Quick Take: Natures Plus has made another testosterone booster other than Ultra T Male. However, puny dosages undercut the effectiveness of both supplements. That being said, Ultra T Male does have a few upgrades from its feeble predecessor. The question now is: do these upgrades make Ultra T Male significantly better? Find out in the review below.
- One of Natures Plus testosterone boosters for men along with T Male™.
- Advertised to “help nutritionally maximize healthy production of revitalizing testosterone, immediately and throughout the day or night”
- Bi-Layered Tablets for stable nutrient release and extended effectiveness
- Heavy on the antioxidants, not on the dosage
- Zinc, Boron, and Fenugreek are basically the only reliable testosterone boosters in this product but there are others that may contribute
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon, iHerb, eVitamins, Lucky Vitamin, Walmart, Vitacost, and the official Nature’s Plus website.
NOTE: Shipping fees and retail prices may be different across each shop. To save your money, make sure to check them all out first.
Natures Plus Ultra T Male Ingredients
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||120 mg|
|Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate)||30 IU|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)||2 mg|
|Calcium (as calcium citrate)||11 mg|
|Magnesium (as magnesium aspartate)||80 mg|
|Zinc (as zinc aspartate)||30 mg|
|Selenium (as sodium selenite)||35 mcg|
|FuranoMax™ Fenugreek extract||400 mg|
|(proprietary source of fenugreek furans, stanols and furastanols from whole Trigonella feonum-graecum seed)|
|Grape (Vitis vinifera) and Apple (Malus pumilia) extracts (supplying approx. 95% [258 mg] polyphenols)|
|T MALE Proprietary Nutrient Blend||200 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris (100 mg), Turmeric (Curcuma longa rhizome) (standardized curcuminoids), Ginseng (Panax root), Garlic extract, Glycine proprionyl-L-carnitine, Rhodiola rosea extract, L-Histidine, L-Phenylalanine
|GlucodOX™ AMP Activated Protein Kinase Hormone Booster – Guggul (Commiphora mukul extract)||100 mg|
|Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) (standardized extract)||100 mg|
|Boron (as citrate)||5.5 mg|
Natures Plus Ultra T Male – Ingredients Review
Vitamin C – Because we humans are unable to make our own Vitamin C, this vitamin is considered essential to our diets. It is perhaps the most popularly bought and taken antioxidant we have today.
Vitamin E – Technically, “Vitamin E” is a family of compounds with distinctive antioxidant properties. Furthermore, the alpha tocopheryl form of Vitamin E here on Ultra T Male is the also the only form capable of meeting human requirements (per National Institutes of Health).
Vitamin B6 – Animal research shows that a B6 deficient diet can lead to lower levels of testosterone.
Calcium – Can further augment the testosterone boosts that happens during exercise. Per research, this is “useful for increasing overall athletic performance”.
Magnesium – Of Magnesium’s 300+ enzymatic involvements, one of which involves boosting “free” testosterone. Specifically, it weakens the bond between T and SHBG. Plus, it also helps with sleep which is great for muscle recovery.
Zinc – Directly involved in testosterone synthesis. Moreover, there’s a study that says Zinc supplementation can prevent the T drop that happens after exercise which, according to the researchers, may benefit performance.
Selenium – There’s very little research regarding the link between Selenium and testosterone. However, it still is pretty manly with its benefits on sperm and fertility.
FuranoMax™ – Ultra T Male’s trademarked version of Fenugreek, this herb can boost libido, GHT (growth hormone), muscle strength and stamina, and testosterone. Furthermore, it also helps decrease estrogen and DHT.
ViNitrox™ is a blend of polyphenols extracted from Apples and Grapes. Nature’s Plus claims that these polyphenols are “extremely important against the peroxynitrite free radical, which reduces testosterone levels”.True enough, these peroxynitrites cause oxidative stress to cells which causes damage and even cellular death. More than just killing testosterone, this is also what causes several diseases such as stroke, diabetes, heart failures and several others. As such, researchers say that “removing peroxynitrite might represent powerful therapeutic tools”.That being said, polyphenols hold plenty of promise when it comes to improving general health. However, there’s also a research that shows polyphenols inhibiting the production of testosterone. So, these compounds may be healthy but they might not necessarily be good for T despite the claims of Natures Plus.
T Male Proprietary Nutrient Blend
- Tribulus Terrestris – Out of all the ingredients in this prop blend, this is only one with a visible dosage (100 mg). Tribulus is great for natural sexual enhancement. Unfortunately, it only works as a testosterone booster for aging men.
- Turmeric – This rhizome’s curcuminoids are antioxidants that help support cellular health. Furthermore, these same compounds might also have T boosting benefits but honestly, the research has yet to catch up.
- Ginseng – Known for their anti-stress and energy boosting benefits, Ginsengs are probably one of the more popular herbs for male health. Panax Ginseng, to be more specific, also looks pretty good for libido.
