Quick Take: As I grew older, I learned to appreciate the people who actually give it to me straight. People who don’t coat the truth with flowery lies that sound good, but actually do more harm. That’s exactly how I feel about some testosterone boosters too. I’ve written plenty of reviews on testosterone supplements and frankly, there’s too many out there with a number of ‘cool’ ingredients that don’t really do sh*t for test.
Pure Test isn’t one of those. Which is why I like it. In this review, you’ll discover how Pure Test is Purely Awesome.
- A product of Finaflex, Pure Test is one hell of a potent testosterone booster.
- Word for word, their website advertises this as being “built with a natural testosterone boosting powerhouse that has been shown in recent human research to positively impact testosterone levels.” And spoiler alert: they’re not lying.
- Also in their website, the claimed benefits are that it “promotes increases in strength, energy levels, and a healthy sex drive.”
- Pure Test is exactly as the name suggests. Pure Testosterone. No bull, no fancy ingredients. Just straight up testosterone boosting.
- Powered by the absolute beastly ingredient: DAA. And a heavy dose of it too!
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon. GNC has other Finaflex products but I couldn’t find Pure Test on their website.
Pure Test Ingredients
|D-Aspartic Acid (DAA)||3 g|
Pure Test’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
D-Aspartic Acid – Taking DAA is like putting your testosterone on turbo. According to this study, supplementing with DAA increased testosterone levels by 42% in just 12 days.
Pure Test Directions
Take 1 serving (6 capsules) daily. For maximum effectiveness, take before sleeping for 6-12 weeks. Do not use for more than 90 days consecutively.
Well, there’s really not much to analyze because technically, there isn’t even a formula here. It’s just a single ingredient.
But if this were basketball and you had to choose a single player to compete against an entire team, who’d you pick? Of course it’d be someone who can get you buckets even with their eyes closed. Of course, it would be the greatest basketball player of all time: Michael Jordan. Case in point, DAA is THE Michael Jordan of testosterone boosting. Trust me when I say this. You most probably won’t find another ingredient that boosts testosterone as much as DAA does.
According to a study DAA acts on testosterone in two ways:
- Directly – by acting on testosterone synthesis itself.
- indirectly – by increasing LH secretion which essentially, promotes testosterone synthesis.
Compared to other popular testosterone boosters, DAA just straight up boosts testosterone. Take Fenugreek for example. Primarily, it acts as a libido enhancer with secondary benefits that influence test. DAA on the other hand, is a specialist. It does nothing else but boost T which makes it, in my opinion, the best natural testosterone booster to ever be used in masculine supplement. And at a heavy dose of 3 g? Man, this is going to make you even manlier.
But, well, considering that Pure Test only purely boosts testosterone, it does lack in quite a few aspects. For instance, if you plan to boost your testosterone, it’s also necessary to keep your estrogen levels in check so your hormonal balance doesn’t go out of whack. Also, even with elevated testosterone, it doesn’t really do much for manly health if it’s bounded. Test boosts are best paired with ingredients that block testosterone killing enzymes such as SHBG to make sure that those T-boosts remain active and free.
In addition, DAA isn’t really the best form of DAA. Sounds a bit sarcastic but it’s true. D-AA-CC is better because it’s absorbed by our bodies better and faster, which then means faster and more testosterone boosts.
Does it Work?
This shouldn’t even be a question. DAA is the best when it comes to testosterone boosting, so, hell yeah it works. Actually, it doesn’t just work. At 3 g? It works a lot! Here are some of the benefits that the label claims:
- Lean muscle gains
- Higher energy levels
- Healthy sex drive
Basically, those are the benefits of increased/restored testosterone and with a heavy dose of DAA, those claims are meant to come true. However, with only DAA, Pure Test isn’t a well rounded formula. It doesn’t have the hormonal balancing ingredients that’s required to keep estrogen levels down and it also doesn’t have the capability to keep SHBG’s T-binding activity in check.
That said, I think it’s best to pair this with other supplements that offer those benefits. If you’re having trouble finding supplements that you can stack with this though, there’re always other supplements in the market that are also powered by DAA but have the hormonal balancing benefits that Pure Test lacks.
- DAA – This should be obvious now, right?
- 3000 mg – Funny how that looks a lot more than 3 g when they’re actually just the same amount. Regardless, this heavy dose of DAA is sure to boost your testosterone.
- IT WORKS – The trend is, formulas that have lesser ingredients don’t always work but Pure Test chose its single ingredient well and because of that, well… it works.
When taking steroids or prohormones, our body’s natural reaction is to reject those external sources of testosterone. Which is why those two are linked to so many unwanted side effects. DAA on the other hand, is a natural testosterone booster that doesn’t just simply supply your body with test. The route it takes is to promote testosterone synthesis, which leads to natural born testosterone that our bodies accept.
However, taking in too much DAA could also mean too much testosterone and that means our bodies have to balance that out by creating and releasing more estrogen into our blood stream. That’s basically a recipe for putting our hormonal balance out the window. Pure Test is relatively side effect free though but make sure to follow the suggested use and don’t use it after 90 straight days.
- DAA – By this, I mean that there’s a better form to it (D-AA-CC). Come on, Pure Test. If you’re going with just one ingredient, you might as well choose the best form.
- Incomplete – This is to be expected with supplements that have lesser number of ingredients though.
- Needs to be stacked – Because it’s incomplete, it needs other supplements to fill in the gap. Which also means more $$$ off the bank.
The Bottom Line
While DAA is definitely one of the best natural testosterone boosting ingredients that you can find in ANY testosterone boosting supplement, I wouldn’t put Pure Test in the same ranks as the best T-boosting products in the market. For one reason, it’s not even a formula. Secondly, it’s incomplete.
Don’t take this the wrong way though. There’s no hate on Pure Test from me. I’m all about testosterone and DAA is a beast when it comes to boosting it. If you decide to take Pure Test, make sure to stack it with other supplements that balance estrogen and SHBG for maximum bodybuilding, muscle gaining effects and overall manliness.