Quick Take: Let me tell you a little secret. It doesn’t apply to all, but you know what I’ve noticed? When a nutritional supplement adds “black” to their name, it’s almost automatically a fat-burner to help you in your workouts. That sort of applies to HighT Black as well. This supplement recycles the original testosterone boosting prop blend from their HighT formula but adds a fat-burning, preworkout twist to it as well. In today’s review, you’ll be witnessing how an okay testosterone booster took the next step to making their formula better.
- HighT is actually the brand name itself developed by KingFisher Media. As I’ve already mentioned, HighT Black isn’t this brand’s first testosterone booster and I doubt it’ll be the last.
- Advertised on their website to be a hardcore formula that helps you “rebound faster after a hard day.”
- HighT Black has the exact same vitamins and minerals as HighT including the lowly dosed Zinc at just 1.5 mg.
- High T Black® Proprietary Blend is also almost exactly the same as the original prop blend except this one has the addition of Tribulus Terrestris and the separation of A-AKG into another, heavier dosed prop blend.
- This supplement also added Raspberry and Caffeine for that added twist of stimulants and fat-burning.
- High T Black is sold off their website at $70 but you can buy it cheaper at Amazon and GNC.
High T Black Ingredients
|Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl Cuccinate)||30 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCI)||8 mg|
|Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||48 mg|
|Zinc (as amino acid chelate)||1.5 mg|
|Razberi-K Metabolic Enhancer 4-(4Hydroxyphenyl) Butan-2-One Raspberry Ketones||200 mg|
|Caffeine Anhydrous||200 mg|
|High T Black® Proprietary Blend||900 mg|
|Testofen Fenugreek Extract 50% Fenusides|
|Trigonella Foenum Gracecum Extract 50% Saponins|
|Eurycoma Longifolia Extract 3% 4:1|
|Rhodiola Rosea Extract 3% Salidrosides|
|Tribulus Terrestris 40% Saponins|
|NO3X Nitric Oxide Booster||1800 mg|
|L-Arginine Monohydrate HC|
High T Black’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamins & Minerals
- Vitamin E – This isn’t a testosterone booster by any means but its anti-oxidant properties go well with HighT Black’s claim to benefit recovery.
- Vitamin B6 – Not at the best form (P-5-P is better) but still pretty good for testosterone considering that low levels of this B vitamin have been linked to low levels of test.
- Vitamin B12 – Not really a testosterone booster but it still is great for manly health by protecting testicular health and enhancing stamina by extracting energy from the food we take.
- Zinc – One of the manliest minerals for testosterone as it serves as an essential requirement for testosterone synthesis and release while also maintaining testosterone levels after a workout.
Razberi-K – Basically, this is a branded form of Raspberry ketones. According to this study, RK influences fat metabolism and increases norepinephrine which are both great for fat loss.
Caffeine Anhydrous – We all know what this is. In this nutritional supplement though, caffeine increases fat oxidation which essentially makes it an effective pre-workout/fat-burning supplement.
Eight weeks of supplementation with a multi-ingredient weight loss product enhances body composition, reduces hip and waist girth, and increases energy levels in overweight men and women
The purpose of this study was to study the safety and efficacy of METABO – a supplement that contained Raspberry Ketones and Caffeine, among others – in an 8-week weight loss program.The results of supplementing after 8 weeks are as follows:
- 2% drop in body weight
- 7.8% drop in fat
- 3.4% increase in lean mass
- 29.3% increase in energy
For more information on this study, click here.
High T Black® Proprietary Blend
- Fenugreek – Supplied here at two forms. First as the branded Testofen supplying 50% fenusides, and secondly as Fenugreek Extract standardized for 50% saponins. Overall, Fenugreek is a great men’s health herb by increasing natural “free” testosterone, aiding in muscle growth, and is a potent libido enhancer.
- Eurycoma Longifolia – Otherwise known as Tongkat Ali, this herb benefits bodybuilding enthusiasts by increasing testosterone and relieving stress. According to this research, this manly herb can increase T levels by 37% while also decreasing cortisol by 16%. For our non-lifting bros, Tongkat Ali still proves beneficial with potent libido boosts.
- Rhodiola Rosea – This is an adaptogenic herb and being an adaptogen, it helps maintain levels of testosterone after a heavy session at the gym while also protecting T from the test-depleting effects of stress. It also lowers estrogen levels.
