Quick Take: I think we can all agree that Barracuda’s are one of the scarier kinds of fish because of their large size and ferocious behaviors. While these characteristics may be freaky when we’re talking about fish, they’re also the same characteristics that make men, well… manlier. By taking MTS Nutrition Barracuda, larger muscles and a ferocious appetite for sex may just be what you’ll get. Let’s get to the review.
- Barracuda is a product of MTS Nutrition – a company that, according to them, “assures its customer that they are receiving the most advanced and adequately dosed ingredients with NO proprietary blends”. This is great news.
- True to their word, the ingredients in MTS Nutrition Barracuda does come with massive dosages, potent qualities, and all in full disclosure.
- Two of the heaviest dosed ingredients are DAA and LCLT at 3 grams each
- Comes in powder form which is atypical of what you’ll often get with most testosterone boosters. Flavors comes in either mango or blue raspberry.
- Advertised to be a natural testosterone and libido enhancer but it also looks to have benefits for bodybuilding
- According to the MTS Nutrition website, Barracuda is available to buy online on Amazon and Tiger Fitness (GNC not included in the list). If you don’t fancy ordering online, MTS Nutrition has a cool feature on their website where they locate the top 10 nearest stores near you.
MTS Nutrition Barracuda Ingredients
|D-Aspartic Acid||3 g|
|L-Carnitine L-Tartrate||3 g|
|Macapure™ maca extract (Lepidium Meyenii) (tuber) (std. min. 0.6% macamides and macaenes)||300 mg|
|Safed Musli Extract (std. min. 50% Saponins) (root)||250 mg|
|Eurycoma longifolia extract (4:1) (root)||200 mg|
|TestoSurge™ (fenugreek extract std. min. 80% grecunin) (seed)||200 mg|
|Black pepper extract (std. min. 98% piperine) (fruit)||5 mg|
MTS Nutrition Barracuda’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
D-Aspartic Acid – Study shows that it’s capable of boosting testosterone by 42% in as little as 12 days. If that’s not powerful, I don’t know what is. Making it even better, MTS Nutrition Barracuda supplies it in a heavy 3 g dose.
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate – By influencing the transport of fatty acids into the mitochondria to help facilitate ATP production, Carnitine by itself is already a pretty good stamina booster and fat burner. When combined with tartaric acid as L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (LCLT) though, it gets even better, especially at this huge 3 g dosage.
How LCLT is better than regular Carnitine
According to a study on the effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation on hormonal responses to resistance exercise and recovery, supplementing with “LCLT reduced the amount of exercise-induced muscle tissue damage.” Now, what does this even mean?
To explain this, let me quote another line from the study. As stated by the researchers, “with more undamaged tissue, a greater number of intact receptors would be available for hormonal interactions.” This, therefore, not only means that LCLT supplements help our muscles recover and grow a lot faster but also leaves more receptors to interact with testosterone.
Macapure™ – As a trademarked version of Maca standardized to at least 0.6% macamides and macaenes, this surely is a potent herb. This potency, however, doesn’t necessarily translate to boosts in testosterone. Even without test boosts though, Maca is still capable of enhancing libido and stamina.
Safed Musli – Traditionally used in Indian Ayurveda as a natural libido booster. It’s not clear whether it boosts testosterone though but this standard of 50% saponins is some good sh*t.
Eurycoma longifolia – So it’s easier for you to remember, this plant is more commonly known as Tongkat Ali – an herb legendary for its benefits on libido that research suggests is also capable of boosting “free” testosterone as well as optimizing cortisol to testosterone ratio for potential anabolic muscle growth. 4:1 concentrate is pretty potent in its own right but could still use some improvement.
TestoSurge™ – A branded form of an herb (Fenugreek) that’s also capable of boosting “free” testosterone by preventing its conversion into estrogen and DHT. Furthermore, Fenugreek is also quite the decent performance and sexual enhancer.
Black pepper – Standardized to a minimum 98% piperine, this black pepper extract inside the MTS Nutrition Barracuda formula doesn’t have any libido, strength, or testosterone boosting properties. However, it makes the entire stack better absorbed by our bodies by increasing nutrient bioavailability.
MTS Nutrition Barracuda Directions
Each serving of MTS Nutrition Barracuda consists of 1 scoop (7.1 g) of this flavored supplement. As instructed, a single scoop is to be mixed with 6-8 ounces of water either with your first meal or as a PWO 30-45 minutes prior to exercising. MTS Nutrition also suggests cycling Barracuda on 4-weeks-on and 4-weeks-off schedule.
First of all, this is a powdered testosterone booster. Let that sink in for a while.
Being supplied in powder already makes MTS Nutrition Barracuda one of the more unique products in a testosterone boosting industry riddled with capsules and, you know what makes powders cooler than capsules? Flavor – and MTS Nutrition Barracuda has two in mango and blue raspberry. Some of the customer reviews I’ve read don’t seem all that satisfied with the flavor though, so, uhh, this might not actually be such a good thing after all.
Thankfully though, as bad as the flavor might seem to be, the formula does look quite good. With two ingredients dosed a heavy 3 g each, it’s clear to me that the cornerstones of MTS Nutrition Barracuda are DAA and LCLT. With these two alone, the test boosts and muscle gains seem like a given. MTS Nutrition Barracuda isn’t done yet though and the way I see it, the rest of the ingredients build on the powerful boosts of these two.
Although not nearly as powerful as DAA, Tongkat Ali and Fenugreek are decent testosterone boosters themselves but instead of boosting total test like DAA, they boost “free” testosterone. This, in turn, makes LCLT’s benefit of increasing hormone receptors and muscle growth and recovery that much more effective.
Testosterone boosts and bodybuilding aside though, Tongkat Ali and Fenugreek are primarily libido boosters along with Maca and Safed Musli. With this, I think MTS Nutrition Barracuda has accomplished its claim of boosting testosterone and libido, as well as adding a synergistic touch of muscle growth. Great job, MTS Nutrition Barracuda!
Does it Work?
It does. DAA and LCLT alone have you covered. Of course, the best testosterone boosters don’t limit themselves to a 2-ingredient formula and so they added 5 more. They may not be as powerful as the primary stars but they’re still largely essential to MTS Nutrition Barracuda’s overall strength.
For the dude looking to take their bodybuilding experience up a notch, I suggest you consider this supplement as one of your better choices. That is, if you can stomach the notoriously weird mango flavor.
- Dosage – A whopping total dosage of 7.1 grams. Most supplements using capsules don’t even come close to that.
- Powerful amino acids – DAA and LCLT. Need I say more?
- Potent plant extracts – Standards, concentrates, brands, and trademarks everywhere.
- Synergistic – DAA and LCLT + Fenugreek and Tongkat Ali = a synergy that enhances an anabolic and testosterone fueled muscle growth
- MTS Nutrition – They delivered their company promise. Kudos.
- Side effects – It doesn’t seem to happen a lot though but based on the customer reviews I’ve read, some are getting diarrhea a few minutes into taking MTS Nutrition Barracuda. Oh, and Fenugreek might make you smell like maple syrup.
- Additives – All these artificial flavorings are probably what’re causing these messy trips to the toilet in men with sensitive bellies
- Bad taste – I personally haven’t tasted it but there are a few complaints.
The Bottom Line
It may not be the most popular comparison but the way I see it, the manliest of men are the barracuda’s outside the marine kingdom. Just like this ferocious fish, these men are huge, scary looking, and oozing with testosterone. Unfortunately though, not all of us know how to channel our inner predators. With the help of MTS Nutrition Barracuda though, we might just be able to.