Quick Take: Test HD Super Elite is an intriguing mix between well-known testosterone boosters and exotic herbs. These ingredients are all given in potent forms, too. However, what strikes me most about this supplement is its combination of ingredients. Now, I won’t be saying how good (or bad?) this combination is right here. To know more, you’re going to have to read the review.
- A product of MuscleTech, Test HD Super Elite is designed to be“a dual-action anabolic and anti-catabolic formula designed to increase testosterone production”
- Is a mixture of staple testosterone boosting ingredients and exotic herbs
- Aside from lacking scientific evidence, a couple of these exotic herbs are likely ineffective because of terrible dosages.
- The quality of the ingredients is impressive. I think it’s safe to say MuscleTech wasn’t being cheap when it designed Test HD Super Elite.
- Boron is generally a good thing when it comes to natural testosterone boosters but it might be the antagonist here on Test HD Super Elite
- Surprisingly, it’s currently not available on the MuscleTech website and on GNC. You can buy it on Amazon though.
Test HD Super Elite Ingredients
|Zinc (as zinc gluconate)||15 mg|
|Super Elite FTS³|
|Sensoril® ashwagandha extract (as Withania somnifera) (root and leaf)||125 mg|
|Pedalium extract (as Pedalium murex) (aerial parts) Supplying 20% saponins||10 mg|
|Broccoli (as Brassica oleracia) (florets) Supplying diindolylmethane (DIM)||10 mg|
|Boron citrate Standardized for 10% boron||100 mg|
|Amla extract (as Emblica officinalis) (fruit)||10 mg|
|Grape extract (as Vitis vinifera) (seed) Standardized for 95% proanthocyanidins||10 mg|
|BioPerine® black pepper extract (as Piper nigrum) (fruit) Standardized for 95% piperine||5.3 mg|
Test HD Super Elite – Ingredients Review
Zinc – For the simple reason that your body can’t make testosterone without Zinc, I personally think it’s the most important mineral for test. Aside from that, it also helps maintain high levels of T after exercise.
Super Elite FTS³
- Sensoril® (Ashwagandha) – In this branded form, this herb is standardized to contain a higher content of withanolide glycoside. According to the results of a research, Ashwagandha is useful in sports and bodybuilding because it increases muscle mass and strength as well as testosterone.
- Pedalium – Historically used alongside the more popular Tribulus Terrestris, Pedalium seems to share similar benefits with TT. Research is scarce on Pedalium though but there are a few animal studies pointing towards its ability to potentially increase testosterone.
- Broccoli – This cruciferous vegetable contains DIM. Research on DIM is done more on women but it does show anti-aromatase properties. At just 10 mg though, it’s basically just paperweight.
- Boron – In citrate form, the Test HD Super Elite version of Boron is what you’d want in a testosterone booster. Dosage is solid, too.
Amla – According to a research that studied multiple Thai plants for their natural ability to inhibit 5-alpha-reductase, Amla (Emblica officinalis) was the second most potent inhibitor. Theoretically, this means it can boost testosterone by preventing its conversion to DHT.
- Grape – Theoretically, grape extracts can lower estrogen by blocking the aromatase enzyme. Furthermore, it might also increase nitric oxide and thereby improve blood flow.
BioPerine® – No testosterone boosts whatsoever but Bioperine still plays a crucial role in the Test HD Super Elite formula by improving nutrient absorption.
Test HD Super Elite Directions
Each serving of Test HD Super Elite consists of 3 capsules. MuscleTech instructs taking 1 serving (3 capsules) once per day.
If there’s one thing that impresses me about Test HD Super Elite, it’s the quality of its ingredients. I mean, literally everything here is high-grade material which makes them more potent compared to their “normal” counterparts. Plus, there’s BioPerine to make the nutrient absorption all the more efficient.
However, when it comes to dosage, Test HD Super Elite has a few ingredients that seem to lack adequate milligrams. In particular, Broccoli’s 10 mg dosage doesn’t look it can supply a good load of DIM. Furthermore, a couple of exotic ingredients in Pedalium and Grape look severely under dosed. These ingredients weren’t very reliable to start with though.
Regarding the remaining ingredients of Test HD Super Elite, they do get adequate dosages to work and individually, they also look very promising. However, the way I see it, they lack the synergy to bring out the best in each other. In fact, they even cancel out some of their benefits.
In particular, Sensoril is an adaptogen that lowers cortisol and Amla is capable of lowering DHT. Through these mechanisms, they’re able to boost testosterone and help promote anabolism. However, the same research that showed Boron boosting “free” testosterone in just 7 days also shows an increase in cortisol and DHT.
Test HD Super Elite Benefits: Does it Work?
Despite its imperfections, I still believe Test HD Super Elite works. However, it has a long way to go before I even begin considering it one of the best testosterone supplements in the market.
Nonetheless, Test HD Super Elite is designed to help men develop their muscles by boosting “free” testosterone while lowering estrogen and SHBG. This results in a more anabolic/anti-catabolic internal environment. Test HD SuperElite might also be capable of lowering cortisol and DHT but these effects are likely minimal.
Test HD Super Elite Review Summary
- MuscleTech – This brand has been making all kinds of bodybuilding products for a long, long time.
- Quality – The quality of the Test HD Super Elite ingredients is simply superb
- Safe and natural – None of these herbs will give you any dangerous side effects
- Counterproductive – Generally, seeing Boron is a big plus in my book. Here on Test HD Super Elite though, it neutralizes a bit of Sensoril and Amla’s effectiveness.
- Dosage derps – Broccoli, Pedalium, and Grape could use more milligrams
- Weak T boosts – You can thank the two above bullets for this
- Lack of reviews – Maybe because it’s a new supplement, Amazon has literally no customer reviews and ratings.
The Bottom Line
I’ve had big hopes for Test HD Super Elite simply because it was made by MuscleTech. However, to be truly honest, I’m disappointed with how this product came to be. The main reason for this is that although it has a bunch of solid ingredient, their combinations nullify some of its benefits.