- Tribulus Terrestris – Not really a testosterone booster but it still is great for masculine health by boosting libido.
NO3X Nitric Oxide Booster
- L-Arginine – To be more specific, A-AKG, A-KIC, and L-Arginine Monohydrate. These three are all different versions of L-Arginine which is an amino acid that plays a role in protein biosynthesis. This amino acid also enhances blood flow making it a common sight in pre-workout products while also aiding in stiffer erections.
High T Black Directions
Take 4 capsules (1 serving) per day with water. This product is best paired with vigorous exercise and a sensible diet. For maximum results, use High T Black for no less than 8 weeks and never go over 6 capsules in a 24-hour period.
Starting with the vitamins and minerals, High T Black doesn’t do anything different. It’s basically a copy of the original HighT formula. Which is good in a sense that these vitamins and minerals are great for this formula’s intended purposes. However, what’s bad is that they’re supplied in the same forms. Zinc and Vitamin B6 are legitimate testosterone boosters but they’re not the best versions of themselves and so are their dosages. I mean 1.5 mg for Zinc? Didn’t you learn from your past mistakes, High T Black? That sh*t is too low to do anything beneficial.
Next on our list, we have High T Black® Proprietary Blend. This formula (as with the original) hinges their testosterone boosting on two forms of Fenugreek. As a whole, this herb does have natural testosterone boosting potential that goes along with libido and performance boosts. HighT Black’s plan seems to be maximizing the potential of this plant by serving two different forms specializing in two different compounds.
Tongkat Ali is a great testosterone and libido enhancer as well but I’d like to see it at a more concentrated extract of 100:1 to maximize its effectiveness. Tribulus Terrestris seems to back the libido and performance enhancing prowess of the aforementioned herbs. Last on this blend’s ingredients, we have Rhodiola Rosea which is an adaptogenic herb that also influences testosterone by lowering estriadol. Maybe more importantly for this supplement’s purpose, the adaptogenic properties of maintaining testosterone after exercise benefits a lot of athletically-inclined dudes.
On to the last prop blend, we have L-Arginine in three different forms. This is one of the upgrades that HighT Black has. The original formula featured A-AKG in a 900 mg prop blend which essentially renders it useless considering that it needs at least 1000 mg to be effective. On NO3X Nitric Oxide Booster, though? Arginine is highly prioritized and given a heavy dose 1800 mg! This’ll get your blood pumping like crazy, hence resulting in more powerful lifts at the gym. In the bedroom, the enhanced circulation will stiffen your Willy for a more stifling sex.
The other additions to this formula are Caffeine and Raspberry. Combined, these two will get you lifting harder while also providing fat-burning benefits. As a whole, the formula offers the same decent amounts of testosterone boosting as the original HighT but with far better support for bodybuilding.
Does it Work?
Yup. Better than what I expected, actually. In making reviews of different testosterone boosters from the same company, I’m always a little bit more critical because hey, if those brands can make more than 1 test booster, they surely have experience on their side. A lot of times, I’m left disappointed because the “upgrade” doesn’t seem to be any better if not making matters worse.
High T Black though? It delivered. The original formula wasn’t a very strong testosterone booster but it was decent while also providing a little bit of support for bodybuilding. High T Black on the other hand, maintained the same T-boosting potential as the original but bolstered the athletic part and made it so. much. better.
- Upgrades – It’s nice seeing a company make moves to make their supplements better.
- NO3X Nitric Oxide Booster – A-AKG finally gets the dosage it deserves.
- Fat-burning – Because it’s not enough to just gain muscle. It has to be LEAN muscle.
- Zinc – Come one High T. If you were to upgrade your testosterone boosting formula, at least pay attention to the manliest mineral. 1.5 mg? Really?
- Caffeine – It’s the most widely use psychoactive compound used by man but the stimulating side effects might be too much for some. And really, most of us already take our coffee in the morning. If you really wanted to boost energy levels, there are safer ways to do it than loading up on caffeine.
- Upgrades – Yeah, it’s a good thing. I know. What’s bad though is that they forgot to upgrade the T-boosts, too.
The Bottom Line
Same with the original formula, I wouldn’t place this supplement amongst my list of the best testosterone boosters because again, there are no advancements in testosterone boosting. It did however, improve quite a lot when it comes to building more muscle. As a whole, I’d recommend this to older men who’re looking to maintain their A game in the gym. If you are the younger dude looking for a testosterone-fueled athletic enhancer though, look here.