Quick Take: If you’re an athlete or even if you’re just in to sports and bodybuilding, you’ve probably heard of the legendary ZMA but, have you heard of ZMO? If not, then today’s your luck day because that’s exactly what we’re talking about in today’s review. Basically, it’s a stack of Zinc, Magnesium, and Oyster extract and ALL these ingredients are pretty darn good for testosterone. Let’s start!
- A product of Transparent Labs, ZMO is a “testosterone support complex” under the brand’s StrengthSeries of supplements
- ZMO stands for Zinc, Magnesium, and Oyster
- These ingredients are given in potent, easy-to-absorb forms
- Oyster has the heaviest dose, clocking in it a massive 500 mg
- Advertised to be “the true solution to nighttime muscle recovery and sleep support”
- I couldn’t find ZMO on both Amazon and GNC but if you want to buy it, TransparentLabs does worldwide shipping (except to a few select countries).
Transparent Labs ZMO Ingredients
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Glycinate Chelate Buffered)||144 mg|
|Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate)||10 mg|
|Oyster Meat Powder||500 mg|
Transparent Labs ZMO’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Magnesium – Involved in over 300 enzymatic/metabolic reactions, Magnesium is undoubtedly essential to physical health. Specifically when it comes to testosterone, this mineral can inhibit the T-binding activities of SHBG and lower levels of oxidative stress which would then lead to higher levels of “free” testosterone. Furthermore, Magnesium has also been known to help improve the quality of sleep.
Did you know? Transparent Labs ZMO supplies a form of Magnesium that, to my observation, is rarely used by testosterone products. In particular, it uses Magnesium Glycinate Chelate Buffered.
To my understanding, the glycine molecule acts as a “buffer” that lowers pH levels in our intestines, ultimately leading to an improvement in magnesium’s supposedly low bioavailability. This also minimizes the gastric side effects often linked with other, cheaper magnesium supplements (e.g., magnesium oxide).
Zinc – This mineral is an antioxidant that’s popularly used to improve one’s immunity. Perhaps more importantly to Transparent Labs ZMO, however, Zinc also acts as a raw material in the production of testosterone. In essence, no zinc=no test. Moreover, research has found that Zinc supplementation prevents the decline of testosterone that typically happens after exhausting training sessions (i.e., sport-specific training, bodybuilding, etc).
Oyster – Probably since even before your grandpa was born, Oysters have been believed to be natural libido boosters. However, modern science has uncovered that it’s actually more. In fact, it’s the richest food source of Zinc and it even has other testosterone boosting nutrients such as Magnesium, trace amounts of B6, and probably even DAA.
Transparent Labs ZMO Directions
Each serving of Transparent Labs ZMO consists of 2 capsules and as instructed, we men are to take 1 serving (2 capsules) with 12 ounces of water per day. For optimal results, Transparent Labs ZMO also suggests taking the capsules on an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before bed.
Transparent Labs ZMO is a pretty straight-forward product. Basically, ZMO stands for the ingredients that it used which are Zinc, Magnesium, and Oyster. This is different from the classic ZMA triad because instead of combining Vitamin B6 with the two minerals, Transparent Labs opts to go with Oyster.
Personally, I find this very unique and innovative as not a lot of other products stack these 3 together. More than that though, I think Transparent Labs ZMO is more efficient at boosting testosterone than the original and more popular ZMA formula. Why, you ask? Well, the answer is simple.
BETTER INGREDIENT QUALITY
Most other supplements that use Zinc and Magnesium usually go with the cheaper but harder-to-absorb oxide and aspartate forms. Transparent Labs ZMO? it goes with Zinc Picolinate and Magnesium Glycinate Chelate Buffered which are premium, expensive, and highly bioavailable forms of these two manly minerals.
However, with just 10 mg for Zinc and 144 mg for magnesium, Transparent Labs ZMO didn’t actually do these two justice.
…Or did they?
You see, Oyster is naturally rich in these two minerals, especially Zinc. In particular, you get about 74 mg of Zinc and 49.3 mg of Magnesium per 3 ounces of oyster. Now, I don’t actually know how much Zinc and Magnesium is in Transparent Labs ZMO’s Oyster Extract because it’s not specified and different extracts have varying potencies but I do know one thing – at 500 mg, the dosage on this stack’s oyster is heavy.
Does it Work?
According to Transparent Labs, these are, word-for-word, the possible benefits of ZMO:
- A Better nights rest
- Higher natural energy levels over time
- Better performance gains
- Higher testosterone in men
Going by those claims, I say YES, ZMO works and similar to ZMA, I think it fits athletic/highly active men best as a recovery supplement. It calms you down which allows you to sleep better at night so you wake up feeling fresh and recovered in the morning, allowing you to grind it out again in the gym. The boosted testosterone also allows for better protein synthesis so your muscles literally grow while you rest. Of course, better libido and general well-being comes with this too.
- Transparent – No proprietary blends means all dosages and ingredient qualities are on full disclosure. Transparent Labs lives up to its name.
- Zinc and Magnesium – Both these minerals are manly as is but they’re made even better here on Transparent Labs ZMO because of superior bioavailability.
- Oyster extract – The heavy dose of Oyster makes up for the subpar dosage of the two above minerals.
- Innovative – Who knows? Maybe we might see more manufacturers use ZMO instead of ZMA in the near future
- One-sided – As good as it is, other products are more well-rounded. ZMO is more of a specialized night-time stack that’s meant to bolster recovery during sleep.
- Exclusive – I’m not too sure about this but I don’t think you can buy this anywhere else except from Transparent Labs. At the very least, I couldn’t find it on GNC and Amazon.
- Too much Zinc? – The question mark isn’t a typo. Like I said, I don’t exactly know how much Zinc is in this stack’s Oyster extract but in any case, do monitor your Zinc intake as too much overtime can cause prostate issues.
The Bottom Line
To me, transparent Labs ZMO is a specialized night-time testosterone booster that helps your muscles recover by putting you to sleep and boosting your T. That said, it’s not actually all that well-rounded but it does what it’s supposed to do. For a more complete testosterone boosting experience, try stacking this supplement with a more powerful test booster that you can take during the day.