed of 3 natural testosterone boosters: Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6. These nutrients are commonly found depleted through sweat, making ZMA supplements somewhat fundamental in maintaining healthy levels of testosterone in athletes and active men. Primaldrol 4000’s ZMA is basically a throw-away though because of such puny dosages.
Next, we dive into the Primaldrol 4000 prop blend. Obviously, LJ100 is a given here but the other ingredients are what make it unique. I’ve seen many other muscle building supplements regulate estrogen, testosterone, and cortisol to promote growth but there’s relatively less out there that have the balls to juggle insulin. Because this is such an uncommon approach though, I suggest you book an appointment with your doctor before taking a pill.
Primal Test takes the simple road to test boosting by employing a 3-ingredient formula
Again, Panthera Labs places its hopes in what might currently be the best branded Tongkat Ali in LJ100. This time though, they didn’t trap the individual dosages in a prop blend. With 200 mg of potent Tongkat Ali, there most likely will be manly benefits that stem from Primal Test.
However, the other two ingredients in Primal Test are NOT testosterone boosters which has me wondering if it even has the capability to boost testosterone. Regardless, Niacinamide and L-Arginine also have their benefits especially at the dosage they’re given. Niacinamide can help with energy and joint health while L-Arginine’s improved circulation can help you get more solid erections or better a better pump at the gym.
Conclusion: Which is Better?
Despite making LJ100 the primary ingredient in both their testosterone boosters, they’ve given Tongkat Ali quite the distinctive set of supporting casts in Primaldrol 4000 and Primal Test. This made all the difference. The winner of this battle is:
Although I personally wouldn’t call it the best and I loathe supplements who conceal the individual dosages of their ingredients in a veil of proprietary madness, Primaldrol 4000 is the more complete testosterone booster. Admittedly, it doesn’t hold a candle to the heavy weights of the natural test boosting world but its take on insulin does make it one of the rarer formulas.
Primal Test still has its benefits though. The trio of LJ100, Niacinamide, and L-Arginine may not be much of a combo for boosting testosterone but it may also impact joint health, energy, and circulation. Some men may consider these more important than solid test boosting and if that fits your profile, hey, you might want to consider Primal test.