Quick Take: Back when I was a teenager, I would force my dad to lend me his Mercedes so I could pick up chicks at wherever party I was going. Sometimes he’d let me drive it, other times he won’t. What I noticed though was that he would only let me borrow his car IF the gasoline was nearing empty and that annoyed me so much because, yeah, I would get looks from the babes but I can’t take them anywhere else because I only had enough fuel for the ride home. That’s kind of how I feel about TestoJack. It has all the right ingredients to be a great test booster but with dosages bordering on useless. Find out more in this review.
- A product of NOW foods, TestoJack 100 is a part of their Sports Nutrition line of supplements.
- This is advertised to be a “Male Performance Formula” that “Supports Healthy Sexual Activity”
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon and GNC
- ZMA®, as in the original blend of ZMA from SNAC Systems, Inc.
- LJ100® is a concentrated and branded form of Tongkat Ali
- Tribulus terrestris standardized to a minimum of 45% saponins
TestoJack 100 Ingredients
|Vitamin B-6 (from Pyridoxine HCl)||3 mg|
|Magnesium (from Magnesium Aspartate)||140 mg|
|Zinc (from Zinc Mono-L-methionine and Zinc Aspartate)||9 mg|
|ZMA® (complex of Zinc Mono-L-methionine,
Magnesium/Zinc Aspartate, and Pyridoxine HCl)
|Tribulus terrestris Extract (Fruit) (min. 45% Saponins)||250 mg|
|LJ100® (Eurycoma longifolia Extract) (Root)
(min. 22% Eurypeptides)
TestoJack 100’s T-Boosters
Vitamin B6 – Although not supplied at its best form (P-5-P is better), pyridoxine HCl is still a pretty good vitamin for testosterone.
Magnesium – Also not at the best form but Magnesium still is good for T by blocking the binding activity of SHBG
Zinc – This is my favorite test boosting mineral. It serves as a raw material for testosterone AND signals for the synthesis and release of T, too.
ZMA® – Well, what’s inside this formula are those three ingredients above. This just comes in a branded form of what looks like the original blend of ZMA.
LJ100® – Primarily used for it’s benefits in male vitality and virility, Tongkat Ali may also secondarily influence testosterone. As this study shows, it can increase test levels by 37% and decrease cortisol by 16%.
Tribulus Terrestris – This is an adaptogenic herb that’s mainly used for libido enhancement. It’s not really a T-booster but being standardized at 45% saponins, this ingredient could possibly make the body more responsive to androgens like testosterone.
TestoJack 100 Directions
Take 2 capsules (1 serving) daily with food either as needed or as prescribed by your doctor.
If you noticed, there’re only 6 ingredients on the list and all those ingredients range from great to decent when it comes to form and T-boosting potential. That’s a good sign if you ask me. This tells me that TestoJack 100 isn’t taking any unnecessary side-trips to achieving their goal. Now, the real question here is, does this supplement have the fuel (or the dosage) to make it to the finish line?
First, let’s start with Vitamin B6. According to this study, being deficient in this vitamin means a reduced rate of testosterone synthesis which essentially makes this great for maintaining healthy levels of testosterone. That’s good, right? Yeah, but not quite. See, the extremely low dose of 3 mg kind of makes this a useless addition to the blend.
Magnesium is great for boosting levels of “free” testosterone. There isn’t a specific dosage where this ingredient makes a positive effect on T levels but 140 mg also seems like it’s on the low end. Zinc may be my favorite T-boosting mineral but like Vitamin B6 and Magnesium, the dosage is disappointing.
Next, we have the trademarked brand of the tried and tested ZMA®. This has been around the bodybuilding scene for so long, it’s somewhat legendary. This 3-headed dragon of Vitamin B6, Magnesium, and Zinc have been used by athletes and bodybuilders alike as a compliment to their training not just for test boosting, but also because it aids in recovery and promoting deeper sleep for faster muscle growth. Given at a HEAVY dose of 808 mg, this is as close as it gets to anabolic heaven.
Next on the list is Tongkat Ali at the branded form of LJ100®. Primarily used as a sex enhancer but you have got to admit – a 37% increase in testosterone is a lot to be happy about. The dosage of 50 mg is low though but given that it’s a branded form with a 100:1 ratio and has 22% Eurypeptides, it MIGHT be enough to boost testosterone by a little bit. Tribulus, well, it’s not a T-booster but you do get awesome sex and awesome sex is always, well.. awesome.
Does it Work?
There’s a heavy dose of the trademarked ZMA® in the formula so I’m pretty sure it does. However, considering that it’s pretty much the only adequately dosed ingredient in the list, I’m assuming the T-boosts won’t be anything ground-breaking. On the customer reviews I’ve read, positive comments about gym performance were made mostly by young men who don’t necessarily need a whole lot of testosterone boosts to start with. Though, older men could still benefit from this formula by having their T levels return to normal/near-normal and making their wives happier in the bedroom with libido boosts.
- Simple – NOW foods didn’t make this formula complicated by adding a whole lot of ingredients that don’t have anything to do with natural boosts in testosterone.
- ZMA® – Tried, tested, and heavily dosed.
- Transparent – It’s always nice seeing ALL the dosages of every ingredient not hidden inside a prop blend.
- No Side Effects – At dosages this low, I wouldn’t expect any to be reported anyway.
- Dosage – While the ingredients are pretty good choices, the dosages are generally low.
- Low Boosts – This is to be expected with low dosed ingredients.
- Too Simple – Considering that Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6 are all part of the ZMA trio, the formula has essentially only 3 ingredients in ZMA®, LJ100®, and Tribulus.
- Reputation – Well, it’s really not that bad. It’s just that some people confuse NOW foods products because of similar names and labels. Some people confuse this as TestoJack 200 which is why they get disappointed with the results.
The Bottom Line
Just like my dad’s Mercedes, TestoJack 100 has the right ingredients to be an awesome T-booster but doesn’t have enough fuel (dosage) to take you anywhere far. If you’re looking to improve your bodybuilding and bedroom performance without necessarily a whole lot of testosterone boosts, then sure. Take it. I personally wouldn’t rank it as one the best T-boosters though. But if you’re like me that want supplements with a tank full of fuel, you need to see this.