Quick Take: The original and the ultimate – a tale of two supplements striving for the epitome of testosterone and performance. Clearly, both these products are made by Cellucor and their formulas use similarly designed proprietary blends, too. However, despite the likeness of these two, they’re actually quite different and one is superior to the other. So, which supplement is going to win? P6 Original VS P6 Ultimate – let’s get it on!
P6 Original Features
- Designed to be an “advanced anabolic testosterone booster”
- The entire formula is a single proprietary blend of 7 ingredients
- Taken twice per day for a total of 4 capsules, the total dosage on this product seems quite adequate
- Ashwagandha, fenugreek, tongkat ali, and stinging nettle all increase testosterone and, except for the latter, support libido and physical performance
- Also has ingredients that don’t seem to be as reliable
- Click here to read my full P6 Original Review
P6 Ultimate Features
- Advertised to be “the most anabolic testosterone & cognitive formula”
- 2 proprietary blends which serve different purposes but overall, P6 Ultimate is meant for boosting natural testosterone and physical performance (strength, energy)
- Its first blend has the same exact ingredients used in P6 Original but has a different total dosage
- 2nd blend has focus and blood flow as its priorities
- Solid 3333 IU of vitamin D outside of both prop blends
- Click here to read my full P6 Ultimate review
P6 Original VS P6 Ultimate: My Analysis
P6 Original VS P6 Ultimate – Somehow, this sounds like it should be the plot of some hollywood movie.
Anyway, both these products are made by Cellucor but really, the brand has a lot more testosterone boosters under its P6 line of supplements. Each serve a different purpose and P6 Original – as its name so obviously implies – is the brand’s original T booster. P6 Ultimate, on the other hand, is supposed to be the best… but is it really?
Moreover, both of these supplements use proprietary blends which means that instead of telling us the specific dosages of each ingredient up front, they give us a total dosage and essentially leave us guessing how they distributed the milligrams. In case you didn’t get it, prop blends suck and, in my opinion, significantly reduces the reliability of both products.
That being said, what makes them different?
P6 ORIGINAL HAS A SINGLE PROPRIETARY BLEND WITH BENEFITS FOR SEX, MUSCLE, AND T
First of all, the P6 Original prop blend, P6® Testosterone and Performance Blend, has a total daily dosage of 2100 mg divided among 7 ingredients. This means that each ingredient gets an average dose of 300 mg. Honestly, that’s not very impressive but not too bad either. It’s… okay. I guess. Damn you, prop blends! *sigh*
In terms of ingredient quality though, P6 Original seems to fair better thanks to its use of potent herbal extracts. In particular, it has branded ashwagandha (KSM-66®) and tongkat ali (LJ100®). Along with fenugreek, these herbs are all capable of naturally boosting testosterone while also having their own touch on sex, muscle growth, and performance.
Furthermore, P6 Original also has DIM and stinging nettle which might further enhance this supplement’s effects on “free” testosterone while also limiting estrogen. Overall, P6 Original, to me, feels like a men’s supplement with average potential.
P6 ULTIMATE HAS ALL OF ITS PREDECESSORS INGREDIENTS BUT ADDS A 2ND BLEND FOR MORE BODYBUILDING SUPPORT
P6 Ultimate is a formula of 2 two proprietary blends but the first one is essentially P6 Original with a slightly higher total dosage (2275 mg VS 2100 mg). So, again, it’s not too impressive, not too bad, just… okay.
However, outside of its two prop blends, P6 Ultimate has a fat 3333 IU dosage of vitamin D – a nutrient that’s been associated with higher testosterone levels in men. Combined with the T boosting power of the first blend, I think it’s safe to say that P6 Ultimate is now a more respectable, if not solid testosterone supplement.
Moving on, the second blend is called P6 Ultimate™ Cognitive and Pump Blend. As you might have already guessed, it’s designed to enhance focus and blood circulation. Its total dosage, 1225 mg, is to be divided among 4 ingredients which results in an average dose of about 306 mg.
Like the previous blend, that’s just an okay dose. However, what really impresses me about this 2nd blend, is that its 4 ingredients are all premium and branded. It works by stimulating two nitric oxide pathways which, in theory, should be a more effective way of enhancing blood flow. Plus, it also has two nootropics to help you focus more on your lifts rather than the thicc chick doing her squats. Those plump cheeks can wait ’til after your workout, bro. Remember: weights before dates.
P6 Original VS P6 Ultimate Summary
- 1 proprietary blend for all 7 ingredients
- Okay dosages; impressive forms
- Optimizes hormonal levels for more testosterone while also supporting sexual and physical health
- $89.99 per bottle (120 capsules) on the official Cellucor website; $99.99 on GNC
- 2 proprietary blends; the first one is pretty much P6 Original with a slightly bigger dosage
- 3333 IU vitamin D helps boost testosterone production
- Theoretically enhances blood flow more efficiently while also sharpening focus
- $159.99 per bottle (150 capsules) on the official Cellucor website and on GNC
Conclusion: Which is Better?
The clear winner here is P6 Ultimate because it’s basically P6 Original with the added benefits of improved blood flow and focus. Also, it has a better handle on testosterone thanks to its vitamin D. However, it’s also quite a bit more expensive at nearly $160. That being said, if you’re willing to spend money on Cellucor’s “most anabolic testosterone and cognitive formula”, by all means do.
On the contrary, P6 Original, in my opinion, is kind of like its dosages when it comes to being a supplement for male health – it isn’t too impressive but it’s not bad either. P6 Original is pretty much an average testosterone booster and the blueprint for all of the brand’s other test supplements. So, if you’re just getting your feet wet in T boosters, I think this is a good place to start.