Quick Take: The title sounds preachy, I know, but there’s really no better way to describe Activate T Black. Fusion Diet Systems’ original testosterone boosting formula, Activate T, was seemingly a half step forward out of their comfort zone. If you’ve read my review on that, it would be needless to say that there was a lot of room for improvement. Fusion Diet Systems looks like it knew this and steered back to its weight-loss roots and thus, leading to Activate T Black – a fat-burning and muscle building supplement with a pinch of testosterone.
- Activate T Black is part of Fusion Diet Systems’ line of testosterone boosters which include products like the original Activate T formula, and the newer Activate T Red.
- The entire formula includes two prop blends for ‘activating’ testosterone and fat burning.
- It doesn’t just aid in weight loss though. It also has a muscle building twist to it.
- Compared to the original Activate T, this one has an overall better dosage.
- This product is advertised in their website to be a “hardcore” testosterone booster.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores (including Amazon but not in GNC).
Activate T Black Ingredients
|Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)||600 IU|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl)||16 mg|
|Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||330 mcg|
|Activate T™ BLACK Blend||1590 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris 45%, L-Glutamine, Siberian Ginseng Ext (root), Bayberry (bark), Bovine Colostrum 80/40, L-Citrulline, Tongkat Ali PE 4:1, Wild Yam PE 4:1, Fenugreek PE 4:1, Sage (leaf), Nettle (root), Beta Sitosterol, Agaricus Mushroom|
|Activate T™ BLACK Fat Burning Blend||730 mg|
|Green Tea Ext 50% (leaf), Garcinia Cambogia 50%, Coleus Forskohlii Ext (root)|
Activate T Black’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin D3 – It’s one of the best vitamins for testosterone. According to this study, higher levels of this sunshine vitamin have been linked to higher levels of our manly hormone.
Vitamin B6 – It’s not necessarily a test booster but that doesn’t mean it has nothing to do with it. This study shows that low levels of this vitamin have also been linked to low levels of testosterone. That said, a healthy dose of Vitamin B6 also aids in having healthy levels of testosterone.
Vitamin B12 – It’s found in a lot of testosterone boosting stacks but it doesn’t really boost T. It does, however, play a key role in energy metabolism and also protects testicular health which MIGHT indirectly support testosterone.
Activate T™ BLACK Blend
- Tribulus Terrestris – While I’m not sure what active compound it’s standardized to, it is standardized to 45%. Which is good. This is one of the most common ingredients in testosterone boosters but it doesn’t boost T. It’s primarily taken for kinky bedroom benefits.
- L-Glutamine – It’s an amino acid mainly used as a nootropic for learning and memory but it MIGHT also have benefits in growth hormone production.
- Siberian Ginseng – This has a different active compound to its more famous cousins Asian & American ginseng. According to this, Siberian Ginseng may stimulate the immune system and may have some benefits to stamina. Like its cousins though, this is also an adaptogen that helps the body counter the effects of stress.
- Bayberry – To be quite honest, I’m not even sure why this is here.
- Bovine Colostrum – This is a kind of milk that’s made in the later stages of pregnancy. In this formula, it looks like it’s being used for enhanced muscular healing and regeneration.
- L-Citrulline – NO is synthesized by this ingredient. Which means vasodilation and increased circulation.
- Tongkat Ali – Primarily used for libido enhancement but according to this study, it increases levels of testosterone by 37% while reducing cortisol by 16%.
- Wild Yam – DHEA is derived from this plant. However, taking wild yam isn’t the same as taking DHEA since only DHEA, the synthetic form of wild yam can be absorbed by the body.
- Fenugreek – It’s been traditionally used in Chinese medicine to boost sex drive but recently, it’s also been used for it’s “free” testosterone boosting benefits by blocking testosterone from converting to estrogen and DHT.
- Sage – Extracts of this plant have similar effects to caffeine. Thus, leading to better alertness, focus, and mood.
- Nettle – While there aren’t any studies yet stating that Nettle has a direct impact on testosterone, it has shown to support it by blocking aromatase, 5a-reductase, and the notorious T-killer SHBG.
- Beta Sitosterol – This is the active compound found in Nettle. Actually, the testosterone supporting benefits from Nettle are due to this compound.
