Let’s face it. We’re greedy. And when it comes to testosterone, we not only want what’s effective, we want the most powerful. However, this greed can sometimes lead to steroid abuse which, as you probably already know, have deadly risks that not many of us are willing to take.
Enter testosterone boosters – the natural alternative to effectively increasing testosterone. Whatever your reason, whether it be sex, muscle, energy, mental clarity, or health in general, these supplements have your back. Here, I’ll show you what I think are the strongest testosterone boosters in the market as well as a few tips, tricks, and lessons to help you find what’s best for YOU. Are you ready? Then let’s get go!
DO MEN NEED STRONG TESTOSTERONE BOOSTERS?
To be honest, the answer is a little more complicated than just yes or no. Let me explain.
According to research, total testosterone peaks at around 19 years old but takes a noticeable dip at age 40. To give you a better picture, take a quick look at these numbers:
|Age||Average Total Testosterone|
|19||15.4 (7.2–31.1) nmol/L|
|40||13.0 (6.6–25.3) nmol/L|
As you can see, 13 nmol/L (T at 40) is clearly lower than 15.4 nmol/L (T at 19). This is because testosterone levels tend to drop by approximately 1% each year starting age 30. Essentially, the older you get, the lower your testosterone will be.
Also, since testosterone is in charge of virtually all our manly characteristics, these characteristics will also get weaker as T levels drop. Some of the symptoms (or side effects) of low T are as follows:
- Subpar sexual performance (low libido, soft erections, low sperm count, and poor sperm quality)
- Muscular weakness and fatigue
- Declining physique (fat gain, difficulty maintaining or growing muscle mass)
- Increasing frequency of mental lapses (mood swings, cognitive decline, sleep difficulties)
Of course, these aren’t the only areas that testosterone (or lack thereof) can affect. For instance, the health of your heart and bones can take a hit, too. However, these characteristics are probably the most obvious and perhaps the first ones you’ll notice.
So, if you’re an older man who’s experiencing trouble with these areas – don’t deny it – chances are, you probably have low T. In that case, YES, you do need to boost your testosterone and YES, you’re going to want a strong one, too. After all, why buy a supplement that’s only capable of marginal results when you can get one with more power, right?
- Put simply, a strong testosterone booster can help you regain what time has taken. You’ll feel stronger, smarter, more energetic, and be the beast in bed that you once were.
On the contrary, young men don’t typically need the strongest testosterone boosters.
These dudes are quite literally brimming with testosterone. Consequently, they’re enjoying the full effects of high T. However, that’s not to say they can’t benefit from a powerful testosterone booster.
You and I were both young once and I’m pretty sure we can both agree that back in our 20s, we still wanted more of everything – more sex, more muscle, more energy, just… more.
In that case, YES, all men – young and old – can benefit from a strong testosterone booster.
ARE TESTOSTERONE BOOSTERS SAFE AND LEGAL?
Unless your testosterone booster has some sort of banned substance (e.g., DHEA), then YES, they’re generally safe and legal.
Compared to prohormones and steroids, testosterone boosters don’t fuel your body with synthetic hormones to skyrocket your testosterone. Instead, T boosters use herbs, vitamins, minerals, and compounds that work within your body’s systems to naturally increase testosterone production. Because T boosters use natural ingredients, they’re generally free of any risky side effects, too.
WHAT SHOULD MEN LOOK FOR IN A STRONG TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER?
I’m a strong believer that the strength of a testosterone booster, or any supplement for that matter, is the measure of all its parts. Although powerful ingredients play a big role in determining a T booster’s power, the truth is that it’s really more about the supplement as a whole.
Having said, there are multiple things you should look for if you’re looking for a robust testo booster. So…
What features should the strongest testosterone boosters have?
Here, you’ll find scientific evidence, ingredients, and strategies that essentially make these features happen so pay close attention. Let’s start with what we’ve already talked about and go from there.
POWERFUL TESTOSTERONE BOOSTING INGREDIENTS
“A man is only as good as his tools”
This works for testosterone boosters as well. If you want a strong and powerful T booster, you’ve got to look for strong and powerful ingredients, too. Here are a few of the ingredients with scientifically proven T boosting numbers:
- Ashwagandha – This herb, particularly the KSM-66® brand, has research showing it can boost testosterone (17%) and LH (34%) – a hormone that signals for T production. Furthermore, as an adaptogen, it also helps manage stress and cortisol while also improving libido and several physical attributes.
