Quick Take: Cellucor and Jym – two of the most well-known brands in fitness and bodybuilding. As you’ll see in this review, both of these products effectively and efficiently modulate your body’s internal environment to make it more encouraging to muscle growth. Despite similar end goals, however, both products do their magic quite differently. P6 Ultimate VS Alpha Jym – let the battle begin!
P6 Ultimate Features
- P6 Ultimate is the best testosterone booster under Cellucor’s fleet
- Advertised on its label to be “the most anabolic testosterone & cognitive formula”
- Has two separate proprietary blends serving different purposes, including: 1) testosterone and performance, 2) cognition and pumps
- As is the nature of prop blends, we don’t actually get to see the specific dosages of each ingredient. Nonetheless, the blends do have solid total dosages
- Uses a bunch of clinically researched brands
- Click here to read my full P6 Ultimate review
Alpha Jym Features
- A product of Jim Stoppani himself – a doctor of exercise physiology and celebrity health and personal nutrition consultant
- Designed for “5-stage” test boosts. More on this later.
- Has a short 6 ingredient formula that fulfils the 5 different stages
- Non-proprietary design which means all dosages and forms are disclosed
- Taken twice per day, the dosage here is HUGE!
- Click here to read my full Alpha Jym review
P6 Ultimate VS Alpha Jym: My Analysis
P6 Ultimate and Alpha Jym are products of two of the most dependable brands in fitness and bodybuilding. P6 Ultimate, in particular, is made by Cellucor while Alpha Jym is designed, used, and endorsed by Dr. Jim Stoppani himself.
Having said that, both of these supplements are made to help men achieve their dream physiques. However, their individual designs vary greatly and, consequently, so do their strategies.
P6 Ultimate uses 2 proprietary blends that each serve different anabolic purposes
First of all, P6 Ultimate has 3333 IU of vitamin D3 outside of the two prop blends. According to science, men with higher levels of this manly vitamin tend to have higher levels of testosterone. With a massive 3333 IU dosage, I think this is a great way to jumpstart a formula.
Moving on, the first prop blend is aptly named P6® Testosterone and Performance Blend. With a total dosage of 2275 divided among its 7 ingredients, each ingredient gets an average of 325 mg – not bad. Furthermore, the ingredients in this blend mostly come in branded or enhanced forms. As a whole, the blend is capable of boosting “free” testosterone, athletic performance, and a little bit of libido while also reducing cortisol and estrogen for a more anabolic metabolism.
The second blend is called P6 Ultimate™ Cognitive and Pump Blend and it has a total dosage of 1225 mg shared among 4 ingredients. Again, not a bad dose especially considering the top-shelf ingredients that are being used. It uses two kinds of arginine (a popular amino acid) to stimulate different nitric oxide pathways which, theoretically, results in a more efficient and sustainable way to boost circulation, energy, and prevent muscle damage. Moreover, it also has AlphaSize® and Zembrin® to keep you focused during your workouts.
Alpha Jym has a short non-proprietary formula which enlists a 5-stage testosterone boosting strategy
Dr. Jim Stoppani really knows his craft and it shows in the design of Alpha Jym. With only 6 ingredients, it manages to support high levels of testosterone through its 5-stage T boosting strategy, which is basically this:
- Promote the natural production of testosterone
- Limit estrogen levels
- Protect testosterone-producing cells from damaging free radicals
- Inhibit SHBG from binding to testosterone
- Maintain high levels of testosterone
That’s a pretty smart-sounding system, isn’t it?
Anyhow, Alpha Jym primarily has fenugreek, tongkat ali, and ashwagandha to boost testosterone. These three, in my opinion, are among the more effective natural T boosting herbs that are being used in today’s testosterone supplements. Furthermore, fenugreek (along with DIM and damiana) can also lower estrogen levels.
But wait! There’s more!
Tongkat ali and ashwagandha are capable adaptogens. Along with quercetin’s antioxidant properties, these ingredients help keep stress (cortisol) levels to a minimum. Oh, and quercetin also prevents T from leaving the body through urine and, in effect, helps sustain high levels of testosterone. All in all, these benefits help promote an internal environment that’s conducive to muscle growth (anabolism).
P6 Ultimate VS Alpha Jym Summary
- P6® Testosterone and Performance Blend tunes your body’s metabolism to be more anabolic (higher T, lower estrogen and cortisol) while also improving performance in bed and at the gym
- P6 Ultimate™ Cognitive and Pump Blend boosts blood flow and energy via 2 arginine pathways while also sharpening focus
- Overall, it’s a testosterone booster designed to help men get more out of their workouts
- $159.99 per bottle (150 capsules) on the official Cellucor website
- Non-proprietary formula that uses a smart 5-stage T boosting method
- Promotes robust anabolism through sustained high levels of testosterone, lower estrogen, and lower cortisol
- Overall, Alpha Jym is designed to optimize natural testosterone production and use it to fuel muscle growth
- $39.99 per bottle on GNC and $34.87 per bottle on Bodybuilding. Each bottle has 180 capsules
Conclusion: Which is Better?
To be honest with you, I think it’s a coin toss but for the sake of argument, I say Alpha Jym is the better testosterone booster but not the better supplement.
In terms of their effects on hormones, both boost “free” testosterone, reduce estrogen, and control cortisol. However, purely when it comes to T boosting power, P6 Ultimate and Alpha Jym pretty much rely on the same ingredients: fenugreek, ashwagandha, and tongkat ali. The difference, however, is that Alpha Jym’s non-proprietary formula gives me confidence that these herbs are indeed getting adequate dosages, especially since we’re allowed to take 2 servings per day.
Having said that, P6 Ultimate is probably the deeper supplement thanks to its benefits on focus and circulation. In a nutshell, if you want a more reliable testosterone booster to help you transform your physique, go with Alpha Jym. If you’re willing to take your chances and trust a supplement that might also have pre and post workout benefits, P6 Ultimate is worth a shot.