Quick Take: The word “ergogenic” means anything that’s meant to enhance physical performance. That said, this review will show you why P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster is exactly what its name suggests – a stack that uses testosterone boosting supplements to help you build muscle. In typical P6 fashion, it’s basically a proprietary blend of mostly herbal extracts that all contribute to giving your body a more anabolic profile. Check it out.
- A product of Cellucor, P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster is also listed as P6 Red on their website
- In typical P6 fashion, this one is also a proprietary blend of potent herbal extracts
- Includes trademarked Ashwagandha (Adaptest™) as its primary ingredient
- Also uses Tribulus Alatus, the lesser known cousin of Tribulus Terrestris that contains more T boosting promise
- Regulates other hormones in favor of more “free” testosterone resulting in a more anabolic metabolism
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including the Cellucor website, Amazon, and GNC.
P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster Ingredients
|P6 Extreme™ Blend||1114 mg|
|Adaptest™ Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root extract, Ovine Placenta Powder, Agaricus bisporus fruit extract, Saw Palmetto fruit extract, Wild Yam root extract (standardized for Diosgenin), Stinging Nettle root extract, Myrica rubra bark extract (standardized for Myricetin), Clary Sage whole plant extract (standardized for Sclareolide)|
|Tribulus alatus fruit extract||250 mg|
P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
P6 Extreme™ Blend
- Adaptest™ – Cellucor’s trademarked version of Ashwagandha which, as a natural adaptogen, helps the body adapt to stress while also boosting testosterone and muscle strength
- Ovine Placenta – Sheep placenta is what it is. Gross, I know, but it’s reportedly linked with cell growth. No solid research yet as of the moment though.
- Agaricus bisporus (White Button Mushroom) – It has seen very little research but for it’s worth, there are test-tube studies showing that it can inhibit the aromatization of testosterone and therefore, lower levels of estrogen.
- Saw Palmetto – Can inhibit the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme which is responsible for converting testosterone into DHT. This also makes it a viable treatment option for prostate issues related with excess levels of DHT.
- Wild Yam – A plant that contains the testosterone precursor DHEA which supposedly increases growth hormones and thereby bolstering muscle growth. Supplementing with Wild Yam, however, is not the same as supplementing with DHEA as only the latter seems to be effective.
- Stinging Nettle – Lowers levels of estrogen and DHT as well as preventing testosterone from binding to the notorious T-killer SHBG
Myrica rubra – Otherwise known as Chinese Bayberry, research on this plant suggests that it contains antioxidants that may protect our cells from free radicals (oxidative stress)
- Clary Sage – This plant has anti-estrogenic benefits as well as phytoestrogens that mimic the effects of estrogen. Ironic, huh? Furthermore, this also helps lower cortisol levels but research on this plant seems to be generally for women.
Tribulus alatus – Compared to its more popular cousin Tribulus Terrestris, this actually seems more effective at boosting testosterone. It also has the same benefits on libido.
P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster Directions
Each serving of P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster consists of 2 capsules and as instructed by Cellucor, men are to take 1 serving in the morning and another one in the evening before sleeping for a total of 4 capsules (2 servings) per day.
P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster, or P6 Red as Cellucor lists it, doesn’t simply boost testosterone for the sake of boosting it. Rather, what its ingredients tell me is that it uses boosted test as a way to also help you grow bigger muscles.
Let me explain.
P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster tips off its P6 Extreme™ Blend with a trademarked brand of Ashwagandha. Along with Myrica rubra’s antioxdants and Clary Sage’s effects on cortisol, these can help keep your testosterone levels elevated after intense physical activity (i.e., bodybuilding) by protecting your body against the T-depleting effects of stress.
Furthermore, P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster (P6 Red) also has herbs that prevent testosterone from converting into estrogen and DHT as well blocking the bind between test and SHBG. The result is more “free” or bioavailable testosterone that can attach to your muscles’ receptor sites, enabling it to better synthesize protein and therefore, grow.
These effects, combined with the potential T boosts from Tribulus Alatus and the performance enhancements from Ashwagandha, is why I think P6 Red uses testosterone as an ergogenic aid towards building a more muscular physique.
Does it Work?
Yes, P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster works. However, it’s hard to gauge just how effective this can truly be because of the proprietary nature of this supplement. Unfortunately, this kind of dosage secrecy is typical of Cellucor’s line of P6 products. For comparison purposes, check out a few other P6 supplements below. They’re all proprietary blends that don’t show the individual dosages of their ingredients.
On a brighter note, P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster does have potent herbal extracts and taken twice per day, the total dosage does seem adequate to supply all of its ingredients. Overall, I think P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster works best for active males looking to build more muscle. If you want pure and powerful testosterone boosting, you might want to check elsewhere (like, here).
- Anabolic – It may not be as powerful as the elites of the industry strictly in terms of testosterone boosting but it helps you build more muscle.
- Herbal extracts – Top-quality ingredients also seems to be a staple of Cellucor
- Cellucor – Despite the proprietary nature of their formulas, Cellucor IS a reputable company that sells a lot of great bodybuilding supplements
- Safe – These natural ingredients shouldn’t give you any major side effects. The customer reviews I’ve read don’t seem to report any, too.
- Proprietary – This has to be the worst thing about the entire P6 line of test boosters
- Expensive – Prices range from $89.99 up to $99.99 for 120 capsules and shipping fees may differ but wherever you buy P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster, it’s always so damn pricey
- Questionable ingredients – Wild Yam and Ovine Placenta have potential for boosting growth hormone but until science proves it to be 100% true, I say they’re unreliable
The Bottom Line
Building a better body isn’t just about regular exercise and proper nutrition. Even if you’ve done an excellent job at constantly maintaining both, if your hormones are out of whack, you can still find yourself in the dreaded fitness plateau. To help you climb even higher towards your physique and health goals, P6 Ergogenic Testosterone Booster is here to help by optimizing the hormones involved in creating an anabolic profile suited for muscle growth. That is, if you have the cash to buy yourself a bottle.