Quick Take: AlphaTest VS Prime-T — both of these are among the testosterone boosters who have the highest ratings on Bodybuilding (dot) com. In my opinion, they’re both better than the average T booster too. So, yeah, I like both of them. However, apart from boosting testosterone, they aren’t actually designed to do the same things. Consequently, they target different demographics as well. To know which supplement suits you better, let’s get to the review.
- According to MuscleTech, “AlphaTest® is scientifically engineered to deliver a powerful testosterone-boosting ingredient matrix to stimulate free testosterone, maintain a peak testosterone-to-estradiol ratio and enhance ATP levels!”
- Claims to boost free testosterone in 7 days. This claim is actually valid but more on this later
- Except for broccoli powder, all of Alpha Test’s ingredients are given in potent forms
- Non-proprietary formula which means all of its ingredients’ dosages are shown – and oh boy do these dosages look good!
- Has two of the best T boosting minerals (zinc, boron) in the market and a fat 600 mg of standardized fenugreek
- Click here to read my full Alpha Test review
- Advertised on its label simply as a “testosterone optimization formula”
- Claims to support male vitality, estrogen balance, prostate health, lean muscle, strength, and libido
- HUGE 3200 mg dosage of an amino acid (DAA) that can boost testosterone by 42%
- Other notable testosterone boosters (i.e. zinc, boron, vitamin D, fenugreek) have decent to massive dosages as well
- 3 B vitamins to help increase energy and aromatase inhibitors to reduce estrogen
- Click here to read my full Prime-T review
AlphaTest VS Prime-T: My Analysis
With 8.6 and 9.3 ratings on Bodybuilding respectively, AlphaTest and Prime-T are among the highest rated supplements on that website. Of course, these ratings came from customers who have experienced the effects of the products. However, as the nature of customer reviews go, a good majority of these ratings and comments are subjective. Therefore, this doesn’t automatically make Prime-T the better then AlphaTest just because it has garnered more stars.
That being said, AlphaTest and Prime-T have a few things in common. For instance, they’re both non-proprietary formulas with decent to massive dosages overall. Also, they use a lot of ingredients with enhanced forms which make them more bioavailable and potent than their normal, unenhanced counterparts. What makes them different, however, is their design.
AlphaTest built its formula around promoting anabolism, boosting “free” testosterone, and increasing ATP
The nucleus of this formula, I believe, is its 600 mg of standardized fenugreek. This herb can boost “free” testosterone, lower estrogen, improve muscle strength, and elevate libido – all at the same time! Impressive, eh?
Having said that, by no means is Alpha Test reliant on this manly herb alone.
It also has solid dosages of zinc and boron. Boron, in particular, has been scientifically proven to increase “free” testosterone and lower estrogen in just 1 week (7 days). The downside to this mineral, however, is that it also seems to increase the stress hormone cortisol.
AlphaTest is smart which is why I think they paired boron with a powerful antioxidant (zinc) and a promising adaptogen (shilajit). Both these effects help to limit, if not decrease circulating cortisol. So, with the ability to boost “free” T, lower estrogen, and regulate cortisol, Alpha Test is now capable of promoting an anabolic internal environment that’s conducive to lean muscle growth.
Oh, and by the way, shilajit is also a natural T booster with the ability to encourage higher ATP which results in more energy – great for fuelling tough workouts. Lastly, there’s tribulus and broccoli powder to boost libido and probably decrease estrogen.
Prime-T is built more as an all-around testosterone supplement with a bit of an inclination for higher libido
Let me say that again… 42% IN JUST 12 DAYS! I mean, oh my goodness! If this isn’t powerful, I don’t know what is.
Prime-T doesn’t just settle for DAA though. No, that would make it mediocre. This supplement also has zinc, boron, fenugreek, and vitamin D to add even more support for testosterone. Moreover, Prime-T also has DIM to help fenugreek and boron decrease estrogen levels which, indirectly, also supports higher T.
Like most other testosterone supplements, however, Prime T has non-T boosting benefits too. In particular, it has multiple B vitamins that help convert the food you eat into energy. Plus, it has maca and safed musli to increase libido.
Overall, I’m seeing powerful testosterone boosts as Prime T’s primary feature with benefits for sex and vitality as welcome additions.
AlphaTest VS Prime-T Summary
- 600 mg of standardized fenugreek pretty much covers all the benefits (higher T, lower estrogen, improved physical performance and sex drive)
- The rest of its formula enhances the effects of fenugreek while also adding cortisol regulation
- Increases ATP production for more energy during training
- $24.99 per bottle (120 rapid-release bio capsules) on the official MuscleTech website; $19.89 on Bodybuilding
- DAA + zinc, boron, fenugreek, vitamin D = POWERFUL (yet safe) testosterone boosts
- B Vitamins for energy
- Maca and safed musli for even more boosts in libido
- $34.97 per bottle (120 capsules) on the official RSP Nutrition website and on Bodybuilding
Conclusion: Which is Better?
Solely in terms of boosting testosterone, Prime-T is the clear winner in my eyes. With zinc, boron, and fenugreek, this product uses a lot of the same T boosters as AlphaTest. However, since DAA is also in its formula, Alpha Test’s T boosting potential is significantly elevated. So, for older men who quite literally need their testosterone back to healthy levels, Prime-T seems to be the better choice, not to mention that it might also be better for sex.
AlphaTest, on the other hand, looks to be the better supplement for active men. As a product of MuscleTech’s pro series, I’m not actually that surprised. Having said that, if you’re looking for a supplement that tilts your hormonal profile to anabolism and helps you build muscle while also giving you more strength and energy, you might find this the better buy.