Quick Take: Since I’ve written reviews for two Sheer Strength testosterone boosters the past couple of days, why not do a 3rd one, right? In today’s review, let me introduce you to Sheer Alpha Plus – a powdered testosterone booster that (trust me) you SHOULD be excited about. In a single scoop, you get some of the best natural testosterone boosters the world has to offer in premium grade qualities and massive dosages… and it tastes like a Hawaiian explosion of fruits, too!
- A product of Sheer Strength, Sheer Alpha Plus is one of a few other testosterone supplements under the brand’s line (including Sheer Test and Sheer Alpha).
- The label advertises Sheer Alpha Plus as simply being a “testosterone booster”. While that’s true, the simplicity just doesn’t do its power justice.
- Contains a heavy 3200 mg dose of DAA.
- Also has superiorly absorbed constituents of ZMA.
- Other powerful testosterone boosters include Boron, Vitamin D, and Ashwagandha.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including the Sheer Strength website and Amazon. GNC doesn’t sell any Sheer Strength products.
Sheer Alpha Plus Ingredients
|D-Aspartic Acid||3,200 mg|
|Maca Root Powder||1,500 mg|
|Fadogia Agrestis Extract 10:1||1,000 mg|
|Ashwagandha (withania somnifera) 2.5% salicin||500 mg|
|Magnesium Citrate||400 mg|
|Zinc Monomethionine||30 mg|
|Vitamin B6||15 mg|
|Boron Citrate (5%)||10 mg|
|Vitamin D (2000 IU)||0.05 mg|
Sheer Alpha Plus’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
D-Aspartic Acid – Research shows DAA boosting testosterone by 42% in just 12 days. Impressive but you know what makes Sheer Alpha Plus’ DAA even better? The research that shows this efficient boost in test uses 3.12 g while Sheer Alpha Plus uses an even bigger dosage at 3.2 g. This is as good as it gets.
Maca – This herb was once marketed as a potent testosterone booster. Sadly though, modern science reveals that its previous reputation just doesn’t hold any truth. Nonetheless, it’s still pretty manly given its ability to boost stamina and libido.
Fadogia Agrestis – Research on this plant regarding testosterone is still in the works so it’s not very reliable but it’s popular among anabolic steroid users for its ability to reverse and/or prevent one of its most notorious side effects: shrinking testicles. If there’s a lesson to be learned here, let it be this: STAY NATURAL!
Ashwagandha – I call this adaptogenic herb the The All-In-One Man Enhancer because it virtually improves everything in our anatomy that we consider masculine. As an adaptogen, it helps balance testosterone and cortisol for optimal muscle development. Furthermore, there’re also multiple evidences that show Ashwagandha’s performance and sperm enhancing prowess.
Magnesium – Oh, the elusive Magnesium Citrate. The most potent form of this manly mineral that sadly, isn’t used as widely as its other forms (because it’s hella expensive). As a testosterone booster, Magnesium blocks the binding of SHBG to testosterone, thereby increasing levels of bioavailable test. For bodybuilding, it also helps muscles develop by limiting oxidative stress that could otherwise disrupt growth.
Zinc – Hands down, Zinc is one of the best natural testosterone boosters known to man. Why? Because your body literally can’t make testosterone without it. Aside from that though, Zinc also manages T release and regulates the T-killer prolactin. As monomethionine, Sheer Alpha Plus’ Zinc is superiorly absorbed making this heavy 30 mg dose look even heavier.
Vitamin B6 – Research suggests that B6 depletion may lead to lower testosterone levels, making this B vitamin potentially essential in maintaining healthy levels of testosterone. Unfortunately though, Sheer Alpha Plus didn’t disclose what form of Vitamin B6 they used. Regardless, 15 mg should be more than adequate.
The next ingredient on the Sheer Alpha Plus formula is, in my opinion, right up there with Zinc as one of the best minerals for testosterone, especially at this potent Citrate form and heavy 10 mg dose. I’m talking about Boron – the love child of a dead star and supercharged cosmic rays. I sh*it you not, bro. That’s how Boron is made.
As a testosterone booster, Boron’s benefits are as interesting as its origin. It not only boosts androgens (total and “free” testosterone, DHT), it also decreases levels of the most potent estrogen known as estriadol. Not only that, Boron also boosts other testosterone boosters. Particularly speaking, Magnesium and Vitamin D – both of which can be found in the Sheer Alpha Plus formula.
