Quick Take: Super Test by Beast Sports is an athlete-inspired testosterone booster that’s designed to enhance muscle gains and exercise performance. It does this by utilizing the powers of ZMA plus several proprietary blends who manage different hormones, boost nitric oxide, and protect the liver. The result is an impressive anabolic formula that’s worthy of the “super” moniker. Let’s get to the review.
- Super Test® is meant to be Beast Sports’ super testosterone formula.
- As advertised, Beast Sports labs designed this to promote muscle mass and strength by enhancing testosterone and nitric oxide production
- Also promotes libido and healthy kidneys & liver
- 20+ ingredients are divided into 5 adequately dosed prop blends based on their purpose.
- This is a newer formulation that now comes in powdered form with an “Ice T” flavor.
- This newer design seems to only be available on the Beast Sports website. Although, you can still buy the older bottles on both Amazon and GNC.
Super Test Ingredients
|Total Carbohydrates||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||5 mg|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate)||22.5 mg|
|Zinc (as Zinc Citrate)||13.5 mg|
|Anabolic Testosterone Support Complex||1,000 mg|
|Puncture Vine (Whole Plant) Extract 40% Saponins including: [25-d-spirosta-3, 5-diene, 5-alpha-furost-20(22)-en-12-one-3-beta, 26-diol, 5-alpha-furostan-12-one-3 beta, 22, 26-triol, Protodioscin], Suma Powder (Root), Ashwagandha Extract (Root)(2.5% Withanolides), Chlorophytum Extract (Root), Rhodiola Extract (Root), Fenugreek Extract (Seed), Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) Extract (Root), Chaste Tree Extract (Fruit), Winged Treebine Extract (Leaf).|
|Nitric Oxide Support Complex||500 mg|
|L-Arginine, Agmatine Sulfate, Arginine Ethyl Ester, Di-Arginine Malate|
|Estrogen Control Factors||200 mg|
|Japanese Knotweed Extract (Root), Diindolylmethane, Calcium D-Glucarate|
|Liver & Kidney Detoxification Support||190 mg|
|Milk Thistle Extract (Seed), Cranberry Extract (Fruit)|
|Cyanotis Vaga Extract (Root)||184 mg|
|DHT Control Factors||150 mg|
|Nettle Root Powder, Pygeum Africanum Extract (Bark), Pumpkin Seed Extract|
Super Test’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin B6 – Research suggests depletion of this vitamin might also lead to lower levels of testosterone. Granted, this specific research is done on rats so it’s not necessarily strong evidence but for what it’s worth, there still is testosterone boosting potential.
Magnesium – This mineral inhibits a compound that neutralizes testosterone known as SHBG. By blocking SHBG, Magnesium is then able to increase levels of “free” testosterone.
Zinc – As a raw material needed in testosterone synthesis, no zinc simply means no test.
Sodium – Considering that you and I both are likely getting too much sodium as part of our everyday diets, I don’t really see the need for this to be here. Nevertheless, 40 mg is a low dosage so this should be fine.
Anabolic Testosterone Support Complex
- Puncture Vine (Tribulus Terrestris) – Despite heavy marketing, Tribulus is NOT a testosterone booster but at this heavily standardized extract, it will get you horny.
- Suma Powder – AKA Brazilian Ginseng, Suma is an adaptogen that helps the body fight stress.
- Ashwagandha – Also an adaptogen, this herb helps the body fight stress. As research suggests, it’s capable of lowering levels of oxidative stress (cortisol) while also positively influencing testosterone.
Chlorophytum – Otherwise known as Spider Plant but unlike the creepy bugger, it’s actually quite healthy. It’s been known to have high amounts of protein, magnesium, and antioxidants.
- Rhodiola – Aaand, more adaptogens and as adaptogens go, it primarily helps protect against oxidative stress which enables it to maintain post-workout levels of testosterone while also lowering levels of estrogen.
- Fenugreek – Primarily a libido and physical performance enhancer but it also boosts “free” testosterone by blocking its conversion into either DHT or estrogen.
- Tongkat Ali – Traditionally used for sex but a study does show that TA can boost testosterone while also lowering levels of stress.
- Chaste Tree – Formerly used by monks to help maintain their celibacy. Modern science seems to justify this as a study states that it lowers levels of testosterone and libido. Uhh, not sure I want that here.
- Winged Treebine – Helps preserve muscle tissue in times of stress.
Nitric Oxide Support Complex
- L-Arginine – An amino acid that converts to Nitric Oxide resulting in better blood flow. This makes it a common PWO supplement but the increase in circulation to the testicles might also indirectly support test.
- Agmatine Sulfate, Arginine Ethyl Ester, Di-Arginine Malate are all metabolites of L-Arginine, theoretically allowing Super Test to hit more angles at boosting NO
Estrogen Control Factors
Japanese Knotweed – Contains Resveratrol which, according to this study, has anti-estrogenic properties.
