Quick Take: HyperTest XTR is a bodybuilding supplement that helps you build muscle with powerful boosts in both total and “free” testosterone. It also helps speed up the recovery process by rocking you to sleep and lowering oxidative stress. All these benefits come together in synergy which makes it even more impressive. Let’s get to the review and discuss the details.
- A product of Axis Labs, HyperTest XTR is advertised to be a “hypertrophic testosterone complex”
- Uses 6 capsules to make sure all of its 8 ingredients get the appropriate dosage
- Speaking of dosage, DAA gets a heavy, clinically-proven dose of 3,120 mg
- Also has ZMA. Individual forms could be better though.
- Synergistically designed to support anabolic muscle growth for bodybuilding
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon, eVitamins, and the Axis Labs website. However, I couldn’t find it on GNC.
HyperTest XTR Ingredients
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||10.5 mg|
|Magnesium (As Magnesium Aspartate)||450 mg|
|Zinc (From Zinc L-Methionine and Zinc Aspartate)||30 mg|
|D-Aspartic Acid||3,120 mg|
|Free-T Activator||560 mg|
|400:1 Eurycoma Longifolia (extract)||200 mg|
|Urtica Dioica (97% Nettle)||360 mg|
|Ashwagandha Root||300 mg|
HyperTest XTR’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin B6 – Animal research suggests that B6 depletion may lead to lower levels of testosterone. Pyridoxine HCl isn’t this vitamin’s best form though but 10.5 mg is a solid dose.
Magnesium – As a testosterone booster, Magnesium alters the affinity between T and SHBG. This results in more bioactive testosterone. Plus, it also protects our muscles from oxidative stress. Aspartate isn’t this mineral’s best form though but the dosage is solid.
Zinc – In Hyper Test XTR, Zinc is given in two forms: Aspartate and L-Methionine. Although Citrate woud’ve been the better choice, L-Methionine in particular is also one of the better absorbed versions of Zinc. This mineral serves as a raw material in testosterone production and helps maintain high levels of T after exercise.
On their own, Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6 are pretty good for testosterone but together, they are legendary. They’re collectively known as ZMA and athletes have been using this stuff for years to help increase testosterone and muscle growth. Plus, it helps with sleep which makes it great for recovery.
- D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) – According to research, DAA is capable of boosting testosterone by as much as 42% in just 12 days. What’s so impressive about this is that here on HyperTest XTR, they use the same dosage used in the research.
- Eurycoma Longifolia (Tongkat Ali) – This herb contains eurypeptides that, according to research, may boost “free” testosterone by relieving it from its bond with SHBG. Plus, it can also lower cortisol. This 400:1 extract makes it 400x more powerful than regular Tongkat Ali, too.
- Urtica Dioica – Standardized for 97%, this is herb is pretty potent. Nettle lower SHBG, estrogen, and DHT on its way to boosting “free” testosterone.
- Ashwagandha – As an adaptogenic herb, Ashwagandha helps counter oxidative stress and thereby lowering cortisol. Furthermore, studies have also shown that Ashwagandha also boosts testosterone as well as muscle mass and strength.
HyperTest XTR Directions
Each serving of HyperTest XTR consists of 6 capsules and as instructed by Axis Labs, we are to take all these capsules prior to bedtime for a minimum of 8 weeks.
Starting with the vitamins and minerals, HyperTest XTR uses the ZMA trio of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B6. With HyperTest XTR’s focus on bodybuilding, this surely fits the bill. It not only supports high testosterone, it also helps with sleep and muscle recovery. However, the nutrients could’ve been given better forms. Regardless, the dosages look solid so I’ll let this pass.
Another thing I like about HyperTest XTR is its directions. Circling back to ZMA being a sleep-aid, taking it before bedtime makes sense. This supplement isn’t all about ZMA though as the rest of the ingredients on here are ALL effective testosterone boosters.
Perhaps the most powerful out of all these ingredients is DAA. With an efficient 42% boost in total testosterone, I personally think it’s the most direct, balls-out natural testosterone booster out on the market. AND! it’s given in a clinically-studied dose, too. Wonderful!
Total T won’t really do much help if it’s not bioactive though. Thankfully, the HyperTest XTR complex has extremely potent extracts of Tongkat Ali and Nettle. Plus, there’s a good dose of Ashwagandha. Collectively, they naturally lower SHBG, estrogen, cortisol, and DHT; thereby, boosting “free” testosterone. These effects clock your body’s internal environment for anabolism.
Does it Work?
Yes, HyperTest XTR works. ALL of its ingredients are given solid dosages, the herbs are extremely potent, and everything works in synergy to help you build your muscles.
Speaking of synergy, it all starts with DAA’s powerful boosts in total testosterone. This testosterone is then “freed” with Tongkat Ali and Stinging Nettle. Now, with Aswhagandha’s adaptogenic properties and ZMA putting you to sleep, your body can now use all this “free” testosterone to synthesize protein, grow your muscles, and bolster recovery.
- Non-proprietary – I like how HyperTest XTR shows all its dosages
- Synergistic – All the ingredients work together to promote anabolism
- Powerful – With clinically-dosed DAA, extremely potent Tongkat Ali and Nettle, Ashwagandha, and ZMA, HyperTest XTR packs a heavy testosterone boosting punch
- Quality – Generally, the quality of ingredients here on HyperTest XTR are great. However, ZMA and Ashwagandha could use some upgrades.
- 6 capsules – This gives Axis Labs more room to stuff more dosage but it’s also a bit of a hassle to swallow such numerous capsules
- Reviews – Specifically on Amazon, it’s not getting a lot of love from its customers. It’s rated just 2.9 out of 5 stars. I personally wouldn’t bother too much on customer reviews though.
The Bottom Line
HyperTest XTR is an impressive stack. Although I wouldn’t quite put it in the same league as the best testosterone supplements in the market, it’s probably just a couple of steps away. For men who’re looking for solid testosterone boosts to turbocharge their muscle growth, HyperTest XTR is a good choice.