Quick Take: Let’s be honest here. A lot of men, especially those among the older population, look to natural testosterone boosters because they have problems with libido. If you’re part of this demographic, PrimeX Testo Max might do you some good. However, even if it does look capable of boosting sex drive, it’s really not what I’d call a great testosterone booster. I’ll explain in more detail later on so keep on reading the review.
- I hate to state the obvious but it looks like the actual name of the product is Testo Max and the company that manufactures it is PrimeX
- Advertised to support testosterone for improved virility and vitality but the way I see it, it’s more of a libido booster than anything else
- Includes calcium which would’ve been great for exercise purposes but the dosage looks way too low to make a huge impact
- The main part of the formula is a prop blend of 8 ingredients with a total dosage of 1484 mg
- Exact or similar formulas are found across Amazon.
- Speaking of Amazon, it’s available to buy there. I can’t find PrimeX Testo Max on GNC though.
PrimeX Testo Max Ingredients
|Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate)||44.28 mg|
|FlowViv MAX-TEST Blend||1484 mg|
|Horney Goat Weed Extract (leaf)||**|
|Tongkat Ali Extract 100:1 (root)||**|
|Saw Palmetto Extract (fruit)||**|
|Wild Yam Extract (root)||**|
|Nettle Extract (root)||**|
|Boron (as Boron Amino Acid Chelate)||**|
PrimeX Testo Max’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Calcium – Research suggests that training while taking calcium supplements further improves the testosterone boosts gained through exercise. Cool, okay, but the dosage you get here on PrimeX Testo Max is negligible. In fact, you get more calcium per serving from certain dairy products and other food sources.
How much calcium should I be getting and where do I get it?
According to the National Institutes of Health, the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for men aged 19-50 years old is about 1,000 mg. Obviously, PrimeX Testo Max’s meager 44.28 mg is way below the RDA and is therefore NOT your best choice.
Lucky for you though, food sources rich in calcium aren’t that hard to come by. Here are examples of some:
- Yogurt (plain, low fat)
- Cheese (mozzarella, cheddar)
- Fish (sardines, salmon)
FlowViv MAX-TEST Blend
- Horney Goat Weed – “Horney” is how PrimeX Testo Max spells it but you get what this is for, right? It’s here to get you horny but it’s really not a testosterone booster.
- Tongkat Ali – Traditionally used for libido but as research suggests, it can also increase levels of testosterone while lowering levels cortisol. The effects this herb has on our hormones may potentially make it great for bodybuilding, too.
- Saw Palmetto – This herb contains fatty acids that have shown to block the activity of 5-alpha-reductase. This enzyme is what converts testosterone into DHT and by blocking it, Saw Palmetto may also potentially boost levels of testosterone. For this same reason, it’s also been used as a natural treatment for prostate conditions.
- Orchic Substance – Powdered bull or cattle testicles is literally what this is. There’s currently no scientific proof that it boosts testosterone though so all this is essentially just bulls**t as of the moment.
- Wild Yam – This contains a compound known as DHEA which is believed to boost growth hormone and testosterone. However, Wild Yam in itself doesn’t seem to have any of these benefits.
- Sarsaparilla – Not a testosterone booster but looks promising for libido.
- Nettle – Like Saw Palmetto, this herb blocks 5-alpha-reductase from converting testosterone into DHT. More than that though, Nettle also inhibits SHBG and aromatase for higher levels of “free” test and lower levels of estrogen.
- Boron – Personally, I find Boron as one of the best minerals for male health because it boosts testosterone through numerous pathways which also gives it a better chance of being effective.
PrimeX Testo Max Directions
Each serving of PrimeX Testo Max consists of 2 caplets and as suggested, we men are to take 1-2 servings per day. However, as each bottle only contains 60 caplets, taking 2 servings per day would cut down your supply to just 15 days.
First of all, let’s not kid ourselves when it comes to the calcium supplied here in PrimeX TestoMax. At just 44.28 mg, it’s not going to do much of anything – if at all. Frankly, you’re better off drinking a glass of milk if Calcium is the only thing you’re after so let’s move on.
The next part of the PrimeX Testo Max formula is a proprietary blend which they named FlowViv MAX-TEST Blend. It’s composed of 8 ingredients sharing a total dosage of 1484 mg. Unfortunately, I can’t tell you the exact dosages of these ingredients because, as part of being a proprietary blend, specific doses aren’t actually disclosed.
However, I can somewhat guesstimate with simple mathematics. To my calculations, the average dose of each ingredient should be more or less 185.8 mg. That’s not bad but compared to some of the best natural testosterone boosters in 2017, that’s not too good either.
Regardless, the ingredients inside the prop blend aren’t all that testosterone-y and a couple are even quite questionable (i.e., Wild Yam and Orchic Substance). To be fair, herbs such as Tongkat Ali, Saw Palmetto, Nettle, and Boron do hold testosterone boosting potential but in general, I see PrimeX Testo Max as more of a libido booster than an actual test supplement.
Does it Work?
In any case, PrimeX Testo Max’s benefits may include boosts in libido and testosterone, muscle growth, and prostate protection. However, I can’t really gauge to what extent these benefits are going to impact your life because with the exception of Calcium, the dosages of all the other ingredients are clouded by a non-transparent prop blend.
- Natural – With the ingredients here, it’s a legit natural supplement.
- Reviews – Amazon customer reviews are generally positive. I haven’t encountered any reports of major side effects either.
- Libido – This is probably the most prominent benefit you’ll get out of PrimeX Testo Max
- Weak – The way I see it, there are a lot more products out there that offer a better chance of getting you back into your testosterone prime
- Proprietary – These things suck, man. How about a little transparency next time, PrimeX Testo Max?
Another bad thing I found about PrimeX Testo Max is that there’s literally a handful of other supplements with similar formulas. Some of these products even offer a better price so if you’re a bit more diligent, you’ll find a better deal. Let me help you out.Below is a list of just a few supplements you’ll find on Amazon:
- Product (s) with the exact same formula
- Products with the exact same prop blend
Some of these products even offer a better price so if you’re a bit more diligent in scouring through Amazon, you’ll find a better deal.
The Bottom Line
If there are so many other supplements that share the same formula as PrimeX Testo Max, there must be something good about it, right? Well, the way I see it, PrimeX Testo Max most likely gets men feeling horny and a lot of times, this feeling of increased libido is enough reason for people to leave a positive review. However, the truth is that it’s really not that much of a testosterone booster. That said, if libido is what you’re after, this might be a good choice but if you’re looking for real and powerful test boosts, you might want to try something else.