Quick Take: Both these supplements are made by one of the most prominent trainers in fitness and bodybuilding Dr. Jim Stoppani. With a PhD in exercise physiology (among several other accolades), this dude truly knows his stuff and it shows in his supplements, including these two. However, what’s the difference between these two testosterone boosters? Which one’s better for what? What should you be taking? Those questions will soon be answered so let’s get this Alpha Jym VS ZMA Jym review going.
Alpha JYM Features
- As per its label, Alpha Jym is designed to support strength, muscle growth, and virility
- Uses a Five-Stage Testosterone Boost design that supports high testosterone from multiple angles
- Taken twice per day which doubles the dose of the entire formula
- Has fenugreek, ashwagandha, and tongkat ali – three of the more effective T boosting herbs in the market – and gave them all potent forms
- Great for muscle growth, strength gains, and optimizing hormonal levels for anabolism
- Click here to read my full Alpha JYM review
JYM ZMA Features
- On its label, Jym ZMA is said to be promote recovery, strength, immune function, and virility
- Uses the same forms and dosages used in the original ZMA formula created by SNAC Systems Inc.
- Adds BioPerine® to the formula for enhanced nutrient absorption
- May be stacked with other supplements, including other T boosters such as Alpha Jym
- Can improve recovery through sleep and increase anabolic hormones (e.g. testosterone, IGF-1)
- Click here to read my full Jym ZMA review
Alpha JYM VS JYM ZMA: My Analysis
Made by JYM Supplement Science, both Alpha JYM and JYM ZMA are endorsed and designed by Dr. Jim Stoppani – the CEO of said company. Speaking of which, the doctor also has A LOT of fitness related accolades to his resume, including:
- PhD in exercise physiology
- Post-doctorate position at Yale University
- Senior Science Editor for Muscle & Fitness and FLEX magazines
- Celebrity health and nutrition consultant
On top of those, this dude has a pretty good bod on him, too! That being said, he clearly knows what he’s doing which I’m pretty sure is why Alpha JYM and JYM ZMA are getting all the positive reviews they’re getting.
However, both these supplements are designed for different things.
ALPHA JYM IS A SOLID, PERHAPS EVEN POWERFUL TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER THAT WORKS WHILE YOU’RE AWAKE
Alpha Jym only has 6 ingredients in its formula. Relative to most other testosterone boosters in the market, that’s a little less than average. However, even with just these 6 ingredients, this supplement manages to hit 5 test boosting angles that the average, everyday T booster could only dream of.
Below is a list of Alpha Jym’s five-stage T boosting strategy as well as the ingredients that make them possible:
- Promote testosterone production – Fenugreek, ashwagandha, and tongkat ali
- Balance estrogen levels – Fenugreek, DIM, and possibly damiana
- Antioxidant protection – Quercetin
- Reduce SHBG; increase “free” testosterone – Tongkat ali
- Limit testosterone excretion – Quercetin
Beyond these 5 T boosting angles, however, Alpha Jym also supports other areas of male health. Fenugreek, ashwagandha, and tongkat ali, in particular, are versatile herbs that also support higher libido and enhanced physical performance.
Moreover, all the ingredients in the Alpha Jym formula are HEAVILY (yet safely) dosed while also being supplied in potent forms. So, overall, I’m quite confident that this product will work.
JYM ZMA IS A SUPPLEMENT THAT PROMOTES MUSCULAR AND HORMONAL RECOVERY DURING SLEEP
First of all, ZMA is basically a mixture of zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6. Dr. Jim Stoppani takes pride in using the same exact forms and dosages used by this trio’s original creator SNAC Systems Inc.
In a way, this is great because these forms and dosages are the same ones used in a research that shows ZMA increasing “free” testosterone, IGF-1, and muscle strength.
Moreover, ZMA also promotes relaxation which, in effect, also helps put men and women to sleep. Hence, accelerating and improving muscle recovery. And, you know what? Better sleep allows you to wake up with more testosterone, too!
The problem that I have with Jym ZMA, however, is that the forms of zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6 could have been better. Yes, these are the same forms used in research and yes, they’re great forms. Still though – I think Jym ZMA could have done better.
On that note, Jym ZMA also adds BioPerine® to its formula to enhance the absorption of ZMA’s vitamins and minerals. Soooo… maybe the better forms weren’t necessary after all?
Alpha JYM VS JYM ZMA Summary
- Ingredients have spectacular forms and dosages
- Uses a five-stage T boosting strategy that supports higher testosterone via multiple pathways
- Great all-around supplement that not only promotes an anabolic hormonal environment but also higher libido and athletic performance
- $39.99 per bottle (180 capsules) on GNC
- Uses the same exact forms and dosages as the original ZMA formulation
- Adds BioPerine® to enhance nutrient absorption
- Augments muscle recovery through sleep, elevated anabolic hormones (testosterone and IGF-1), and improved muscle strength
- $21.99 per bottle (90 capsules) on GNC
Conclusion: Which is Better?
Well, if we’re talking about which of these supplements is the stronger testosterone booster, Alpha Jym is – hands down, by far, and it’s not even close – the winner. Honestly, its multi-angular approach towards optimizing natural testosterone production is one of the smartest strategies I’ve seen, not to mention that it benefits other areas of male health as well.
JYM ZMA, on the other hand, is better for recovery simply because of how ZMA works. It may not be as powerful a T booster but when the sun comes down after you’ve worked yourself out, taking this product is going to get you ready for another day of pumping iron. Plus, its simplistic formula means it can be stacked with a lot of other supplements, including Alpha Jym.