- Agaricus – Or white button mushroom, it’s been used in testosterone boosters for its aromatase inhibiting property.
Activate T™ BLACK Fat Burning Blend
- Green Tea – by increasing our body’s metabolic rate, this ingredient is one of the best natural fat burners.
- Garcinia Cambogia – this has shown potential as a weight loss supplement for its inhibition of fat-storing enzynmes
- Coleus Forskohlii – Animal research on this ingredient has shown fat burning potential for its ability to enhance fat metabolism. However, the lack of human trials seem a bit worrying.
Activate T Black Directions
Take three 3 capsules once per day with a full glass of water.
In terms of total testosterone boosting, Activate T Black differs from its predecessor in that Activate T relies on Zinc while Activate T Black relies on Vitamin D3. Both are solid for T-boosts but really, that’s not what this supplement is about. Activate T Black is all about their prop blends so let’s cut straight to it.
Activate T™ BLACK Blend is where you’ll find the manly testosterone influencing ingredients. The most effective ingredients for testosterone in this blend are Tongkat Ali, Fenugreek, and Nettle. And if you’ve noticed, they’re not even among the most prioritized ingredients. Because again, this supplement isn’t just about test boosting. The top ingredient in this formula is Tribulus Terrestris. A potent herb used for libido and anabolic growth. The rest of the elements on this blend seem to support that.
The prop blend has Ginseng and Sage for focus and energy, L-Glutamine and Colostrum for muscle growth and recovery, and then you have L-Citrulline for enhanced circulation to areas that matter most to men: muscles for bodybuilding and athletic training, and to the penis for sex. Also commendable additions to this list are Beta Sitosterol and Agaricus for their inhibition of testosterone killers estrogen, DHT, and SHBG. Hopefully, there’s not too much DHT inhibition here since it’s an even manlier hormone than T.
Activate T™ BLACK Fat Burning Blend is where the weight loss is at. This is what Fusion Diet Systems’ supplements are generally made for. This is their forte. And with a hefty dose of 730 mg and 3 solid fat-burning ingredients, the brand seems to deliver.
Overall, Activate T Black’s formula has what it takes to ‘activate’ T like the original, enhance muscle growth and recovery, and melt away body fat like it was butter. All these benefits with a touch of improvements in sex drive and performance too.
Does it Work?
For increasing the total number of testosterone? Meh. Probably not but if it does, it probably wouldn’t be by a lot anyway. But let’s not stop at that because Activate T Black is successful in the other areas that it promotes.
Activating T? Check. Muscle growth? Check. Weight loss? Check. Sex? Check. Given that virtually all men want sex, let’s not include that in this last sentence. If you’re the man looking to bulk up slabs of muscle while preventing fat from building up, this could be the right supplement for you.
- No side effects – similar to the other Fusion Diet Systems testosterone boosting products, there’s not a lot of customer reviews regarding this one. Actually, I didn’t find any. Regardless, the formula doesn’t look like it’s potent enough to cause unwanted harm and the ingredients in this formula are safe too.
- Quality ingredients – most of the ingredients are standardized and concentrated.
- Solid dosages – This is a big upgrade from the weak dosage supplied by Activate T.
- Muscle building and fat burning – always a plus if you’re a bodybuilder.
- Weak strategy – well, not really. It’s actually pretty good. I just wish the test boosters in the formula such as Tongkat Ali and Fenugreek were prioritized higher.
- Mild T-boosts – I definitely wouldn’t rank it as one of the best testosterone boosters.
- Prop blends – I just hate it when I can’t see how much of a particular ingredient is in a formula.
The Bottom Line
While some people say that you should step out of your comfort zone for personal growth, it’s not always successful. Which brings me back to this review’s title. Activate T Black shows that stepping back may sometimes be a necessary step towards the right direction. See, Activate T wasn’t really all that successful with their formula and while Fusion Diet Systems did an okay job with it, they did an even better one with Activate T Black. Solid dosages, quality ingredients, and two pro blends working in synergy. Given, there’s really not a lot of testosterone boost that goes here (if any) so it’s really not for everyone. If you’re the older guy who’s looking for massive testosterone boosts to get back into gym and sex scene, there’re better supplements in the market for you.