Quick Take: Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner is probably both similar and different to the other fat burners you’ve seen. Similar because it’s capable of burning fat in as many ways as the best of them but different because it does so with such a short formula. Plus, I think it’s made to specifically enhance the weight loss benefits of the most popular fitness trends this 2018. Trust me – you’re going to like it. Read my full review below.
- Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner was designed to be a “muscle-sparing fat loss support for exercise and fasted training”
- Compared to most other fat burning supplements, Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner has a relatively short formula with only 4 ingredients
- All ingredients are given in enhanced forms for fast absorption. As a matter of fact, all except HMB are given as branded ingredients
- Targets fat burning via multiple pathways (thermogenesis, hormonal, enzymatic and metabolic support, hunger and satiety regulation, etcetera)
- Great as a stand-alone supplement but might even work better as part of a stack
- Can’t be bought on Amazon, GNC, or other 3rd party retailers. If you want to get your hands on this supplement, you may do so at their website: www.performancelab.com
Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner Ingredients
|Coleus Forskohlii root (as Forslean®) (std. for min. 10% forskolin)||250 mg|
|HMB (β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate)||1000 mg|
|Cayenne Pepper Extract (as Capsimax®) (Capsicum annuum) (fruit) (std. for min. 2% capsaicinoids)||50 mg|
|Black Pepper Extract (as BioPerine®) (Piper nigrum) (fruit) (std. for min. 95% piperine)||2.5 mg|
Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner – Ingredients Review
Supplied as Forslean®, this brand carries a potent percentage of its active compound Forskolin. This compound increases cAMP (cyclic adenosine monophosphate) which is essentially responsible for a lot of this herb’s fitness benefits.
When it comes to fat burning, cAMP activates protein kinase A (PKA) which, in turn, accelerates the breakdown of fat and promotes the use of fatty acids (triglycerides) as fuel. This not only helps you lose fat, it’s a great supplement for when you’re on the ketogenic diet, on a caloric deficiency, or while working out on a fasted state.
Now, when it comes to testosterone, cAMP is crucial to the communication of cells, most notably within the hypothalamus-pituitary-gonad (HPG) axis – the system responsible for T production.
As evidence, a research on Foskolin saw results of increased “free” testosterone, decreased body fat percentage and fat mass, as well as increased lean body mass.
The scientific name is crazy long so let’s just call it HMB. It’s a metabolite of L-Leucine which, according to multiple studies, has plenty of fitness related benefits including:
- Limiting exercise induced muscle damage resulting in boosted recovery
- Increasing hypertrophy (muscle growth), strength, and power with the appropriate workouts
- Amplifying the fat loss that comes with exercise
- Improving fat oxidation
- Per research, the above benefits are due to HMB’s ability to inhibit protein breakdown while also promoting protein synthesis
- Preserving muscle mass in older adults (research)
- Improving aerobic fitness when paired with high-intensity interval training (research)
As you can see, HMB is just an all-around booster when it comes to fitness, which brings us to the question…
If HMB came from Leucine, why not supplement with Leucine instead?
Well, the simple answer is that only about 5% of leucine is converted into HMB. As stated in research, “an individual would need to consume over 600 g of high quality protein to obtain the amount of leucine (60 grams) necessary to produce the typical 3 g daily dosage of HMB used in human studies.”
So, would you rather spend your money on 600 grams of protein, supplement with 60 grams of leucine, or have it easy with just a little bit of HMB? HMB, right? Yeah, I thought so. It’s simply more practical to have HMB straight away. Plus, it’s quite the safe supplement anyway.
Standardized for a minimum of 2% capsaicinoids, this brand has more of the pepper’s active compound, including capsaicin which has plenty of health benefits. Specifically when it comes to fat loss, research suggests that capsaicin can suppress hunger and induce satiety even while on a fasted state, enhance lipid (fat) metabolism and thermogenesis, and prevent fat accumulation.
Black Pepper (BioPerine®)
BioPerine® is seen in a lot of modern supplements mainly for its ability to enhance nutrient absorption. Here on Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner, however, it serves a bigger purpose: fat loss.
Per research, supplementing piperine, black pepper’s active compound, significantly reduced body weight, triglyceride, total cholesterol, LDL (bad) cholesterol, and fat mass while also increasing HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
Moreover, the same research states that piperine was able to display all these results without changing their subjects’ food intake which, in the study’s case, was a high fat diet. Incredible!
Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner Directions
Each serving of Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner consists of 2 Plantcaps®. However, they also suggest taking 2-4 capsules 15 minutes before training for best results. With a total of 60 capsules per bottle, that should last you a good 15-30 days.
I’ve taken quite a bit of fat burners in my day and honestly, I haven’t found many with as few ingredients as Performance Lab SPORT Fat burner. To put that into perspective, here are some of the most popular fat burners in the 2018 market and how many ingredients are in their respective formulas:
|Fat Burner||# of Ingredients|
|Transparent Labs (PhysiqueSeries) Fat Burner||9|
|Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen||7|
|Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite||6|
|EVLution Nutrition Lean Mode||5|
In comparison to the products above, Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner only has 4. Now, before you assume that this supplement has less to offer because it has less ingredients, I’m telling you… don’t. It doesn’t work like that.
From what I can see, Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner is capable of doing a lot of what today’s top fat burners do. In fact, in some areas, I think it might even be better thanks to its incredibly smart design and ingredient combinations. Let me explain.
Literally all of this supplement’s ingredients burn fat via multiple angles. In particular…
- Coleus Forskohlii takes the cAMP and testosterone route where it increases lean body mass while reducing fat
- HMB improves fatty acid oxidation (fat breakdown)
- Cayenne stimulates the release of catecholamines which enhances thermogenesis and fat oxidation while preventing fat accumulation. Oh, and it suppresses hunger and makes you feel full, too.
- BioPerine also increases thermogenesis and inhibits the formation of new fat cells
You see, while most other fat burner supplements focus mainly on thermogenesis, it’s only the most effective ones that target multiple fat burning pathways and clearly, this supplement is hitting those same spots.
What really sets Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner apart, however, is that it was designed for today’s fitness trends
When cutting or losing weight, both training and diet change. Your mindset here is going to be all about burning more calories than you take in while still preserving as much muscle as possible. For this reason, I think fitness trends such as high intensity interval training (HIIT), fasted training, intermittent fasting, and the ketogenic diet are becoming increasingly popular.
Apart from their benefits on fat loss, the ingredients inside Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner have benefits that enhance the effects of these trends while also keeping their negatives at a minimum. And, you know what? Unlike most other fat burners, Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner does all of these without relying on caffeine and other stimulants which means no crash, no jitters, and no side effects on heart rate and blood pressure.
Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner Benefits: Does it Work?
Hell yeah it does. I’ve personally been using it for quite a while now and I’ve lost more than my fair share of pounds while retaining a lot of my mass and strength. It works well as a stand-alone product but from my experience, I think it’s best stacked with other supplements.
Personally, my stack consists of other Performance Lab products. Specifically, Performance Lab® SPORT Testosterone Booster, Pre Workout, and Post Workout. They’ve all worked well for me so far but you don’t have to use the same supplements as I do. If you have a different stack, Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner will still fit right in.
Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner Review Summary
- Simplicity – Its short yet effective formula gives me confidence that it can be stacked with most other supplements without any backlash
- Synergistic – Performance Labs seems to pride themselves in synergistic formulas and this one is no different
- Quality – The ingredients used here are all in enhanced forms with 3 out of 4 coming from top-notch brands
- NO CAFFEINE! – I personally prefer having no caffeine or stimulants in my supplements so, to me, this is very, VERY good news
- Versatility – Whatever you want in your fat burner, Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner has you covered
- Dosage – The dosages here do seem lower than other top fat burners. However, the instructions also say you’re allowed to take 4 capsules (2 servings) per day which easily fixes this problem.
- Pricey – If you do plan on taking 4 capsules per day, it’s also going to cut your supply in half which then requires you to buy 2 bottles for an entire month’s supply. If you buy this as a package though, you get a discount of up to 10%.
The Bottom Line
Performance Lab SPORT Fat Burner has a relatively short formula yet it still manages to be as complete as any other. It’s thermogenic, it suppresses appetite and makes you feel full, it acts on enzymes, proteins, and hormones that help you lose fat while still gaining/maintaining muscle, and it’s especially effective for both men and women who’re into sports and bodybuilding.