Quick Take: There’s a rebel in each of us. Sometimes we just want to go against the current and paddle the opposite way. Things like this happen and that’s completely normal. But why am I saying this? It’s because some athletes throw shade at some of the biggest supplement companies because of a few weak products. This isn’t the case for MuscleTech’s Test 3X SX-7 Black Onyx though. This is a T-boosting stack coming from a big company delivering BIG results. I’ll show you why in this review.
Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx Features
- Test 3x is a T-boosting stack produced by one of the biggest brands in bodybuilding – MuscleTech.
- It’s part of their SX-7 Black Onyx line of supplements.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon and GNC
- This T-booster is advertised to be “THE MOST POWERFUL & HARDCORE 3-IN-1 TESTOSTERONE BOOSTING FORMULA” in today’s market.
- Anytime I see DAA in a T-boosters formula, I’m happy.
- Sensoril® is a branded Ashwagandha extract that’s meant to revitalize the mind & body
- Tribulus fruit extract standardized for 45% saponins.
Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx Ingredients
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||2 mg|
|Folic Acid||200 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||1 mcg|
|Zinc (as Zinc Gluconate)||30 mg|
|Test Extreme Matrix|
|D-Aspartic Acid (DAA)||3.12 g|
|Tribulus fruit extract (as Tribulus terrestris)
Standardized for 45% saponins
|Boron citrate Supplying 5% boron||200 mg|
|Ashwagandha root and leaf extract (as Withania somnifera) (Sensoril®)||125 mg|
|Safed musli root extract (as Chlorophytum borivilianum)||100 mg|
|Yacon root (as Smallanthus sonchifolius)||100 mg|
|Olive leaf extract (as Olea europaea)
Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx’s T-Boosters
Vitamin B6 – While Vitamin B6 does show promise as a T-booster, the form supplied here isn’t the best (P-5-P is better) and the 2 mg dosage is definitely in the lower end of the spectrum.
Zinc – Think of this mineral as the gasoline that fuels our body’s muscle car called testosterone. Directly fueling testosterone-synthesis at a heavy dose of 30 mg and coming as a decent form of gluconate – this is definitely a plus in my book.
Test Extreme Matrix – If Test 3x does indeed enhance T levels, it’ll be thanks to this bad boy.
- D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) – There’s a reason why this is the primary ingredient in some of the most potent T-boosters. There’s a study that suggests a 42% increase in T levels after just 12 days.
- Boron citrate supplying 5% boron – This is probably the second best mineral for boosting T (Zinc is #1). There’s a study that supports boron as a T-booster by increasing levels of free T and DHT while also decreasing estriadol.
- Ashwagandha – Coming in as top shelf and branded Sensoril®, it helps in boosting T as an adaptogenic herb that lowers levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
Folic Acid – Mainly used as a supplement for pregnant women, I honestly don’t know why this is even here.
Vitamin B12 – Okay, I get that it’s part of the formula because it does benefit male sexual health but it’s not a T booster.
Tribulus Terrestris – It’s probably here for the similar reasons as Vitamin B12. Boosts libido but not really a T booster.
Chlorophytum borivilianum – Again, more of these herbs that make men horny but don’t really boost T. This study shows no significant increase in T levels after Safed Musli supplementation.
Yacon root – While there is a study that suggests a connection between T levels and Yacon, it’s not very clear evidence. The study suggests that Yacon does help in inhibiting the degradation of testosterone but it doesn’t necessarily boost T.
Olive leaf – Here’s another questionable ingredient. According to this study, Olive leaf actually decreases male sexual health. I’m scratching my head right now as I wonder why this ingredient is even part of the formula.
Test 3x SX-7 Black Onyx Directions
A serving is 4 caplets. Take 1 serving a day with water. Do not exceed 4 caplets in a 24-hour period.
Test 3X is advertised to work as a 3-in-1 T-booster. It does this by:
- Increasing testosterone
- Decreasing estriadol
- controlling cortisol
The way the I see it, Test 3X’s Test Extreme Matrix does all the heavy lifting with support from a few other key ingredients. It looks to deliver results as a 3-in-1 T-booster, hitting multiple angles at increasing T. It’s a pretty versatile formula if you ask me. DAA here uses your body’s natural mechanisms, and as a product, directly increasing levels of testosterone. And Zinc, being the raw material, is the catalyst in this T-synthesizing goodness.
In terms of decreasing estriadol, Test 3X has you covered with another T-boosting mineral in Boron. And if the T-boosting you got from DAA and Zinc isn’t enough, Boron has also shown signs of promise in increasing T and DHT. Big thumbs up for this one.
Ashwaganda, being an adaptogen, is here to take the reigns in cortisol control. Whatever life throws at you to decrease those manly T’s, ashwaganda is here to fight that stress. Keep in mind that the more stressed you are, the lesser T you have. So with ashwaganda in the formula, you not only boost T and build muscle, you feel relatively stress-free too.
Now about those other ingredients. They’re not really T-boosters. BUT! They do promote male sexual health which really isn’t that bad afterall. Well, except for Olive Leaf. This doesn’t need to be here AT ALL. While I do have my doubts on some dosages and ingredients (Vitamin B6 and Folic Acid), Test 3X is generally a strong T-booster.
Did you know? Cortisol is also known as the aging hormone. As levels of cortisol remain high overtime, you develop chronic stress which affects all your body’s systems, causing you to experience different signs of aging. Adaptogens are herbs that can fight stress and keep cortisol in check. Some adaptogens may also help with testosterone, including ginseng, ashwagandha, and rhodiola.
Does it Work?
Hell yeah, it does. In terms of T-boosting, Test 3X’s Test Extreme Matrix has it all covered. The combination DAA+Zinc, Boron, and Ashwaganda looks to make sure that it has all the angles covered. I believe this matrix will have your hormonal equilibrium overclocked like a Mustang on boost, making sure that your T stays elevated, your estrogens stay low, and your stress at bay. The rest of the ingredients are also there to provide some libido boosting incase a hot chick needs a spot on the squat rack. If you’re the meathead looking for some serious T gains or the older gent looking to restore his youthful T, this is the supplement you’re looking for.
- Test Extreme Matrix – I just love how this matrix tackles T-boosts at different angles
- 3-in-1 benefits – Ups the T, downs the estrogen, and regulates cortisol. Can’t get a lot better than that.
- NO PROP BLENDS – I can’t tell you in a few lines how much I hate prop blends. Thank God there’s none here.
- No reported side effects – At least in the reviews I’ve seen. Also, generally good customer feedback on this too.
- Some Questionable ingredients – I mean, there’s Olive Leaf and Folic Acid. I would’ve preferred more Zinc, DAA, or Boron.
- Low dose & quality Vitamin B6 – Vitamin B6 is a decent T-booster but the dosage and the form used here is subpar.
- Expensive – If you’ve got a full wallet, this won’t be a problem to you but for men with more responsibilities, the price on this is probably too high.
The Bottom Line
To end my review, I can say that in my opinion, Test 3X is a strong T-booster. I can’t say enough about the potency and versatility of the ingredients in the Test Extreme Matrix. These are some of the BEST natural T-boosters used in today’s T-boosting game. Although, admitedly, there are quite a few duds here too. Eitherway, even if they don’t boost T, they do still improve male health which, depending on how you see it, can be added bonus.