Quick Take: Betancourt Nutrition has previously manufactured a PWO supplement (B-Nox Androrush) that was meant to enhance our body’s natural testosterone response to exercise. Let’s face it though. Most of us don’t really workout 7 days a week. For this very reason, Betancourt Nutrition made Androrush – a testosterone booster that you can take everyday, regardless if it’s chest day, leg day, or even rest day. Will this new supplement live up to the hype? Let’s read the review and find out.
- Androrush isn’t Betancourt Nutrition’s only testosterone boosting product but to the brand’s credit, none of their formulas look recycled.
- It’s the newest among its brand’s line of test boosters.
- Smart formulation using top quality ingredients that all have a place for what this stack was designed for.
- Speaking of design, the label advertises testosterone, performance, and vitality.
- Contains an ingredient that may put you at risk of side effects if taken in excessive amounts.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including The Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon, and the Betancourt Nutrition website. I couldn’t find it on GNC though. Sad.
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)||3,000 IU|
|Vitamin B5 (as d-calcium pantothenate)||10 mg|
|KSM-66® Ashwagandha Extract (Withania somnifera) (root)||600 mg|
|Agmapure® (Agmatine Sulfate)||500 mg|
|Long Jack 100:1 (Eurycoma longifolia jack) (root)||300 mg|
|Coleus Forskohlii Extract (root) standardized to 20% Forskolin (50 mg)||250 mg|
|DIM (Diindolylmethane)||200 mg|
|Yohimbine HCl (Pausinystalia yohimbine) (bark)||1 mg|
Androrush’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin D3 – As research suggests, higher levels of Vitamin D equate to healthier levels of testosterone so this heavy dose of 3,000 IU looks really sweet. Additionally, This D3 form is best utilized by our bodies compared to the inferior D2.
Vitamin B5 – Also called the “anti-stress vitamin” but there currently doesn’t seem to be any scientific evidence pointing towards its ability to counter stress so I personally wouldn’t count on it to do so. Regardless, Vitamin B5, like all other B vitamins, help the body convert the food we eat into energy and as 10 mg fits its RDA, it should do the job just fine.
KSM-66® – A science-backed brand of the herb that I’d like to call “the all-in-one man-enhancer“, Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb with multiple benefits to male health including boosting testosterone, improving sperm quality, bolstering physical performance and energy, countering stress, and boosting libido.
AgmaPure® – As one research suggests, Agmatine might influence a rise in the production of nitric oxide which then leads to better blood flow. Take note though, this research was done on isolated cells and not on an entire organism (humans) so this research still isn’t very conclusive. Regardless, this isn’t stopping Agmatine’s growing popularity in several bodybuilding (PWO) supplements.
Long Jack – Otherwise known as Tongkat Ali, Androrush supplies this herb in a potent 100:1 extract and a decent dose of 300 mg. This legendary herb has been traditionally used to enhance sex drive but current research suggests that it may also be beneficial as a testosterone and anti-stress supplement.
Coleus Forskohlii – When you want to boost testosterone and burn fat at the same time, this has got to be on your watch list, especially at this extra potent (standardized to 20% Forskolin) and heavily dosed (250 mg) version. As one study has shown, Coleus Forskohlii was able to boost both total and “free” testosterone as well as increase lean body mass.
DIM – Typically seen in testosterone boosting supplements for it’s theoretical ability to lower estrogen levels via aromatase inhibition. However, research on DIM is still pretty shady as of the moment.
Yohimbine – A compound from the African tree bark Yohimbe, Yohimbine has a legendary status as a natural libido booster. In bodybuilding, this compound seems to influence our fight-or-flight response which then leads to better focus and fat burning. You might think this 1 mg dose is low but considering that most supplements use as little as 2.5 mg, I think this could still work.
Something you need to know about Yohimbine, is that it has been associated with side effects for quite some time now. These side effects include erratic heart beats, elevated blood pressure, and sleep difficulties especially at higher dosages. While I don’t think this low 1 mg dose is likely to cause these side effects, they’re still worthy of mention. Also, Betancourt Nutrition warns of the following:
Each serving of Androrush consists of 4 capsules. Betancourt Nutrition didn’t indicate when these capsules are to be taken but a total of 4 should be consumer per day, with or without food.
- “Strength, endurance, vigor, vitality, a healthy stress response and ingredients that support fat loss pathways are key to performing at your best and supporting your weight training goals as you seek to attain your ultimate physique”
Those words came straight from the Androrush online marketing. As far as that advertisement goes, it should be pretty clear that Betancourt designed this product to be a supplement to help you reach your bodybuilding dreams. Let’s analyze the formula and see if Androrush has what it takes to accomplish such feat.
Of course, to build a better and manlier physique, you need large chunks of lean muscle and to grow these said muscles, you need a great deal of exercise. Androrush helps in that department by putting in ingredients that not only grant you more strength, energy, and blood flow, there are also ingredients that help you burn more fat so you can get more out of your workouts.
When you push your body to and beyond its limits, you also place it under heavy stress. I don’t need to tell you this but stress isn’t good for you – which is why Androrush also placed a few ingredients to help your body more resilient. Ashwagandha and Tongkat Ali are research-backed adaptogens so you’re pretty well covered. If Vitamin B5 is truly the “anti-stress vitamin” that it’s been touted to be, then it’s icing on the cake.
In terms of testosterone, Andrurush by Betancourt has 4: Vitamin D3, Ashwagandha, Tongkat Ali, and Coleus Forskohlii. Aside from Vitamin D3, these nutrients aren’t particularly the best testosterone boosters but they do play roles in the different bodybuilding benefits of Androrush. DIM is a bit of a controversial estrogen blocker but while it still warrants further scientific investigation, it does show promise.
Does it Work?
Just in terms of attaining your “ultimate physique” – as Betancourt says – I’d say Androrush pretty much covers all bases. It helps you push past your limits at the gym with strength and stamina while also burning fat in the process for a bigger but leaner physique.
In terms of testosterone, Androrush has that down too but it’s not perfect. The ingredients do seem pretty solid but aside from Vitamin D3, there still are better choices like DAA, Zinc, and Mucuna Pruriens among just a few others.
- Non-proprietary – Unlike another Betancourt testosterone booster (Test-HP), the ingredients in Androrush aren’t chained away in pain-in-the-ass prop blends.
- Formulation – Androrush looks designed by smart people who did their research. Every single ingredient here has a place either in testosterone or in constructing a manlier build.
- Dosage and Quality – Solid on both ends.
- Honesty – Excessive Yohimbine consumption can lead to unwanted side effects (especially when taken alongside caffeine). Betancourt is honest enough to warn Androrush consumers about this issue.
- No reviews – It’s a fairly new supplement so I had already assumed there wouldn’t a lot of customer reviews on the internet. What I didn’t expect though, is that it has Z-E-R-O on both Amazon and The Vitamin Shoppe.
- Pricey – Retail price at about $70 is a little bit higher than average but it can be bought so much cheaper in Amazon and vitaminshoppe (dot) com. To be fair, I’ve seen worse supplements being sold at much higher prices.
- Yohimbine – Not that I think 1 mg can lead to any major side effects but do be weary.
The Bottom Line
Although Bullnox (B-NOX) Androrush and this product share the same Androrush name, this is by far the better testosterone booster. Being a better T booster than another supplement designed primarily as PWO doesn’t necessarily make it one of the best testosterone products on the market though. Nonetheless, Androrush is quite the decent stack that I’d recommend to men with goals of a better physique and healthier hormones.