Quick Take: So you think you’re Alpha, huh, big boy? No, bro. You ain’t. You’re a monkey and you can get bigger. And I mean the KING KONG kind of big.
That’s what this testosterone booster aims for. With top quality earth-born herbs and vitamins, this formula is geared towards making you THE ape of this jungle we call the gym. So peel those eyes like you peel your bananas and pay attention because after this review, we gon’ unleash our inner silverbacks, go apeshit on those barbells, and pound our chests like crazy. Let’s do this quick and get those pumps going, shall we?
- A product of Athletic Edge, APE is an acronym for “Athletic Performance Enhancer”. Pretty clever name if you ask me.
- Advertised on their website to be “SUBSTANCE OVER HYPE”, APE has top quality ingredients all across the board.
- They provide solid ground when it comes to testosterone boosting with a wide array of vitamins and minerals essential to masculine health.
- The most prioritized ingredient on their prop blend is GlycoCarn®, a N.O. booster meant to get you looking jacked when you’re exercising.
- The second most prioritized ingredient is TestoSurge™, a branded form of Fenugreek for athletic performance and testosterone.
- Wherever I checked, APE always carries a stiff price tag. It’s cheaper on Amazon and GNC compared to their website though so you might want to start there.
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin D (As Cholecalciferol)||1000IU (250% DV)|
|Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxal-5 Phosphate)||5mg (250% DV)|
|Folate (As Folic Acid)||100mcg (25% DV)|
|Vitamin B12 (As Methylcobalamin)||10mcg (167% DV)|
|Zinc (As Zinc Aspartate)||15mg (100% DV)|
|APE™ Pro-Testosterone/Anti-Estrogen Complex Blend||1305mg|
|GlycoCarn® (Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine Hydrochloride), TestoSurge™ (Fenugreek Extract 80% Glycosides) (Trigonella Foenum Graecum) (Seed), Maca Extract 4:1 (Lipidium Meyenii) (Root), Indole-3 Carbinol, EuryGold™ (Std. To 28% Glycosaponins, 20% Polysaccharides) (Eurycoma Longifolia) (Root), Bioperine® (Black Pepper Extract) (Std. To 95% Piperine) (Piper Nigrum) (Fruit)|
APE’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamins & Minerals
- Vitamin D – It’s not really clear how Vitamin D influences testosterone but it’s pretty clear that healthy levels of this sunlight vitamin is tied to healthy levels of test, especially at this potent D3 (cholecalciferol) form.
- Vitamin B6 – Similar to the previous vitamin, it’s still not entirely understood but it still is tied to healthy levels of test, and again, especially at this potent form of P5P.
- Folic Acid – Most of the research surrounding this B vitamin is focused on pregnancy. So, uhmm, not so sure why you’d want this in a testosterone booster.
- Vitamin B12 – This is a common sight in pre-workout formulas for its benefits on stamina by aiding in the extraction of energy from the food we eat. And with Methylcobalamin, APE has another high quality vitamin.
- Zinc – While it’s not the best form for Zinc, Aspartate still is pretty decent. Zinc is the most important mineral for testosterone given that it’s a raw material required for test synthesis and release, while also maintaining testosterone levels after a heavy bout of iron lifting.
APE™ Pro-Testosterone/Anti-Estrogen Complex Blend
- GlycoCarn® – A branded form of L-Carnitine which is an amino acid that plays a role in protein biosynthesis. In testosterone boosting supplements, L-Carnitine is used to reduce levels of oxidative stress which may otherwise deplete levels of testosterone, especially after a workout.
- TestoSurge™ – A branded form of Fenugreek standardized to contain 80% Glycosides. Fenugreek is capable of boosting sexual and athletic performance while also increasing levels of “free” test by inhibiting aromatase and 5a-reductase activity.
- Maca – It’s not really a testosterone booster but a great men’s health herb nonetheless. It enhances libido and stamina, especially at this concentrated 4:1 extract which gives more active compounds per milligram.
- Indole-3 Carbinol – It’s a precursor to the more bio-active DIM which is technically in testosterone boosting products to inhibit aromatase activity. However, according to this research, DIM can also increase aromatase expression which makes it a pretty unstable ingredient.
- EuryGold™ – Another branded herb makes its way into formula. This is Tongkat Ali standardized to 28% Glycosaponins and 20% Polysaccharides. Tongkat Ali is more popular as a libido enhancer but it can also boost testosterone while lowering levels of stress.
- Bioperine® – Not a testosterone booster by any means but it rounds out this formula by increasing the bioavailability of the other ingredients found here, while also offering a little bit of fat loss.
Take 2 capsules (one serving) in the morning for 5 out of 7 days in a week.
On training days – Take one serving, 60-90 minutes prior to workout.
They didn’t suggest any additional instructions for non-training days so I think it might be best to take APE in conjunction with your bodybuilding routine.