Vitamin D – Research shows that higher levels of Vitamin D correlate to higher levels of testosterone, which makes it a valuable vitamin in test boosting stacks. Like Vitamin B6 though, Sheer Alpha Plus also didn’t make the form they used known but dosage wise, 2000 IU looks quite decent.
Sheer Alpha Plus Directions
Each scoop of Sheer Alpha Plus contains a whopping total of 8.25 g. As instructed by Sheer Strength, mix 1 scoop of Sheer Alpha Plus with 8 oz of water and drink it before your first meal. DO NOT GO BEYOND THIS DOSAGE.
At the start of this review, I told you Sheer Aplha Plus is a supplement that you should be excited about. I don’t want to waste any more of your time so let me get straight to it. Here are the top reasons why you should be hyped about Sheer Alpha Plus:
- ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6)
- Vitamin D
Note: I said “top” reasons. There’s more to come so keep reading.
With just these ingredients, you’re almost literally guaranteed a powerful boost in testosterone. Among these 4 standouts though, one amino acid takes center stage.
DAA is the primary ingredient of some of the best natural testosterone products around the world and with a massive 3200 mg dose, there’s no question in my mind that Sheer Alpha Plus holds this amino acid in the highest regard as well. Factoring in Vitamin D, Sheer Alpha Plus further solidifies its claim on being “the best testosterone booster for men of any age“.
Sheer Alpha Plus isn’t done though. By adding ZMA, Sheer Alpha Plus puts a sports nutritional twist to its formula, making it pretty awesome for athletes and active men who like to sweat a lot. Boron on the other hand, adds a bit of synergy to the stack by boosting testosterone and testosterone boosters alike.
While these ingredients are the main attraction, the Sheer Alpha Plus side show isn’t too bad either. Ashwagandha, while it may not be as powerful a testosterone booster as the previous ingredients, is just as beneficial to male health by improving multiple facets of masculinity. Furthermore, even if Maca and Fadogia Agrestis don’t necessarily boost testosterone, they also help men become more manly by improving energy, libido, and… well… the size of your testicles.
Sheer Alpha Plus isn’t perfect though as higher levels of testosterone also leads to higher levels of estrogen and obviously, no man wants that. The only ingredient here I see capable of preventing this from happening is Boron and with testosterone boosts as powerful as this, even this fearsome mineral could use a little more help.
Does it Work?
Above is a snapshot on what Sheer Strength claims Sheer Alpha Plus can do. Based on those claims, I think it’s safe to say that Sheer Alpha Plus not only works, it works like a charm.
- Powerful – DAA, ZMA, Vitamin D, and Boron – 4 (6 if you separately count Magnesium and Vitamin B6) of the best testosterone boosting ingredients in one scoop. Ashwagandha isn’t too shabby either.
- Flavored – Relative to the encapsulated majority, there’s not a lot of testosterone boosters out there that actually come as a tasty treat.
- Dosage – Every ingredient has more than its fair share of milligrams. I love it.
- Quality – With a majority of their ingredients getting top quality forms, Sheer Strength must’ve put good money into making Sheer Alpha Plus. As the label suggests, it truly is platinum .
- Safe – An all natural formula with premium grade ingredients such as Sheer Alpha Plus should be free of any major side effects. Although, I would expect to have outbursts of Acne, mood swings, and maybe a little bit of a headache as these are signs of shifting hormones.
- Vitamins – Not that Vitamin D and Vitamin B6 are bad but what are their forms? We need to know, Sheer Strength!
- Maca and Fadogia Agrestis – Again, they’re not necessarily bad ingredients but on the entire stack, these two are the only herbs that don’t boost test.
- Limited choices – And by this, I mean flavor. As far as my knowledge takes me, Sheer Alpha Plus only comes as Hawaiian (or Fruit Cocktail as the label says).
- Where’s the anti-estrogens? – Boron’s pretty good but like I said, a powerful boost in testosterone warrants an equally powerful estrogen inhibition to maximize all those manly gains.
The Bottom Line
In my books, when a testosterone booster makes DAA its primary ingredient and gives it a clinically tested dose, that’s almost always an indicator that the product is going to be powerful. When you complement DAA with other powerful testosterone boosters such as ZMA, Vitamin D, Boron, and even Ashwagandha, then gave those ingredients dosages and forms that maximize their potential, you take the test boosts to a whole new level that only a few other elites are capable of. That’s what Sheer Alpha Plus has done and although I wouldn’t quite say its the best, it’s playing on the same ball park.