- Tongkat Ali – Mostly known for its work on libido, TA is also quite the powerful testosterone booster with research showing 37% boosts in testosterone as well as 16% lower cortisol in moderately stressed people.
- Boron – This mineral doesn’t just boost T, it boosts androgens and other testosterone boosters. Particularly, it increases both testosterone and DHT in just 7 short days while also increasing levels of Vitamin D and Magnesium.
When talking about boosting testosterone, DAA is, to my knowledge, the single most powerful ingredient that T boosting products use. In fact, a majority of the best testosterone supplements this 2018 and last 2017 have built their formulas around this amino acid. Some, like Prime Male, even use the enhanced version, D-AA-CC.
Research has shown that it can boost testosterone by 42% in just 12 days. I mean, wow. That’s power! And efficiency to boot! The downside to DAA, however, is that it’s a sex-hormone supercharger, meaning it can also boost estrogen. Don’t worry though; we’ll talk about the solution in a bit.
MULTI-ANGULAR T BOOSTING
You see, testosterone synthesis is a process and like every process, it requires a few steps. This “process” is what’s called the hypothalamus-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis and the “steps”, as you might have already guessed, happen in each of the parts involved with the HPG axis (i.e., the hypothalamus, pituitary, and gonads).
In a nutshell:
- Your hypothalamus releases GnRH which attaches itself to the anterior pituitary.
- From there, your pituitary gland releases luteinizing hormone (LH) into your bloodstream until it reaches the Leydig Cells of your testicles.
- Your testicles (gonads) then start a chain of events that ultimately lead to the production of testosterone.
These “steps” have their own complex processes but basically, if any of them aren’t at their best, they can contribute to low T. Contrastingly, optimizing these steps can also lead to a more robust production of testosterone. Case in point, a strong testosterone booster has a design that allows it to calibrate these multiple processes which then gives it a better chance of working. Check out these ingredients:
- Mucuna Pruriens – This herb’s active ingredient, levodopa, is capable of crossing the blood brain barrier (BBB) which then stimulates dopamine, which then leads to an increase in LH.
- Zinc – Testosterone is converted from cholesterol and Zinc sharpens this conversion. Essentially, no Zinc = no T.
- Coleus Forskohlii – Sometimes, the problem isn’t the “steps” themselves but rather, the communication between them. In this case, this herb stimulates the release of cAMP which enhances the transmission of signals towards the Leydig cells.
SUSTAINED TESTOSTERONE PRODUCTION
Personally, I think the strongest testosterone boosters are ones that are able to sustain their powerful T boosts. I mean, I just can’t see any good use to boosting T if it isn’t there for the long haul. As such, I think the strongest of these supplements are the ones that can help you keep your testosterone levels elevated. Here are a few ingredients that can do just that:
Aromatase inhibitors are ingredients that inhibit the aromatase enzyme. By doing so, you limit your body’s conversion of testosterone into estrogen (yes, this happens), ultimately contributing to sustained levels of high T as well as lower levels of estrogen. The following two ingredients are probably the best in the business:
- Diindolylmethane (DIM) – DIM is a compound found in cruciferous vegetables. There’s plenty of research supporting its use as an aromatase inhibitor but sadly, these studies are mostly focused on women and the elderly.
- Luteolin – In my opinion, this is the better choice for regulating estrogen. It doesn’t seem to have as much research in its books as DIM but with what it already has, it looks more reliable and perhaps more effective.
If aromatase converts testosterone to estrogen, 5-AR converts T into another androgen known as DHT. Truth be told, the latter androgen is more potent than testosterone virtually everywhere else except skeletal muscle. Therefore, if you’re a young and developing dude, you won’t want to want to mess with DHT because you literally need it.
On the other hand, DHT’s extreme potency can be harmful to older gents who have developed a higher sensitivity to the hormone. This can lead to prostate issues as well as balding in genetically predisposed men. In this case, 5-AR inhibitors that bring down DHT levels not only help protect men’s prostates and hairlines, they can help maintain higher testosterone, too. Check these out:
- Stinging Nettle – Extracts of this plant have the ability to inhibit the 5-AR enzyme. In theory, this means it’s capable of lowering DHT levels (and boost T) while also protecting the scalp and prostate.
