Quick Take: If you’re an older guy who’s having trouble with his prostate, sex life, and testosterone then this PR Labs EveryDay Male review is for you. I like how this stack is focused on these particular areas of male health but it also has a few major dosage-related flaws. Allow me to guide you through the pros and cons of this formula and at the end of the article, help you decide whether or not it’s worth it.
- PR Labs is the company that manufactures EveryDay Male®
- Its FAQ sheet says that “EveryDay Male is designed to help men perform better in the bedroom, the weight-room, and the boardroom through more sustained energy and better sexual health”
- Has a couple of essential T boosting nutrients in Vitamin D3 and Zinc. Dosage may be an issue with both though.
- The proprietary blend consists of 12 ingredients sharing a puny total dosage of 1060 mg
- Supports male health mainly through boosts in testosterone, circulation, and prostate protection
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including the PR Labs official website and on Amazon. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find it on GNC.
PR Labs EveryDay Male Ingredients
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol)||1000 IU|
|Zinc (as Zinc chelate)||60 mg|
|Proprietary blend||1060 mg|
|L-arginine, Fenugreek (seed), L-citrulline, Avena sativa straw extract, Plant sterols (including beta-sitosterol) (soy), Pygeum africanum (bark) extract, Tribulus terrestris (fruit), Green tea extract, Beet (root), Ginkgo biloba (leaf) extract, Acetyl-l-carnitine, Resveratrol|
PR Labs EveryDay Male – Ingredients Review
Vitamin D – According to a study, men with healthy levels of Vitamin D also have higher levels of testosterone. The cholecalciferol (D3) form here on PR Labs EveryDay Male is the preferred form of this vitamin but this 1,000 IU dosage dwells a bit on the low side.
Zinc – This mineral is directly involved in the production of testosterone which, to me, makes it one of the best nutrients for test. This chelated form makes it easy to absorb, too. However, there’s a catch.
TOO MUCH ZINC CAN BE TOXIC
Aside from boosting testosterone, Zinc has so much more benefits to our health which includes warding off free radicals, increasing immunity, etcetera. However, taking in too much of this healthy mineral can also be harmful.
According to research, extremely high dosages of Zinc can manifest in toxicity symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, lethargy, and fatigue. Furthermore, it could also lead to copper deficiency and an imbalance in your good:bad cholesterol ratio.
Thankfully, even at this heavy 60 mg dosage, PR Labs EveryDay Male isn’t at the range of these “extremely high dosages”. However, it’s much closer to these risky levels compared to most other testosterone supplements. That said, do be mindful of any additional Zinc intake and make sure to NOT go over 100-300 mg per day.
- L-arginine – This popular bodybuilding amino acid boosts nitric oxide. As a result, it also widens our blood vessels for improved blood flow.
- Fenugreek – More popularly known for its libido and physical performance benefits, this herb also has testosterone boosting properties. Specifically, it inhibits the aromatase and 5-alpha-reductase enzymes which results in lower estrogen and DHT as well more “free” testosterone.
- L-citrulline – Here’s another common amino acid used in a lot of bodybuilding supplements for its ability to increase nitric oxide. More than this, however, Citrulline also delays muscle fatigue through boosts in ATP.
- Avena sativa – Commonly seen in nootropic suppements, Avena Sativa is also rich in L-Arginine.
- Plant sterols – These compounds share a structural resemblance to cholesterol. Moreover, a specific plant sterol here on PR Labs EveryDay Male, beta-sitosterol, seems to be an effective treatment for benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH).
- Pygeum africanum – According to research, this plant might also treat BPH.
Beta-sitosterol and Pygeum Africanum decrease DHT to treat BPH
Both these ingredients are capable of inhibiting 5-alpha-reductase – the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to DHT. But, what does this have to do with BPH?Similar to testosterone, DHT is also an androgen that plays a heavy role in the development of our prostate. However, in adult males, excess DHT could also lead to an abnormal prostate growth. Hence, resulting in BPH.5-alpha-reductase inhibitors such as Beta-sitosterol and Pygeum Africanum stunt the conversion of testosterone into DHT which, as stated in research, can “arrest the disease process, reduce prostate volume, improve symptoms, and reduce the risk of acute urinary retention and BPH-related surgery.”