Do not take more than 4 capsules per day. To maximize results, use for a minimum of eight straight weeks and a maximum of twelve. Take a 4 week off-cycle before resuming routine.
As always, let’s start with the vitamins and minerals. While APE does provide a solid ground to get the body to produce more testosterone, it does have a few minor cracks. One of which is their dosage. I’m a bit concerned if these ingredients hit critical mass dosage considering that they’re a bit low across the board. Another crack I found is, where’s magnesium and Vitamin K2? Nonetheless, APE seems to make up for this by providing top quality forms which means they’re better absorbed and processed.
And now we get to this formula’s juicy parts – the ingredients found in APE™ Pro-Testosterone/Anti-Estrogen Complex Blend. Let’s start with the testosterone boosters: TestoSurge™ & EuryGold™. As I’ve already mentioned, they’re branded forms of Fenugreek and Tongkat Ali. While they’re not the best for testosterone, they still provide decent T-boosting but they’re better for improving sex and athletic performance. This goes with Maca too except that this one doesn’t have the benefits of boosting test.
When boosting testosterone, it’s almost equally important to regulate the levels of estrogen to maintain optimal hormonal balance conducive to anabolic muscle growths. To be honest though, APE chose a pretty questionable ingredient to do this. I3C is a pretty bad choice for 2 reasons:
- It’s one step further from DIM which is actually the better choice. I3C has to convert to DIM through digestion before it can be effective in aromatase inhibition. Otherwise, it’s just useless.
- After it converts to DIM, it can limit testosterone’s conversion to estrogen – which is good. However, it can also lower levels of testosterone – which is bad.
Thankfully though, Fenugreek has aromatase inhibition too.
Next, we have the prop blend’s most prioritized ingredient: GlycoCarn® which is basically L-Carnitine in a branded form. This amino acid boosts N.O. production which is great as a pre-workout and also offers protection against oxidative stress which is great for growth and recovery. Cool, aye? This goes well with APE’s target but I do have one question. Why would they prioritize an amino acid over a testosterone booster when this was supposedly a testosterone boosting stack?
Lastly, we have BioPerine. Not a testosterone booster by any means but it’s a terrific addition nonetheless. Especially since the dosages here aren’t overwhelming, the enhanced bioavailability that BioPerine offers provides great value. Coupled with the branded and high quality ingredients in this formula, dosage might not be such a big problem after all.
Does it Work?
Like I said, BioPerine’s absorption enhancing properties and these high quality ingredients might curb the overall low dose. So, yeah, I believe it works.
Overall, this formula looks to have decent boosts in testosterone and a lot of pre-workout potential which might be perfect for the bros looking to max out on their gym and bedroom experience.
- Hybrid formula – And not just any hybrid. An effective one. Most hybrid formulas tend to do too much at the cost of being ineffective. APE narrows their focus down to two: PWO and testosterone.
- High Quality – Almost all the ingredients used in the prop blend are branded. Heck, even their vitamins are top quality.
- BioPerine – Which pretty much enhances the high quality ingredients even further.
- No side effects – I did read a few customer reviews complaining of minor ones such as acne and a bit of diarrhea but really, these are to be expected. Side effects shouldn’t be a problem especially given this formula’s top quality ingredients.
- Good Deal – Okay, I know I said it’s pricey but hear me out. I did the numbers for you, too. You’re welcome. Anyway, here goes.
- The instructions say to take 2 capsules per day, 5 days a week. Multiply that by 4, you get 40 capsules for a month’s supply. The bottle contains 80 capsules, which essentially gives you a 2 month supply of APE. Suddenly, $86 doesn’t seem too expensive, aye?
- Low Dosages – Yeah. This. Fortunately, the herbs are highly absorbable because of their quality.
- GlycoCarn® – Technically, it’s a good thing. The bad thing is that it’s the most prioritized ingredient in a testosterone booster and it doesn’t even boost testosterone.
- Indole-3 Carbinol – There are better estrogen blockers than this.
- PROP BLENDS – I literally almost forgot about this. I got caught up in the quality of these ingredients. My bad. BUT SCREW YOU PROP BLENDS! Why’d you have to go and hide the dosages like that, man?
- No Ape picture – Sorry. I honestly just ran out of bad things to say to this formula. Really though. Wouldn’t it be awesome if APE actually had a gorilla as their logo? That would’ve been epic.
The Bottom Line
My final thought on this formula is simple. I like it! Strictly in terms of boosting testosterone though, it lacks the power to be part of my best testosterone boosters list but overall, the formula is right up there with the best.
To conclude, let me ask you again. You think you’re Alpha, bro? You think you’re King Kong? No. You’re not. At least not yet. But APE is going to help transform your tiny monkey arms into that of a gorillas. What’re you waiting for then? Get your ass to the gym and start pumping iron!