Quick Take: Rev Boost is all kinds of f**ked up, man. I mean, to be honest, I don’t know what the exact formula is and from the looks of it, the internet doesn’t either. One ad says it has Tongkat Ali, Amazon says it has Maca and Horny Goat Weed, but the label’s supplement facts shows amino acids. What the hell is going on here? Let’s get to the review and try to get to the bottom of this mystery.
- Rev Boost is a product of… I don’t know. This is but one of the questions about this supplement that needs an answer.
- Has conflicting advertisements. The Rev Boost “website” suggests it has Tongkat Ali while Amazon says it has Horny Goat Weed and Maca. The supplement facts on the label shows it has neither.
- According to the label, what it has are amino acids that look more like they belong in a PWO rather than on a testosterone booster
- It’s a proprietary formula consisting of a mere 742 mg total dosage
- The customer reviews on Rev Boost are surprisingly mostly positive. This might be just a placebo effect though.
- Available to buy on Amazon but I couldn’t find it on GNC
Rev Boost Ingredients
|Proprietary Formula||742 mg|
|L-Arginine Alpha ketoglutarate (A-AKG)|
|L-Arginine Ketoisocaproate (A-KIC)|
|L-Ornithine Alpha Ketoglutarate (O-AKG)|
|L-Glutamine Alpha Ketoglutarate (G-AKG)|
Rev Boost’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
L-Arginine Alpha ketoglutarate (A-AKG) and L-Arginine Ketoisocaproate (A-KIC)– Popular in the bodybuilding community as supposedly more potent supplements than their regular L-Arginine counterparts, A-AKG and A-KIC’s benefits to circulation are believed to be longer lasting.
Did you notice how I stressed the word “believed”?
If you didn’t, well, you do now. Both A-AKG and A-KIC are making waves in the bodybuilding community as PWO supplements that work better than plain old Arginine when it comes to delivering muscle pumps. In fact, a lot of men actually claim that they’re getting shirt-ripping pumps even after a few hours they’ve left the gym because of both of these amino acids.
However, according to science, what they’re claiming may not actually be true. For instance, a research reveals that there wasn’t any difference between the effects of training with or without A-AKG. Furthermore, another research concluded that A-KIC “did not alter moderate- nor high-intensity single-bout exercise performance in young resistance-trained males.”
L-Ornithine Alpha Ketoglutarate (O-AKG) – As with L-Arginine, L-Ornithine has been used by bodybuilders to help improve physical performance but really, that’s not the only relationship they share. In the urea cycle, Arginine, Ornithine, and Citrulline essentially work hand-in-hand to rid the body of excess ammonia and therefore theoretically delay muscle fatigue during exercise. Also, Ornithine may help boost GH.
The Urea Cycle is a bit too complicated to explain in full detail here but just in case you wanted to better understand it, this short YouTube video should help get you started
L-Glutamine Alpha Ketoglutarate (G-AKG) – Aaaaand, another amino acid that’s popular in the fitness industry. Out of all the amino acids, however, Glutamine is the most abundant in our body and as research suggests, it also increases levels of growth hormones in a relatively short time.
Rev Boost Directions
As suggested, we are simply to take 1 tablet of Rev Boost daily.
To me, Rev Boost is painfully perplexing. I mean, there’s just so much about it that confuses me. For instance, what company did it come from? And does it have a website? Well, perhaps RevBoost is both the supplement and the company. Perhaps the shady and poorly constructed website that looked more like a scam tactic was the actual and official website. These are all possible, right?
Regardless, there are more important matters about Rev Boost that need our attention. What’s the real formula and does it even boost testosterone? On the case about its formula, what I assume is the RevBoost website suggests that it’s supposed to have Tongkat Ali (LJ100) and according to their page on Amazon, Rev Boost also has Maca and Horny Goat Weed.
However, as shown on the actual label, none of these herbs are part of the formula. Instead, Rev Boost is all about amino acids. See for yourself (picture below):
With the exception of A-KIC, all of the amino acids used here on Rev Boost are attached to an Alpha ketoglutarate salt. Reportedly, this pairing makes the effects of the said amino acids last longer but because of the same pairing, they also need more dosage to deliver results. That said, Rev Boost’s 742 mg is but a grain compared to other amino products.
Does it Work?
As a testosterone booster, no, Rev Boost doesn’t work. These amino acids aren’t natural testosterone boosters in the first place so why would it even have anything to do with test? Well, to be fair, L-Arginine’s improved circulation may indirectly help with testosterone but that’s only possible if you have compromised blood flow to your testicles causing you to experience low T. Otherwise, Rev Boost just isn’t cut out for it.
As a bodybuilding supplement though, Rev Boost might have a better chance but with this meager dosage, the improvement is only marginal.
- Amino acids – They’re not testosterone boosters but had they been given ample dosage, they would’ve been great for your muscles
- Improved Recovery – If there’s anything Rev Boost can work at, it should be this.
- Customer reviews – Personally, I don’t think it works but a lot of men on the Amazon reviews section apparently think it does.
- Weak – Uhh, this is actually an overstatement. Downright ineffective seems more accurate.
- Dosage – I’ve seen nitric oxide supplements give a single amino acid 5 grams of dosage. Rev Boost has a total of 742 mg for 4.
- Confusing – Who made it? What are the ACTUAL ingredients? is the website a scam? So many questions need answers, Rev Boost.
The Bottom Line
In my opinion, if you want powerful and natural testosterone boosting, Rev Boost is not the supplement you’re looking for. In fact, if you want a testosterone booster regardless of power, Rev Boost still isn’t the right stack. Honestly, this stack is just shrouded in too much mystery for me to recommend it to anyone but just incase you wanted to try it out, don’t take it for the testosterone. Take it for the same reasons you take amino acids.