Quick Take: If you’re here, you probably came from bodybuilding (dot) com and saw these at the #1 and #2 spot of their top 10 supplements for testosterone. While I do have my own version of that list, I can’t deny that these two are elites at what they do and what they do is promote anabolic muscle growth. They have their own ways of doing it though and in this review, that’s what we’re going to dissect and compare. Let’s get started.
- EVLTest is a product of EVLUTION Nutrition – Bodybuilding (dot) com’s 2015 breakout brand of the year
- Includes a mini ZMA stack using all the forms of the original ZMA formula
- Also has a scientifically researched dose of the powerful DAA at 3,120 mg
- Other notable testosterone boosters include Fenugreek and Vitamin D3
- To help boost libido and possibly lower estrogen, EVL Test also has potent Tribulus and DIM
- Click here to read my full review on EVLTest
Alpha Test Features
- Alpha Test is a product of quite literally one of the Alpha’s of the fitness industry – MuscleTech
- Has an exotic but very promising ingredient in Shilajit. AlphaTest uses a pretty good brand in PrimeVie® too.
- Also has 2 of the manliest minerals for testosterone in Zinc and Boron. Dosage for Zinc is subpar though.
- Other notable herbs include Fenugreek and Tribulus Terrestris
- For potential estrogen regulation, AlphaTest adds in DIM-containing Broccoli powder
- Click here to read my full review on Alpha Test
EVLTest VS. Alpha Test: My Analysis
As products of reputable brands EVLUTION Nutrition and MuscleTech, both EVLTest and Alpha Test hold high pedigrees in the testosterone booster industry. Coming from those brands, it’s also pretty obvious that both their goals will be to bolster muscle growth through anabolic boosts in testosterone.
That said, what makes them different from each other? Well, despite being both great at what they do, they do have disparities in their approach.
EVLTest uses staple testosterone boosters and adds the benefit of improved muscle recovery
Starting off with its vitamins and minerals, EVLTest already looks like a solid formula. It boasts the ZMA trio of Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6 along with an essential test boosting vitamin in D3. In particular, ZMA has been used by athletes for quite some time now to help support healthy levels of testosterone and sleep which then leads to improved recovery.
Moving on, EVLTest also includes a heavy dose of DAA. With a 42% increase in testosterone in as little as 12 days, this amino acid is a prime testosterone booster. Factoring in Fenugreek, there should be even more “free” T and along with Tribulus, physical performance and libido. Lastly, EVLTest also includes DIM for potential estrogen regulation.
Alpha Test fuels muscle growth with top-grade ingredients for testosterone and energy
Alpha Test uses two of the best minerals for testosterone in Zinc and Boron and they’re supplied in potent qualities, too. Sadly though, Zinc could’ve used more milligrams but it should still be effective albeit to a lesser degree. Similar to EVLTest, Alpha Test also has standardized versions Fenugreek and Tribulus. Combined, these herbs potently add more “free” testosterone boosts along with amplified libido and muscle strength.
While these ingredients are undoubtedly manly, what sets Alpha Test apart is its inclusion of an exotic yet promising ingredient in Shilajit. This herbomineral is capable of boosting testosterone and energy which, to me, goes very well with the benefits of the previously discussed ingredients. Lastly, it also contains DIM in the form of Broccoli powder which may potentially lower levels of estrogen in favor of a more anabolic metabolism.
Conclusion: Which is Better?
Honestly, this is a very close battle and it really could go either way. They’re both great for natural bodybuilding, free of any major side effects, and they also come from two of the biggest companies in fitness. Depending on subjective factors such as your preferred brand and what benefits you feel impact your growing muscles better, I really don’t see any of these supplements as a ‘wrong’ choice.
That said, if you feel like sleep and recovery is what you need to develop your physique, buy EVLTest. On the other hand, if you feel like you a need a little more energy to get you going, Alpha Test may be the supplement for you. For argument’s sake though, I’m personally picking EVLTest as the better formula just because it presents a stronger potential to boost testosterone due to its heavy dose of DAA and ZMA. But like I said, choose what’s best for you.