- Garlic – Like Turmeric, this spice has testosterone boosting potential. Similarly, there isn’t much research to support this either.
- Glycine proprionyl-L-carnitine (GPLC) – Can enhance circulation while also providing antioxidant support.
- Rhodiola rosea – Compared to other adaptogens who raise testosterone while lowering the stress hormone cortisol, Rhodiola Rosea instead maintains these hormones as if you were never even stressed at all.
- L-Histidine – Semi-essential amino acid that’s required for growth and tissue repair. It also has anti-oxidant properties.
- L-Phenylalanine – Another amino acid with anti-oxidant properties but this one is also a precursor to another amino acid known as Tyrosine. Furthermore, Tyrosine is involved in the production of dopamine – a neurotransmitter that can signal a chain reaction that ultimately ends in testosterone production.
GlucodOX™ AMP Activated Protein Kinase Hormone Booster – Long ass name but basically, this is Guggul – a tree resin used in ancient ayurveda. This ingredient stimulates and activates AMP activated protein kinase (AMPK) to support energy levels throughout the body. Moreover, one research says that “AMPK could improve androgen (testosterone) production by adrenal cells“.
Tongkat Ali – Great for libido but can also be trusted to boost testosterone and lower cortisol.
Boron – Boosts androgens (i.e., testosterone and DHT) while blocking T killers estrogen and SHBG.
Natures Plus Ultra T Male Directions
Each serving of Natures Plus Ultra T Male consists of 2 Bi-Layered Tablets – nope, not capsules. Per instructions, simply take 2 tabs daily.
Let’s start with Natures Plus Ultra T Male’s vitamins and minerals. When it comes to boosting testosterone, this stack has ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin B6), Calcium, and Boron. Among these nutrients, however, the only ones that make me happy are Zinc and Boron. Why? Because the rest are underdosed. As such, they’re unlikely to work and if they do, they won’t do much anyway.
Moving on to the non-testosterone boosting nutrients, Natures Plus Ultra T Male has Selenium,Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. Selenium adds fertility (sperm) benefits but overall, these nutrients are antioxidants that help protect our cells from oxidative damage.
Honestly, the rest of the Natures Plus Ultra T Male formula isn’t much different – a few testosterone boosters, A LOT of antioxidants, and puny dosages.
Specifically for added testosterone support, this formula also has a good load of Fenugreek (400 mg) which I’m confident in. I believe Tongkat Ali and Tribulus can be added to the list, too, but at 100 mg each, they can’t provide their maximum effectiveness. On that note, the T Male Proprietary Nutrient Blend supposedly has other T boosters but the puny total dosage essentially saps them of their powers.
Moreover, Guggul and the polyphenols also have testosterone boosting potential but because of their exotic nature (guggul) and conflicting research (polyphenols), I personally don’t trust them too much. However, if they do work, they give Natures Plus Ultra T Male a unique testosterone boosting angle that not many other supplements have.
Natures Plus Ultra T Male Benefits: Does it Work?
I’m going to be totally honest here.
I think Natures Plus Ultra T Male works but I’m not sure to what extent.
It works because Zinc, Boron, and Fenugreek works. These are solid testosterone boosters with solid dosages. Moreover, Tongkat Ali might add a bit more T boosts albeit to a minimal degree. If you’re older, Tribulus can work for you, too, but again, only slightly because of the low dose.
The part I’m unsure of though are the polyphenols and Guggul. Let’s consider these X-factors that may/may not work.
Overall, I believe older men are the ones who can take full advantage of this stack’s antioxidant function and moderate T support.
Natures Plus Ultra T Male Review Summary
- Bi Layer Tablets – In theory, this extends the effectiveness of the formula.
- Zinc, Boron, Fenugreek – If Natures Plus Ultra T Male boosts testosterone, it’s because of these three.
- Innovative? – I personally haven’t seen too many testosterone products use a bunch of the ingredients found here. They might not work but, hey, nice try.
- No side effects – None of the ingredients here look dangerous. Plus, I haven’t read any reports of scary side effects.
- Antioxidants – We live in a world of stressors and regardless if they boost testosterone or not, antioxidants help us fight stress.
- T Male Proprietary Nutrient Blend – First of all, it’s a prop blend. Second of all, it’s UNDER DOSED.
- Weak dosage – Speaking of under dosed, that seems to be a recurring theme here in Natures Plus Ultra T Male.
- Reputation – I’ve read a lot of customer reviews say that it doesn’t work. One Amazon review, in particular, says it’s a “giant pill of disappointment”.
The Bottom Line
It’s clear to me that Natures Plus Ultra T Male is NOT one of the best testosterone supplements in the market this 2018. Based on the customer reviews, I’m apparently not the only one who thinks so. To be fair, this does have a few great ingredients and a unique approach towards testosterone boosting. Until they improve their dosages though, this is frankly unimpressive.