Quick Take: EVL Test (Powder) is formulated to naturally boost testosterone but it’s also very capable of amplifying muscular growth, recovery, and performance while also helping hardworking athletes get the rest they deserve. Obviously, I’m a fan of this supplement. So, if you’re an active man who wants to get better results from his workout, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s get this review going!
- A product of the company EVLUTION Nutrition – one of the fitness industry’s most successful brands
- According to its label, EVL Test (Powder) is supposedly designed as a “training and recovery amplifier”
- Has a bunch of T essential nutrients, including the legendary ZMA trio of zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6
- D-Aspartic Acid at a clinically tested dose of 3120 mg
- Other ingredients add more T support through sleep and estrogen regulation
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon, Bodybuilding, and the official EVLUTION Nutrition website.
NOTE: GNC has other EVLUTION Nutrition products but I don’t think they sell EVLTest.
EVL Test (Powder) Ingredients
|Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)||1000 IU|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||11 mg|
|Magnesium (as Aspartate)||160 mg|
|Zinc (as Monomethionine and Aspartate)||30 mg|
|D-Aspartic Acid||3120 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris Extract (std. min. 45% Saponins) (fruit)||750 mg|
|Diindolylmethane (DIM)||250 mg|
EVL Test (Powder) – Ingredients Review
Vitamin D – Per research, men with higher levels of vitamin D tend to have higher levels of testosterone. Clearly, this makes it essential to male health so I’m glad it’s here on EVL Test (Powder). 1000 IU of cholecalciferol looks pretty good, too. Although, to be honest, I would’ve wanted a bit of a higher dose.
Vitamin B6 – Like the previous vitamin, there’s research suggesting that levels of vitamin B6 might be correlated to testosterone status. That being said, P-5-P would have been a better form but then again, 11 mg is a hefty dose so it’s all good.
Magnesium – This mineral weakens the bond between T and SHBG which results in more “free” testosterone. Furthermore, its effects on our favorite manly hormone seem to better in men with active lifestyles. In its aspartate form, it seems pretty bioavailable. Dosage seems adequate as well but I personally would’ve wanted more.
Zinc – According to research, “zinc administration may benefit performance” because it prevents testosterone from dropping after exercise. Moreover, this mineral is also an essential part of test production. Dosage and forms are all great.
Did you know? The combination of zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6 is legendary in the realm of sports and fitness nutrition. Together, they’re known as ZMA. You already know that they’re great for testosterone but, as shown in research, ZMA can also increase IGF-I (another anabolic hormone) and muscle strength in competitive athletes. Plus, it also promote sleep which makes for better recovery.
D Aspartic Acid (DAA) – Perhaps the single most powerful natural testosterone booster, DAA is capable of significantly boosting testosterone (42%) in just 12 days. Plus, this 3120 mg dose has been scientifically proven to be effective.
Tribulus Terrestris – As a test booster, this herb isn’t effective on young men but it does seem capable of doing work on the older gents. Nonetheless, it’s great for increasing libido especially in this potent quality and HEAVY dosage. Oh, and it probably helps with REM sleep too.
Diindolylmethane (DIM) – Commonly found in T boosters to help reduce estrogen levels and it does seem capable of doing so. However, one study also describes it as a “strong androgen antagonist”. That being said, I think a much lower dosage – probably 30 mg – would have been the much safer choice.
EVL Test (Powder) Directions
Each scoop of EVL Test (Powder) is worth 7.3 g. As instructed by EVLution Nutrition, simply take 1 scoop on an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before sleeping.
EVL Test (Powder) is basically a powderized version of the first EVL Test which was originally designed as pills. Both versions, by the way, are available on the market at $29.99 per bottle (30 servings) on the official EVLUTION Nutrition website.
On that note, let’s get to the actual analysis.
When it comes to T boosters, EVL Test (Powder) has plenty. In fact, all of its ingredients are capable of promoting robust testosterone production. Vitamin D and the ZMA trio, in particular, are even considered T-essential nutrients.
So, with these ingredients alone, EVL Test (Powder) has pretty much established itself as a solid T supporting supplement. If you add DAA – probably the strongest natural test booster in the planet – and DIM, then you’re getting even more testosterone boosting power and a way to regulate estrogen, theoretically resulting in a more anabolic metabolism.
The problem here, however, is that DIM might also reduce DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) – another androgen that’s generally more potent than testosterone but also responsible for the increasing rate of prostate issues in older men and balding in genetically predisposed individuals. That being said, this might be good news for the older population but for the young guns, not so much,
Nevertheless, I don’t see EVL Test (Powder) as just another testosterone boosting supplement. No, because with its ingredients, it’s also a sleep and recovery product.
In particular, ZMA and tribulus terrestris can both enhance the quality of sleep. This is great because a lot of athletes have trouble catching ZZZs which not only affects their health but also their recovery and performance. Plus, a good dose of shut-eye gets you started with higher testosterone in the morning – further enhancing the benefits on performance and recovery.
EVL Test (Powder) Benefits: Does it Work?
EVL Test (Powder) works because it uses research-backed ingredients with dosages and qualities that make them effective. Now, as a testosterone booster, I think it has strong potential but I wouldn’t necessarily put it on my list of the best testosterone supplements this 2019.
Having said that, I think EVL Test (Powder) is meant to be taken by men with active lifestyles who seek to get better results from their workout. However, since tribulus’ T boosting properties seem only effective for older gents and DIM’s effect on DHT is typically only a positive for older males, I believe men in or above their 30s are the ones who can truly maximize the effects of this formula.
EVL Test (Powder) Review Summary
- Powerful T boosts – With well-chosen, research-backed ingredients getting bioavailable forms and solid dosages, EVL Test (Powder) is bound to boost test via multiple pathways
- Delicious – Based on the customer reviews I’ve read on Amazon, a lot of its users approve of this product’s blue raz flavor
- Positive reviews – Speaking of customer reviews, it’s currently rated 4.5/5 stars on Amazon and 9/10 on Bodybuilding (dot) com. I haven’t read reports of dangerous side effects either.
- Anabolic – Unlike most fitness related testosterone boosters who only work their magic on hormones, EVL Test (Powder) also has the added anabolic benefit of better sleep.
- Too much DIM – It’s an effective anti-estrogen compound but getting too much seems to also reduce DHT
- No pro-DHT ingredient – To be honest, I don’t like messing with DHT which is why I personally would have wanted an ingredient that counteracts the effects of DIM on androgens – like Boron, for example.
- No fenugreek – The capsule version of EVL Test has this manly herb in its formula so I’m confused as to why this powder version doesn’t
The Bottom Line
EVLUTION Nutrition has been known to make some of the better, if not best fitness supplements in the market (e.g. Leanmode, BCAA, ENGN, Stacked Protein, etc) and with this newest testosterone booster, I think they’ve done a great job yet again. Personally, I would choose the capsule version over this but if you’re looking for a flavorful testosterone supplement that also promotes better recovery, growth, and performance (strength and energy), this is as good a choice as it gets.