Quick Take: Do you take coffee with your breakfast? Odds are, you probably are. Assuming that you do, do you really need more caffeine in your testosterone booster? I mean, are you really that tired? Because Blue Up isn’t just a testosterone booster. It stimulates you with Caffeine and melts your fat like butter with Yohimbine, too. Let’s not waste precious time here and get to the review.
- A product of Controlled labs, Blue Up is advertised on their website to have the “highest potency” among testosterone boosting supplements and hell, they might not even by lying.
- This product also claims that their natural testosterone boosting herbs increase levels of “free” T by unbinding bound testosterone from SHBG which is actually a pretty cool concept.
- As stated on their website, they included Caffeine in their formula to “get you pumped up for your workout” so you can push yourself harder which then leads to bigger muscle gains.
- This product’s Blue Up Complex™ is where the high quality herbs for testosterone are at.
- Their Blue Stim Complex™ includes the stimulants.
- Blue Up is available to buy online and in retail stores such as GNC and Amazon.
Blue Up Ingredients
|Blue Up Complex™||1,100 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris (Extract For 80% Steroidal Saponins And 30% Protodioscin), Avena Sativa (Extracted For 15% Avenacosides A & B), Eurycoma Longifolia (LongJack Extracted For 28% Bioactive Glyco Peptides, 40% Glyco Saponins And 30% Polysaccharides)|
|Blue Stim Complex™||255 mg|
|Natural Caffeine, Pausinystalia Yohimbe Bark Extract (6.5 mg Yohimbine)|
Blue Up’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Blue Up Complex™
- Tribulus Terrestris – Standardized for for 80% Steroidal Saponins and 30% Protodioscin, this is probably one of the most potent versions of this herb that I’ve seen. Sadly, it’s really not that much of a testosterone booster. However, it still is good for masculine health by enhancing sex and athletic performance.
- Avena Sativa – Another standardized version extracted for 15% Avenacosides A & B. These avenacosides seem to release testosterone from being bound to SHBG. And again, it’s good for sex drive.
- Eurycoma Longifolia – Otherwise known as Tongkat Ali, this legendary herb has been traditinally used for enhancing male virility and vitality. However, it also doubles as a testosterone booster by decreasing the test binding activity of SHBG and stimulating DHEA while also decreasing levels of cortisol. Especially at this potent form standardized to 28% Bioactive Glyco Peptides, 40% Glyco Saponins and 30% Polysaccharides.
Blue Stim Complex™
- Caffeine – Come on. You know what this is. Obviously, this ingredient is here for that added jolt of energy. It does so by stimulating the nervous system. Caffeine also has a little bit fat burning capacity by increasing fat oxidation and thermogenesis.
- Pausinystalia Yohimbe Bark – More importantly, the 6.5 mg of Yohimbine that’s extracted from this ingredient. Yohimbine seems to work as a fat burner through our body’s natural fat-burning hormones epinephrine and norepinephrine. Similar to coffee, it also increases thermogenesis which further enhances its fat loss capabilities.
Blue Up Directions
Take 2 capsules (1 serving) 30-45 minutes before your workout. If you weigh over 225 pounds, up your dosage to 3 capsules.
All in all, the formula has a total of 5 ingredients. That’s really not a lot compared to other testosterone boosters but that doesn’t mean Blue Up didn’t put as much effort into their formula especially since the manly herbs in this formula are all standardized to be extra potent.
The first prop blend Blue Up Complex™ is where the manly herbs can be found. These herbs are 3 of the 5 ingredients and out these 3, the best one is Tongkat Ali. According to a study, TA can increase testosterone by 37% while decreasing cortisol by 16%. T-boosts and stress relief? That’s a pretty solid combination right there.
Avena Sativa decreases levels of SHBG which fits what Blue Up is advertised to do. Also, it’s a solid nootropic for increasing alpha brainwaves. Because, you know, it’s not enough to look and feel Alpha. You need to think like one too. Lastly, we have Tribulus Terrestris which isn’t necessarily a testosterone booster but it does look like it indirectly supports male hormones and enhances physical performance which translates to both the bed and the gym. Actually, all these 3 manly herbs boost sex.
Blue Up’s Blue Stim Complex™ is basically fat burning and stimulants composed of 2 ingredients: Caffeine and Yohembine. Again, obviously, the stimulating effects of this blend come mostly from caffeine but both of these ingredients are pretty good fat burners. I’d be careful about any additional intakes of these from my diet though if I were you. Just like some people can’t really hold their alcohol, some people can’t take this much caffeine too.
Does it Work?
Based on their website, their reported claims are:
- increases free testosterone levels
- test boosting with a buzz
If we’re going by those two, then Blue Up works. Tongkat Ali and Avena Sativa have the SHBG under control which increases levels of “free” testosterone. Test boosting with a buzz? Ha! Caffeine and Yohimbine has that covered too. But I can’t help but feel like Blue Up is being modest here because the formula does offer other benefits.
Overall, Blue Up’s formula gets you moderate amounts of “free” T, a lot of extra curricular bedroom activities (extra creativity from enhanced alpha brainwaves plus the potent sex-enhancing herbs could lead to imaginative, kinky positions *wink*), anabolic muscle gains and fat loss (which is really good for bodybuilding as you may already know), and that “buzz” you feel from the extra load of energy. If that’s what you’re looking for, Blue Up could be the supplement for you.
- Added Creativity – Look like an Alpha, feel like an Alpha, and THINK like an Alpha.
- Dosages – Even if I hate prop blends, I still have to admit that the ones here are adequately dosed.
- Potent Herbs – I mean, take a look at the Blue Up Complex™ ingredients again. Those are some pretty good standards right there.
- “Free” Testosterone – Most young guys already have high levels of testosterone but most of these male hormones are basically just floating around useless because they’re bound to SHBG. By limiting the activity of SHBG, you get more “free” T which translates to more sex and muscle. And let’s admit it. Isn’t that what we all want?
- PROP BLENDS – I already said it and I’ll say it again. I hate prop blends. I wonder why it’s so hard for these products to be totally transparent.
- “Free” Testosterone – Yeah, I know. This is a good thing. But not everyone has a full load of testosterone just waiting to be set free. Older men especially.
- Caffeine + Yohembine – That “buzz” is good for late night clubbing but it’s not the healthiest feeling when you’re looking to boost testosterone.
- Weak testosterone boosts – While Blue Up does provide some pretty good herbs, they’re not really what I’d call heavy-hitters. As such, DAA-fueled testosterone boosters typically offer more boosts in testosterone.
The Bottom Line
If Blue Up was a boxer, it would be all jabs and fancy footwork with no hay-makers. The jabs, if accurately placed, would run up the score card but those won’t really get you a knockout finish. Similarly, Blue Up lacks heavy-hitting ingredients to blow up levels of testosterone even if they did put in the work with those sexy, potent herbs. I also would typically advise against any testosterone booster that includes stimulants in their formula. If you really, wanted to boost your energy, there’re much safer options that work just as well.
Regardless, Blue Up still does provide pretty solid benefits and at the very least, the Blue Up Complex™ looks well designed. Needless to say, I don’t have Blue Up in my list of the best testosterone boosters but if you were looking for a testosterone booster with a jolt of caffeine, you might as well go with this.