Quick Take: If you’ve been hitting the gym for quite some time now, I’m pretty sure you’ve seen the biggest guys use one of these two testosterone boosters. I don’t have actual statistics to show but based on my observation, P6 Xtreme and Animal Test are among the most famous testosterone supplements used by the biggest guys at the gym that’re dead serious about bodybuilding. That said, both of these are athletic driven products aimed at boosting testosterone for enhanced anabolic growth. The difference here is that P6 Xtreme takes the testorone-ier route while Animal Test is almost purely anti-estrogenic. In today’s review, I’ll be helping you decide which one to choose through formula comparison. Let’s get to it.
P6 Xtreme Features
- A product of Cellucor, P6 Xtreme is the most extreme of this brand’s testosterone boosting line of supplements.
- In terms of testosterone boosting, it takes a well rounded approach by increase total test, as well as “free” T by blocking DHT and estrogen conversion.
- The formula is packed full of high quality ingredients.
- The formula also has AlphaSize® A-GPC & Zembrin® which are ingredients that deal with the cerebral part of manly health.
- Lacks big time testosterone boosters such as DAA, Zinc, Vitamin D, etcetera which means it lacks the power T-boosting power that some of the best testosterone boosting products have.
- Click here to read my full review on P6 Xtreme.
Animal Test Features
- Manufactured by Universal Nutrition, Animal Test is sort of a staple supplement for natural bodybuilders who want to get even bigger.
- Advertised to be “the ultimate in legal hypertrophic, pro-testosterone supplementation”, Animal Test looks to promote muscle growth that might even be comparable to illegal steroids.
- The formula includes Arachidonic Acid which goes against traditional bodybuilding lore by actually promoting inflammation when limiting it was supposedly the staple.
- To enhance the formula even further, Animal Test has 6, 7-Dihydroxybergamottin and Bioperine® who’re both here to increase the ingredients’ bioavailability.
- For T-boosts, this formula relies on Stinging Nettle to increase “free” test and a number of aromatase inhibitors.
- Click here to read my full review on Animal Test.
P6 Xtreme VS. Animal Test: My Analysis
If you haven’t noticed yet, you’re probably not working out at the same time slot as your gym’s local big boys. And if you are, you probably didn’t pay close attention. Eitherway, I urge you to start observing the big boys’ stacks because most likely, you’ll be seeing either P6 Xtreme or Animal Test.
However, while both of these testosterone boosters aim at enhancing our masculine characteristics, one takes a more well-rounded approach while the other is mostly focused on just one.
P6 XTREME TACKLES MUSCLE BUILDING VIA A WELL-ROUNDED APPROACH TO HORMONAL REGULATION
Starting with increasing levels of overall test, P6 Xtreme uses the prowess of a branded form of Tongkat Ali in LJ100®. This herb has shown an increase in levels of testosterone by 37% while decreasing levels of cortisol by 16%. For “free” test, which is technically more important for anabolic growth, P6 Xtreme has Ashwagandha, Tribulus Alatus, Stinging Nettle, and Agaricus Bisporus. These herbs handle the hormonal regulation part of this formula through a number of ways including inhibiting aromatase and 5a-reductase.
With these ingredients alone, you get higher levels of total and “free” testosterone which lead to a balanced hormonal environment conducive to muscle growth.
That’s not all though. P6 Xtreme seems to believe that well-balanced male doesn’t just mean more muscle. It also means more brains. In that sense, they included AlphaSize® A-GPC & Zembrin® which are nootropics for cognition, memory, and mood.
ANIMAL TEST HAS A DEAD EYE ON BUILDING MUSCLE VIA “FREE” TESTOSTERONE BOOSTS AND A PRO-INFLAMMATORY COMPOUND
Strictly in terms of testosterone, animal test has one: Stinging Nettle. This herb increases levels of “free” test by inhibiting the binding activities of the notorious testosterone killer SHBG. To make sure that these “free” testosterone actually stays testosterone for use in bodybuilding, Animal Test uses a wide number of estrogen and DHT blockers.
Stinging Nettle itself has estrogen blocking properties. That, plus ingredients such as Resveratrol, Agaricus Bisporus, and Hesperetin makes sure testosterone doesn’t get converted to anything else other than testosterone.
This increase in testosterone will then be used by bodybuilders to build more muscle. But that’s not all that Animal Test has to offer. This product also uses ARA which is a pro-inflammatory compound meant to jump start the recovery process which then, again, leads to bigger muscles. And! To make sure those muscle gains stay lean, Animal Test also has Yohimbe to aid in fat loss. Of course, when you build bigger muscles, you also place stress on your skeleton. Animal Test knows this and they found a solution in Cissus Quadrangularis.
Conclusion: Which is Better?
Before I answer that question, let me ask you something too. Would you rather be a Jack-of-all-trades or a specialist? Because that’s basically what we’re comparing here.
Yes, they both aim at enhancing our manly traits but P6 Xtreme takes a more well-rounded approach while Animal Test aims almost exclusively at building muscle.
So which is better? The well-rounded formula, or the specialist? To be honest, I’m not even entirely sure myself. This is really one close battle based on my analysis. If we’re talking strictly about testosterone and the other hormones, I’ll take P6 Xtreme as the better supplement. It has the ingredients to boost total and “free” testosterone as well as a better control on estrogen and DHT. Not only that, those nootropics are looking sexy too. The result is a well-balanced male with both brawns and brains.
When it comes to raw, lean muscle though, Animal Test looks better than P6 Xtreme. If this is what you’re looking for, Animal Test seems like a better fit for you.