Quick Take: P6 Chrome comes in a simple formula that gets the job done. In this review, I’ll point out how, despite its simplicity, the three direct T-Boosting ingredient extracts along with the indirect T-boosting estrogen blockers Agaricus Bisporus and DIM make this a no-nonsense formula that is well worth your while.
- Along with several other testosterone boosters, P6 Chrome is under Cellucor’s P6 line of supplements
- Formula structure is basically a proprietary blend of 5 potent herbal extracts sharing a total dosage of 1445 mg
- It specifically supports testosterone via a 2-pronged strategy focused on boosting testosterone and blocking estrogen
- Ashwagandha, Tribulus Alatus and Fenugreek are in-charge of the direct testosterone boosts
- DIM and Agaricus Bisporus indirectly support testosterone by theoretically keeping estrogen in check
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including big markets Amazon and GNC
P6 Chrome Ingredients
|P6 Chrome™ Blend||1,445 mg|
|Adaptest™ Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) Root Extract, Tribulus Alatus Fruit Extract, Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenum-graecum) Seed Extract, Agaricus Bisporus Fruit Extract, 3,3’-Diindolylmethane|
P6 Chrome – Ingredients Review
Adaptest™ – Cellucor uses this trademarked brand of Ashwagandha for a good majority of its P6 testosterone boosters and it looks like it has premium pedigree. The herb itself is adaptogenic which means it’s capable of battling stress (cortisol). More than that though, research shows that it’s capable of boosting testosterone, muscle mass, and strength.
Tribulus Alatus – This herb is the cousin of the more popular Tribulus Terrestris and both herbs are great for boosting libido. However, being the lesser known variant of the two, Tribulus Alatus surprisingly looks like it holds more testosterone boosting promise.
Fenugreek – Supports “free” testosterone by inhibiting the aromatase and 5-alpha-reductase enzymes. Furthermore, research shows that it improves recovery post-exercise. More than all these benefits though, Fenugreek is still better known for its ability to ramp up sex drive.
Agaricus Bisporus – There hasn’t been much research surrounding this species of mushroom but it does have compounds that can inhibit aromatase activity. Theoretically, this makes it pro-testosterone because it might be capable of lowering estrogen.
3,3’-Diindolylmethane – Much like the compounds in Agaricus Bisporus, DIM is capable of lowering estrogen via aromatase inhibition. In reality, however, DIM is mostly used as a women’s menopausal supplement.
More testosterone = more estrogen?
It’s true. There’s a chemical in adipose tissue known as aromatase that converts testosterone to estrogen, which means that the more testosterone you have, the more likely you are to have increased estrogen production. One of the great things about P6 Chrome is that the Agaricus bisporus in particular (and the DIM maybe) inhibit the aromatase, keeping those levels where you want them.
P6 Chrome Directions
Each serving of P6 Chrome consists of 2 capsules. As instructed by Cellucor, simply take 1 serving (2 capsules) daily. DO NOT EXCEED THAT AMOUNT.
Even though you don’t know the amount of each ingredient that you’re getting because Cellucor has kept the P6 Chrome blend proprietary, I’m still relatively happy with what I see in this Test Booster, estrogen blocking composition.
Each of the testosterone enhancing, all-natural herbal ingredients in this supplement comes in extract form. This quality makes me happy but I would’ve been happier if they were in standardized form.
Nonetheless, the Ashwaganda, Fenugreek and Tribulus alatus are all bona fide additions to any T booster formula. Collectively, they’re capable of boosting “free” testosterone as well as supporting sex drive and physical health (i.e., muscle strength and mass).
As far as the estrogen blocking goes, P6 Chrome looks promising but not necessarily full-proof. You see, both Agaricus Bisporus and DIM need further scientific exploration when it comes to how they benefit men.
To be fair, I do think both of them have a decent chance of working given that they both get adequate dosages. The problem, however, is that I don’t know if any of these supplements are getting enough milligrams because, again, P6 Chrome is proprietary.
P6 Chrome Benefits: Does it Work?
It’s not among the most hardcore testosterone supplements out there but I do think P6 Chrome stands up well to criticism. As far as customer reviews go, it has quite a few that backs its efficacy. Also, it seems well-tolerated with just a few reports of minor side effects.
In my opinion, P6 Chrome starts out on the right track with a concise 5-ingredient formula, all of which appear to influence testosterone levels in some way. The odds of it working get even BETTER when you see that P6 Chrome has some quality points, including that sexy branded Ashwagandha.
Finally, the 1-2 combo of boosting T and reducing estrogen shows a sophistication of formula design that makes me more confident that this product is designed to be effective.
Overall, I expect that P6 Chrome works for:
- Mild-to-moderate testosterone boosts
- Physical performance boosts & muscle support
- Anabolic growth from test & fenugreek (as long as you’re actively bodybuilding)
- Anti-stress support, both physical & mental
- Sex drive enhancements
P6 Original Review Summary
- 5 T-boosting herbs – I like that for a change this test-booster focuses on 1 thing: Testosterone
- 2x pathway strategy – The 5 botanicals work by both increasing test and reducing estrogen
- Easy to find – P6 Chrome is a popular T-booster from popular brand, so you can get it at Amazon, GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc.
- Affordable – At just $39.99 for a bottle of 60 capsules, it’s the cheapest P6 product.
- Proprietary – I like knowing exactly how much I’m taking and P6 Chrome just doesn’t allow that
- Unreliable E-Blocking – DIM and Agaricus Bisporus are both promising but they lack solid scientific evidence
- No standardized forms – extracts are a step in the right direction, but standardized forms would be even better for high-potency T-boosting activity
The Bottom Line
Overall, I like the majority of what I see in this formula. There’s certainly room for improvement but, to me, P6 Chrome delivers a smart, 2-pronged, man-enhancing strategy that boosts testosterone while also possible lowering estrogen. Overall, I think P6 Chrome is worth a try.