- Saw Palmetto – You’re likely going to see this berry in balding and prostate treatments and that’s because of its ability to limit the conversion of testosterone to DHT. Consequently, I’ve seen T boosters for older men use it, too.
Per research, Fenugreek is both an aromatase and 5-AR inhibitor. This means that it’s capable of stopping the conversion of testosterone into both estrogen and DHT. What an herb, eh?
Furthermore, the same research also showed Fenugreek having fat-burning properties when paired with a resistance-training program.
Cortisol is the human body’s main stress hormone and it becomes elevated when a person is, well… stressed. As I’m sure you already know, stress can come in many shapes and sizes, be it emotional, mental, or even physical stress such as exercise. Unfortunately though, high levels of stress (cortisol) can lower levels of testosterone. This is where adaptogens come in.
According to an article from the European Medicines Agency, the term “adaptogen” was coined back in 1947, referring to substances that can increase the body’s resistance to stress. In the case of the strongest testosterone boosters and sustaining high levels of T, these adaptogens are clearly beneficial. Here are some of the best ones:
- Panax (Asian/Red) Ginseng and Siberian Ginseng – These herbs come from different families but what’s really more important here is that both of them have comparable benefits, particularly with regards to fighting stress and fatigue.
- Rhodiola Rosea – From the high mountains of Siberia, this herb’s adaptogenic properties are unique in that it doesn’t seem to lower cortisol and boost T. Instead, it maintains these levels in time of turmoil.
Two other adaptogens used in testosterone boosters are Ashwagandha and Tongkat Ali – both herbs we’ve already discussed on the previous feature.
Aside from these other hormones, there are other things that the strongest testosterone boosters do to sustain their power
One other thing is inhibiting prolactin which is, of course, another hormone. Like cortisol, prolactin interrupts the HPG axis from producing testosterone. In this case, Mucuna Pruriens does a damn good job.
When I say “complimentary ingredients”, I mean ingredients that can enhance the feel of the testosterone booster.
I know, I know. That opened a whole new can of worms but let me explain.
You see, the strongest testosterone boosters have designs that are unique from other T supplements. This individual design gives them strengths in specific areas of male health and perhaps a relative weakness in others. Furthermore, this also makes them better for certain demographics. For example:
- Prime Male – For low T in older men over their 30s
- TestoFuel – For younger dudes who want more muscle
- EVL Test – For an athlete’s growth and recovery
- Quantum T – For 24-hour testosterone support
- Performance Lab SPORT T-Booster – Virtually equal in all areas (extreme versatility)
Now, the examples I’ve shown you have “complimentary ingredients” that also boost testosterone. These not only enhances the feel of their benefits, they amplify the T boosting power as well. In my opinion, that’s a huge part of why they’re the strongest.
However, some of the less powerful testosterone products use complementary ingredients that don’t actually boost T. Here are a few examples:
- Maca – Regardless of dosage, maca doesn’t seem to have a hint of T boosting but it does look great for libido, sperm, and stress.
- Horny Goat Weed – Boosts libido and improves erectile dysfunction but doesn’t look capable of increasing test.
- Tribulus Terrestris – This herb can probably boost testosterone in older men with low T but for the general population, it simply boosts sex drive.
- L-Arginine – Great for blood flow which can be beneficial for erections and muscle pumps but it doesn’t look capable of boosting testosterone.
RECAP: THE STRONGEST TESTOSTERONE BOOSTERS
|T-Booster Supplement||My Review||Website|
|#1 – Performance Lab SPORT T-Booster||My Review||www.performancelab.com|
|#2 – Prime Male||My Review||www.primemale.com|
|#3 – TestoFuel||My Review||www.testofuel.com|
|#4 – EVL Test||My Review||www.evlnutrition.com|
|#5 – Quantum T||My Review||www.mtheorysupplements.com|
In a nutshell, I think the strongest and most powerful testosterone boosters the market has to offer are ones that are a combination of powerful ingredients and effective design. These ingredients have to be research-backed testosterone boosters that optimize T production from all angles and the design has to help your body sustain the boosted T as well as make you feel the benefits you’re after.
If I may add though, do make sure to check the quality and dosage of ALL the ingredients as much as possible. You see, even with powerful ingredients and a solid design, without appropriate dosages and superior quality, the supplement likely won’t perform at its maximum, or at all.