- Diindolylmethane – Used in test boosting products to help regulate estrogen but studies on this effect is mostly centered around women and has even shown to decrease testosterone in specific cases.
- Calcium D-Glucarate – This study states a multitude of healthy benefits regarding this substance including fat-burning and anti-estrogen.
Liver & Kidney Detoxification Support
- Milk Thistle – A popular supplement in bodybuilding to help protect the liver from the side effects of steroids and pro-hormones
- Cranberry – A heavily researched plant for its benefits on kidney or renal health
Cyanotis Vaga – Contains ecdysteroids, which according to this journal, stimulates muscle growth which then leads to better athletic performance.
DHT Control Factors
- Nettle – This herb is mostly concerned with boosting “free” testosterone with bioactivities including the blocking of aromatase, 5a-reductase, and SHBG.
- Pygeum Africanum – This study shows that this ingredient is good for prostate health but it’s also a potent DHT blocker.
- Pumpkin Seed – According to to this study, Pumpkin Seed has shown to block the action of 5a-reductase.
Super Test Directions
Honestly? I don’t know. Beast Sports doesn’t actually disclose on their website how to best take Super Test. However, since this is quite similar to the previous Super Test formula, I’m quite confident they’re taken in a similar way.
- Take 1 serving (1 scoop) of Super Test before breakfast and another one before dinner for a total of servings (2 scoops) per day.
This is a revamped version of the previous Super Test formula so let’s talk about the changes first. That said, there really aren’t a lot of changes done. Primarily though, the most obvious update is how Super Test transitioned from using capsules to powder that now comes with flavor.
As far as I know, Super Test only comes in “Ice T” flavor which I’m assuming should taste how it sounds – iced tea.
Next, I also noticed a slight dip in Zinc and Magnesium’s dosage and when I say slight, I really do mean it. Considering that Super Test, I assume, is taken twice a day, there shouldn’t be any noticeable decline and if there is, it should be minor. With the added sodium which at 40 mg seems negligible, there aren’t anymore changes to the Super Test design. That said, let me walk you through what each of Super Test’s prop blends can do.
- Anabolic Testosterone Support Complex
- It has a relatively large number of adaptogens which should work darn well for bodybuilding. Not only will it help maintain testosterone levels after intense physical activity by regulating cortisol, it also helps protect the muscles from excessive damage resulting in bolstered muscle growth and recovery.
- Nitric Oxide Support Complex
- Super Test has regular L-Arginine plus 3 metabolites of the amino acid. Theoretically, this should engage nitric oxide production in separate pathways, leading to a more efficient boost in circulation that you can take advantage of both in the gym and in the bedroom.
- Estrogen Control Factors & DHT Control Factors
- All the ingredients in both blends are capable of decreasing levels of estrogen and DHT. This should give you better numbers of bioavailable test that’s ready to engage your muscle’s T-receptors. Plus, there’s the added fat-burning from Calcium D-Glucarate.
- Liver & Kidney Detoxification Support
- Even if you don’t take steroids/prohormones, all men can benefit from healthy kidneys and livers because these organs are also involved with fat-burning and testosterone. Personally, I think it’s unfortunately that not many other supplements offer this kind of support.
Does it Work?
Spectacularly so. Despite the proprietary nature of Super Test, the massive dosages on each blend gives me confidence that all its ingredients are getting enough milligrams to work. Honestly though, Super Test doesn’t strike me as the most powerful supplement for older men with test deficiency but I still think it stands among the few elites.
Overall, Super Test’s benefits promote anabolism which should give your muscles a better environment to grow. That said, I think Super Test is GREAT for young athletes and bodybuilders who’re seeking for more muscle.
- Anabolic – Rather than boosting total testosterone, Super Test focuses more on “free” test along with a solid cortisol, DHT, and estrogen regulation for a more anabolic metabolism.
- Premium – Top quality ingredients and massive dosages all across the board
- Beast Sports – They’re the 2012 Breakout Brand of the Year for a reason
- Chaste Tree – Doesn’t make sense adding an ingredient that lowers libido
- Prop blends – Though they’re dosed quite well, they’re still prop blends
- Side effects? – G.I. irritation tends come with L-Arginine and a lot of PWO powders especially if you’re not used to it so expect a bit of mud butt (diarrhea) on your first few scoops
The Bottom Line
I know this was a pretty long review to read and you can thank the massive pool of ingredients for that. To Beast Sports’ credit, they did seem to manage these ingredients well by giving them potent qualities and giving their respective prop blends solid dosages. In my books, Super Test has done well to earn the title of “super”. For young athletes and bodybuilders, this is worth a try.