Quick Take: Right out the gate, let me just tell you that this review will be a deviation from what I normally write. Why? Because 1-Testosterone is NOT a natural testosterone booster but a prohormone, and as a prohormone, effects (and side effects) similar to anabolic steroids should be expected. What makes it different? Let’s find out.
- 1-testosterone is a product of Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals – a bodybuilding company that’s been producing prohormones for a pretty long time now.
- Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals infused 1-testosterone with its Cyclosome™ Delivery system which supposedly helps get you more out of your supplement
- Unique to other prohormones, 1-testosterone does not convert to neither estrogen nor DHT.
- I don’t know how true this is but 1-testosterone is advertised to be “the most effective prohormone produced”.
- It’s also said to be a “mild hormone” (whatever that means) that offers considerable gains in muscle strength and mass.
- Available online and in retail stores including a1supplements and priceplow. Some other Hi-Tech pharmaceuticals products can be found on Amazon and GNC but not 1-testosterone.
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|6,7 Dihydroxybergamottin||50 mg|
1-Testosterone’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
1-androstene-3b-ol-17-one – Also known as 1-Androsterone, this prohormone converts to 1-testosterone which is a slightly modified version of testosterone. This slight modification, however, causes it to undergo a different metabolic pathway than normal testosterone.
6,7 Dihydroxybergamottin – That name is a bit too long and science-y for normal people like me so let’s just roll with its common name DHB. Found in grapefruits, this compound enhances bioavailability. Specifically to prohormones though, DHB is here to amplify the anabolic effects of 1-testosterone (1-Androsterone).
The instructions provided by Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals in taking 1-testosterone are as simple as they get. Just take 1 tablet in the morning and another one at night. They also warned not to take more than 2 pills per day so keep that in mind.
Like any other prohormone, 1-testosterone works in a somewhat similar way to anabolic steroids. Both supplements are designed to elevate the bodybuilding experience of men who want more out of what their bodies can naturally obtain. They do this by supplying the body an external source of either hormone precursors (prohormones) or testosterone (steroids).
This all sounds pretty cool in theory but there’s a catch
To further enhance the muscle building potential of prohormones, the scientists change the molecular structure of the hormone precursor to intensify its anabolic nature. This slight change also causes it to be metabolized in a different way, leading to steroid-like dangerous side effects.
In the case of 1-testosterone, it’s steroid precursor 1-Androsterone has shown to greatly increase lean body mass, decrease fat, and enhance physical performance in just 4 weeks of supplementation. However, these impressive benefits also came with adverse effects including a compromised liver and cardiovascular system.
On the brighter side, there are a couple of things that make 1-testosterone unique.
- The slight difference in the molecular structure of 1-Androsterone means that it cannot be converted to estrogen and DHT, making it a more stable molecule. This also makes it twice as anabolic as testosterone.
- Has Cyclosome™ Delivery system which is described to be a “Trojan Horse” that allows the supplement to bypass the liver and into our circulation unharmed.
Additionally, there’s DHB. Paired with Hi-Tech Pharmaceutical’s Cyclosome™ Delivery system, 1-testosterone may potentially be better absorbed by our bodies, leading to better anabolic results.
Again, do keep in mind that 1-testosterone is NOT a natural testosterone booster. Despite its current legal status, professional and competitive athletes are still banned from taking prohormones and anabolic steroids.
Does it Work?
As a prohormone, 1-testosterone actually looks pretty promising because of its stability and enhanced absorption.
However, I’m more of a natural and safe kind of guy so I don’t really recommend this. If you’re getting more than a little bit impatient and are getting a tad bit desperate for muscle mass and strength though, you may be thinking about taking the prohormone route. If so, 1-testosterone by Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals could be a viable option for you.
- Stability – With its immunity to aromatization (conversion to estrogen), 1-testosterone gives you an edge in bodybuilding without having to worry about feminine side effects such as man bewbs.
- Enhanced absorption – Through its “Trojan Horse” approach and DHB
- Powerful – If anabolic activity (muscle growth) is what you’re after and you couldn’t care less about your internal organs, 1-testosterone has you covered.
- Side effects – Speaking of internal organs, prohormones and anabolic steroids are notorious for damaging the heart and liver. There’s also irritability and other testosterone side effects to worry about.
- Expensive – This is to be expected of prohormones though. Serious bodybuilding needs some serious cash.
- Other ingredients – Check the label. The “other ingredients” section is loaded with artificial colorings and fillers. Sure, it looks good but you don’t really need it.
The Bottom Line
1-testosterone is a powerful and potent anabolic supplement but given that its a prohormone, I’m not putting it nowhere near my favorite natural testosterone boosters. The risks involved in taking any kind of prohormone puts me in a tough spot recommending this to virtually anyone especially the casual gym-goers who’re just there for moderate exercise.
For all you insane lifting gym rats seeking for big (as in, BIG!) muscles that don’t necessarily compete in professional sports, 1-testosterone could be one of your best but dangerous bets.