Quick Take: The P6 Original formula is the basis for all other P6 testosterone boosters. Basically, it’s a well-rounded proprietary formula with natural ingredients capable of boosting “free” testosterone, libido, and muscle growth. In all honesty though, it’s not the strongest P6 supplement out there but if you wanted to try out this line of testosterone boosters, this P6 Original review is a good place to start.
- P6 Original is a product of Cellucor. It’s advertised as an “advanced anabolic testosterone booster”.
- Essentially, P6 Original is the blue print for all other P6 testosterone boosters.
- The P6 Original formula is essentially a single proprietary blend of 7 ingredients sharing a total dosage of 1050 mg
- Has solid, multi-tasking testosterone boosters such as Ashwagandha, Fenugreek, and Tongkat Ali that make this well-rounded formula possible
- Also has promising but under-researched ingredients such as Ovine Placenta, Agaricus Bisporus, and DIM
- Prices vary depending on where you buy P6 Original. As of today, you can get a 180 capsule bottle on Amazon for the same price you would get a 120 capsule bottle on GNC. It’s also sold on eBay.
P6 Original Ingredients
|P6® Testosterone and Performance Blend||1050 mg|
|KSM-66® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root extract Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) seed extract, Ovine Placenta powder, Agaricus bisporus fruit extract, Stinging Nettle root extract, LJ100® Eurycoma longifolia root extract, 3,3′-Diindolylmethane|
P6 Original – Ingredients Review
Ashwagandha (KSM-66®) – As an adaptogen, Ashwagandha is capable of combatting oxidative stress (cortisol) while also boosting muscle strength. Specifically for KSM-66® though, research shows that this popular brand is an effective testosterone booster.
Fenugreek – This herb can inhibit the aromatase and 5-alpha-reductase enzymes. This results in lower levels estrogen and DHT as well as higher levels of testosterone. Furthermore, it’s also a natural libido and physical performance enhancer.
Ovine Placenta powder – Ground up sheep placenta is what this is. When it comes to boosting testosterone, research on this is weak but by boosting LH, it could theoretically do so.
Agaricus bisporus – According to research, this edible mushroom contains compounds that can inhibit aromatase activity. Theoretically, this can lead to lower levels of estrogen. However, science has yet to observe its effects on humans.
Stinging Nettle – This spikey plant can boost “free” testosterone in a number of different ways. Specifically, it can lower estrogen and DHT while also neutralizing the T-binding activities of SHBG.
Eurycoma longifolia (LJ100®) – Otherwise known as Tongkat Ali, this herb is a traditional libido enhancer. Furthermore, there’s a research showing it capable of optimizing the ratio between testosterone and cortisol. This could potentially mean that it’s beneficial for bodybuilding.
3,3′-Diindolylmethane – Vegans, listen up. You can find this compound in cruciferous vegetables. It can lower estrogen by inhibiting the aromatase enzyme but research is mostly done on women.
P6 Original Directions
Each serving of P6 Original consists of just 2 capsules and as instructed by Cellucor, men are to simply take 2 capsules (with or without food) in the morning and another serving at night for a total of 4 capsules.
Honestly, I’m lost at all of Cellucor’s P6 line of testosterone boosters. There’s just so many of them and although they all aim to boost testosterone, they each have their own secondary benefits that help you get the best bodybuilding experience. That said, here’s a list of other P6 testosterone boosters and what they’re being advertised for:
- Ultimate – The most anabolic testosterone and cognitive formula
- Extreme Pump – Nitric oxide amplifying testosterone booster
- Red – Ergogenic testosterone booster
- Ripped – Thermogenic testosterone booster and cutting formula
- Chrome – Testosterone support
You see, each P6 T booster is designed for a specific purpose other than testosterone boosting. However, regardless of what they’re being made for, their formulas are based off of this original P6 blend.
It has multi-tasking ingredients such as KSM-66® (Ashwagandha), Fenugreek, and LJ100® who’re not only great for boosting “free” testosterone, but also for sex and growing muscle. There’s also Stinging Nettle who adds even more “free” testosterone boosts.
However, P6 Original (and basically the rest of the Cellucor P6 line of testosterone boosters) also has a few ingredients that aren’t as reliable. Furthermore, the nature of prop blends entails that we don’t get to see the individual dosages.
P6 Original Benefits: Does it Work?
P6 Original can work but the way I see it, it’s not too weak and not too powerful either. It’s pretty much your average strength testosterone booster and I have two reasons for saying this:
- Fenugreek, Tongkat Ali, and Ashwagandha are solid testosterone boosters but P6 Original has others that aren’t as well-backed by research.
- P6 original has great quality ingredients. However, its total dosage is weak.
P6 Original Review Summary
- Well-rounded – If everything works, men should experience a boost in “free” test, sex drive, and muscle growth.
- KSM-66, LJ100, and Fenugreek – Effective and multi-tasking herbs that basically power P6 Original
- Safe and natural – None of the ingredients here are synthetic. The customer reviews I’ve read aren’t complaining of any major side effects either.
- Proprietary – This has to be the WORST thing about P6 Original and the other P6 supplements
- Dosage – 1050 mg for 7 ingredients just doesn’t look very solid.
- Subpar – This is the most basic out of all the P6 testosterone boosters.
The Bottom Line
P6 Original is THE fundamental formula for all other P6 products. It’s not the best testosterone booster in the market nor is it the most powerful stack under Cellucor. However, it’s still a well-rounded formula that supports multiple facets of male health.