Quick Take: Both of these supplements come from reputable brands and hell, both of them have PM to their names as well. They’re also both unique in the way that they target sleep and recovery instead of the actual training. What’s their difference, you ask? Read the versus review and find out.
Z-Core PM Features
- Manufactured by MusclePharm, Z-Core PM is a product of one of the biggest brands in bodybuilding.
- Recycles the forms of Zinc, Vitamin B6, and Magnesium from the original ZMA blend.
- Has Copper to help optimize the testosterone boosts coming from Zinc.
- Includes potent but under dosed Fenugreek standardized for 50% saponins.
- Utilizes the help of 3-6 mg melatonin to help rock you to sleep.
- Click here to read my full review on Z-Core PM
Nugenix PM Features
- Nugenix is a brand that specializes in boosting testosterone and male vitality.
- Has the individual parts of the ZMA trio in Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6 with a little tweak in their forms.
- Aside from adding the individual parts of the ZMA combo to their stack, Nugenix PM adds even more ZMA goodness in the form of the original ZMA®.
- Has Tribulus Terrestris standardized to 40% saponins.
- Uses 2 mg of melatonin to help getting to sleep a lot easier.
- Click here to read my full review on Nugenix PM
Z-Core PM VS. Nugenix PM: My Analysis
MusclePharm and Nugenix are both really good companies. MusclePharm, obviously, focuses more on the muscle building aspect of male health while Nugenix delves more into testosterone.
Different as these brands may be, they managed to manufacture similar products in Z-Core PM and Nugenix PM. If you read the features of both these supplements, you’d notice that not only are their purposes similar, their ingredients are too. However, even with similar goals and ingredients, Z-Core PM and Nugenix PM differ quite a bit in their execution.
Z-Core PM uses conservative dosages and a recycled ZMA blend
Here’s an overview of the entire Z-Core PM formula.
The stack consists of ZMA, Copper, Fenugreek, and Melatonin. On paper, this looks like a pretty good combination for some nighttime test boosting and muscle recuperating action. However, it honestly doesn’t look like MusclePharm put a whole lot of effort into making Z-Core PM.
Z-Core PM simply used the same old formula that the original ZMA blend used (which is good but it could be so much better). Also, except for the 3-6 mg of melatonin, everything else on here is under dosed. In conclusion, the melatonin could get you to sleep but I personally wouldn’t count on your testosterone and recovery getting boosted more than sleep alone normally does.
Nugenix PM went all out on its ZMA and paired it with synergistic ingredients
Each capsule of Nugenix PM contains the individual parts of the ZMA trio and a separate serving of the original ZMA® formula. Essentially, Nugenix PM has two ZMA sources but what makes it even better, is that both these sources are heavily dosed. The Zinc supplied by Nugenix PM outside of the original ZMA® also has an upgraded, and superiorly absorbed form which makes it much more potent for both testosterone and recovery.
In terms of melatonin, Nugenix PM serves 2 mg. It may not be as much as what Z-Core PM has but trust me, it’s enough to make those eyelids heavier. Additionally, Tribulus Terrestris promotes a deeper REM sleep so you not only get to sleep easier, you get to sleep calmer too.
Conclusion: Which is Better?
Even with similar goals and ingredients, I think the winner of this battle is obvious.
NUGENIX PM IS THE BETTER NIGHTTIME TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER
With Z-Core PM, the 6 mg of melatonin is almost definitely going to help you catch some Z’s but the “testosterone booster” part looks a bit sketchy. ZMA, Copper, and Fenugreek would’ve did the job just fine though but, being under dosed killed most of their chances. If sleep is all you’re after and maybe a little better recovery, Z-Core PM could be a good choice.
Nugenix PM on the other hand, doesn’t have the same test boosting problems as Z-Core PM. Aside from the heavy dosages and the two sources of ZMA, the upgraded form of Zinc also helps this cause tremendously. Although melatonin is dosed lower in Nugenix PM than in Z-Core PM, its synergy with Tribulus Terrestris is also something that Z-Core PM doesn’t have. For a more complete recovery, choose Nugenix PM.