- Tribulus terrestris – This plant can boost testosterone in men who’re already deficient (i.e., older men over their 30s). For the younger generation, however, it’s frankly ineffective. Regardless of age though, Tribulus is a pretty darn good libido booster.
- Green tea – Promotes fat loss through boosts in thermogenesis and fat oxidation.
- Beet – Plenty of athletes seem to have this as part of their regular diet because it helps improve exercise performance. One reason for this is that beets are rich in nitrates that improve circulation and carbohydrates that add more energy.
- Ginkgo biloba – Popular in nootropics but might also have benefits to circulation
- Acetyl-l-carnitine – According to research, ALCAR can improve exercise performance and energy.
- Resveratrol – Many supplements use this to lower levels of estrogen. There’s actually research that supports its use as an estrogen-blocker but other studies also show that it mimics the effects of estrogen. Contradicting, isn’t it?
PR Labs EveryDay Male Directions
Each serving of PR Labs EveryDay Male consists of 2 veggie capsules. As instructed, simply take 2 capsules (1 serving) per day with water.
When it comes to ingredients outside its prop blend, I like how PR Labs EveryDay Male has essential testosterone boosting nutrients Vitamin D and Zinc. They’re both given in solid forms, too. However, these nutrients also have slight problems with dosage where Vitamin D has a little too less and Zinc is on the verge of going too high.
Obviously, this is a knock on the PR Labs EveryDay Male formula but fortunately, there are simple solutions to these problems. For the lack of Vitamin D, you could always just stay outside under the heat of the sun for a few minutes. On the other hand, limiting your Zinc intake can also minimize the risks of toxicity.
Moving on, the PR Labs EveryDay Male formula also has a proprietary blend with a total dosage of 1060 mg. For 12 ingredients, that’s honestly a terrible dosage, especially since the prop blend has amino acids (i.e., Arginine, Citrulline, Carnitine) that typically require large doses. Needless to say, I’m not expecting results as powerful as the best testosterone supplements in the early 2018 market.
This is unfortunate since PR Labs EveryDay Male supposedly has a bunch of ingredients that inhibit 5-alpha-reductase. This could’ve lead to healthier prostates as well higher testosterone. Furthermore, the prop blend could’ve benefitted circulation and, depending on how you use it, this could’ve translated to better muscle pumps at the gym, harder erections in the bedroom, or an improved mental state.
PR Labs EveryDay Male Benefits: Does it Work?
Despite its dosage issues, I do think PR Labs EveryDay Male works. Solely for testosterone, the heavy dose of Zinc can already support healthy levels of T. Also, given that you spend a few minutes of your day outside, the Vitamin D3 here can help with testosterone as well.
Moreover, the prop blend has benefits on prostate health, circulation, muscle growth, sex, and testosterone. Of course, these benefits would’ve been more pronounced if the prop blend was given more milligrams but for what it’s worth, they might still be there to a significantly milder degree.
PR Labs EveryDay Male Review Summary
- All natural – I’m not seeing anything synthetic here
- Healthy Prostates – BPH can lead to a bunch of uncomfortable symptoms but the PR Labs Every Day Male formula can help
- Focused – This product doesn’t just throw random ingredients in a capsule. I see a smart stack of ingredients that complement each other when it comes to improving prostate health, blood flow, and testosterone.
- Reputation – The Amazon customer reviews and ratings are generally positive
- Dosage derps – Zinc’s dose is risky, Vitamin D needs a little more milligrams, and the prop blend is severely anaemic
- Proprietary – These formula designs hide the specific dosages of their ingredients and that’s never a good thing
- Risky – Again, beware the side effects of Zinc toxicity.
The Bottom Line
PR Labs EveryDay Male is for the man who wants to bring back the joy in his sex life with boosts in testosterone, circulation, and a healthy prostate. Also, this stack isn’t just for pure lust because the increase in testosterone and blood flow can help with muscles, too. However, it does have dosage issues which can limit its overall effectiveness and possibly contribute to Zinc toxicity if you leave your intake unchecked.