Quick Take: When a testosterone booster names itself super “something”, I almost automatically subtract a few style points because let’s face it – that’s just not very original. However, Super Miraforte’s formula is anything but. It’s a unique stack that utilizes the power of lignans. Whether this unique strategy is as super as it is rare, you’ll have to find out by reading the review.
- Super Miraforte is a product of a credible brand supplying decent health supplements – Life Extension.
- Advertised on the label to help maintain healthy levels of testosterone.
- The lignans of this supplement come from two species of the Nettle family and a trademarked Norwegian Spruce.
- Aside from lignans, Super Miraforte also has libido boosters in Maca and Muira Puama
- Chrysin, a controversial compound for boosting testosterone and reducing estrogen, can also be found here. Why I consider it controversial will be discussed later.
- You can buy Super Miraforte exclusively on online retailers such as Amazon, iHerb, and The Vitamin Shoppe. I couldn’t find it on GNC though.
Super Miraforte Ingredients
|Zinc (as zinc monomethionine)||7.5 mg|
|Muira Puama 4:1 extract (bark)||212.5 mg|
|Maca (root)||160 mg|
|Stinging and dwarf nettle extracts (root)||141 mg|
|HMRlignan™ Norway spruce (Picea abies) lignan extract (knot wood) [standardized to 90% hydroxymatairesinol potassium acetate]||16.7 mg|
|Bioperine® piperine [from black pepper extract (fruit)]||7.5 mg|
Super Miraforte’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Zinc – Monomethionine is the same form used by a premium brand of Zinc (L-Optizinc®) so I’m pretty confident in this form’s bioavailability. This is good news because Zinc is directly involved in the production and release of testosterone, making it one of the best minerals for test out there.
The next ingredient is Chrysin. I have to highlight this ingredient for a very particular reason. According to Life Extension, this compound is included in the Super Miraforte formula “to reduce conversion of testosterone to estrogen”. While that may be true, oral supplementation of Chrysin is ineffective because of it’s extremely low bioavailability and only direct injection to the testicles produce results.
Muira puama – Traditionally used as a libido booster, this concentrated and potent 4:1 extract is bound to make you super excited for some intense intimate activity. As a natural testosterone booster though, Muira Puama still warrants further scientific exploration.
Maca – Similar to Muira Puama, Maca has been used for sexual and stamina purposes. However, research on Maca suggests that it boosts libido independent of testosterone. Bummer.
Stinging and dwarf nettle – Both these herbs are part of the urticae family and both of them have lignans that bind to SHBG in place of testosterone. Along with that, Nettle roots have compounds that inhibit the enzymes aromatase and 5-alpha-reductase. What these do, collectively, is increase levels of “free” test.
Another Super Miraforte ingredient that I’d like to bring into the light is HMRlingnan™. This is a trademarked lignan extract of Norway Spruce. While Super Miraforte supplied this in a potent 90% hydroxymatairesinol (HMR) potassium acetate standard, this can be both good and bad news for us gentlemen. Allow me to explain.
According to this research, HMR is “a novel precursor of the mammalian lignan enterolactone”. Also according to this same research, HMR and enterolactone “are endowed with estrogenic activity”. Although this estrogenic activity may be milder than estriadol, they still are capable of displaying estrogenic or feminine characterstics in the body ala phytoestrogens. This is the bad news.
The good news is this: another research studied the association between enterolactone or phytoestrogen concentrations in protecting the prostate. As the results of the research suggest, intermediate serum levels of enterolactone were correlated with lower tendencies of prostate disease.
Bioperine® – No testosterone boosting properties whatsoever but by enhancing nutrient absorption, it ups the bioavailability of the entire Super Miraforte stack.
Super Miraforte Directions
Each serving of Super Miraforte consists of 2 capsules and as instructed by Life Extension, men are to take 2 servings per day for a total of 4 caps. One serving is to be taken in the morning and another serving at night, with or without food.
To properly analyze the Super Miraforte formula, let’s take a look at the reason why Life Extension formulated it in the first place. According to them:
- “Super Miraforte with Standardized Lignans offers a way to boost testosterone naturally. This unique blend of natural extracts includes high potencies of chrysin and nettle root extract, which reduce the conversion of testosterone to estrogen and maintain free testosterone levels. It has also been fortified with the natural libido booster Muira puama, Bioperine® to enhance absorption of chrysin, and lignan extracts to combat the effects of high estrogen. Be at your best and add Super Miraforte to your supplement regimen!”
Based on that statement, I can tell Super Miraforte was meant to boost testosterone and libido while also limiting the effects of estrogen. That’s a pretty common approach for test boosting supplements and while I can see Super Miraforte having upside, it also has multiple kinks in its strategy.
First of all, having to take this product twice a day also doubles the dosage shown here, which then equates to a decent (but not the best) dosage for each and every ingredient found in Super Miraforte. The quality of these said ingredients are also pretty good and having Bioperine in the mix just makes it even better.
Despite solid dosages and qualities though, Super Miraforte lacks quite a bit of punch in the testosterone boosting department. To Life Extension’s credit, Zinc is one of the best for test and Nettle does a pretty good job reducing estrogen, DHT, and SHBG activity resulting in higher levels of “free” testosterone. However, being the only two ingredients capable of boosting test makes Super Miraforte a lot less than super.
Also, while Nettle lowers estrogen levels, the estrogen-like activity of HMRlignan is counterproductive. It does protect the prostate though so that’s good regardless of the probable feminine side effects. The sex boosts looks pretty decent with Maca and Muira Puama, too. Overall, Super Miraforte looks like it accomplished its mission but only barely.
Does it Work?
Sure, but if you’re expecting this product to be among the best testosterone boosters in the market, you’re in for the shock of your life. All in all, Super Miraforte helps mildly boost total and “free” test, reduce estrogen, and protect the prostate. All these benefits seem fitting for the older man way above his 30’s.
- Quality – By providing top-shelf forms to a bunch of their ingredients, there’s very little concern about Super Miraforte’s potency.
- Bioperine – Speaking of potency, this black pepper extract enhances it even more.
- Dosing – Taking it twice a day ensures that you get a decent dosage of all its ingredients.
- Zinc and Nettle – These two are pretty much what gives Super Miraforte what little testosterone boosting prowess it has.
- Chrysin – Useless as an oral supplement. Would you rather have a syringe through your precious family jewels, sir?
- HMRlingnan – The prostate protection is good but it does come with estrogen-like activity and well, men don’t like estrogen.
- Reviews – Not that it has bad ratings or anything but most of the customer reviews do seem suspiciously well articulated. This has me wondering if they’re actually coming from verified customers or just hired writers to make products look good.
- Lack of muscle – What I meant by this is that Super Miraforte doesn’t have any performance enhancing ingredients that specifically help in building muscles. Of course, this is subjective as not all men are living an active lifestyle but for those that do, this isn’t the bodybuilding supplement you’re looking for.
- Exclusive – It doesn’t look like it can be bought on your local retail stores but it can be bought exclusively online. It does come with free shipping though.
The Bottom Line
Super Miraforte isn’t the stack that’ll transform you into superman. I think it should be, however, one of the choices to look into if you’re an older dude struggling with testosterone. Super Miraforte may not be the most powerful test booster out there but it might just be able to support healthy levels of T along with estrogen regulation and prostate protection.