Quick Take: You know Harvey Dent? The two-face guy from Batman? Yeah, Primaldrol 4000 is probably that dude in the testosterone boosting world. With two names and two different formulas, it’s pretty hard distinguishing which information is actually true. If there’s one thing that’s for certain though, Primaldrol 4000 is powered primarily by premium Tongkat Ali. DISCLAIMER: This review will focus on the formula found in Primaldrol 4000’s manufacturer’s website.
- Primaldrol is a product of Panthera – a brand supplying several bodybuilding supplements with the goal of “Power, Purity, and Performance”.
- Advertised on its label as the “most powerful test booster”. Yeah… Probably not.
- Aside from being the most powerful, it’s marketing also states that it’s the “most expensive test booster”. Uhh, no. The stack does include a pricey ingredient but as a whole, the price looks competitive.
- Has multiple versions (name and formula) on the market. More on this later.
- Heavy reliance on LJ100 is apparent with a touch of low dosed ZMA.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Bodybuilding and The Vitamin Shoppe. Amazon does seem to have it too but there’s only one on stock left. It’s currently not on GNC.
Primaldrol 4000 Ingredients
|Vitamin B6||1 mg|
|Primaldrol Mass, Strength & Size Complex||1000 mg|
|LJ 100 (40% Glycosaponins, 22-28% Eurypeptides)|
|Diosgenin (Wild Yam Ext)|
|4-Hydroxyisoleucine (Fenugreek Ext)|
Primaldrol 4000’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin B6 – Rat research on this vitamin shows that depletion leads to lower levels of testosterone. Therefore, it could be very well be essential to maintaining healthy levels of test. However, Primaldrol 4000 didn’t disclose what form they used but in any case, 1 mg likely won’t amount to much.
Zinc – As a raw material, Zinc is literally a requirement if you want your body to synthesize testosterone. It’s also involved in the test release as well as managing prolactin which makes it one of the better (if not the best) natural test boosters. Unfortunately again, 3 mg of whatever form of Zinc Primaldrol 4000 has is a low dose.
Magnesium – This completes the legendary sports supplement trio of Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6 (ZMA). With a meager 45 mg and an unknown form (again), however, this probably won’t be very helpful for testosterone and athletic performance.
Primaldrol Mass, Strength & Size Complex
- LJ 100 – A premium brand of Tongkat Ali used in numerous scientific studies. As a whole, this herb provides several benefits to male health including improved athletic performance and libido as well as better balance between testosterone and cortisol.
Diosgenin and 4-Hydroxyisoleucine
While Primaldrol 4000 lists Diosgenin as a Wild Yam Extract, both Diosgenin and 4-Hydroxyisoleucine are active compounds found in Fenugreek that have been used as alternative treatments to diabetes. Now, you might be wondering what this has to do testosterone and/or bodybuilding so allow me to walk you through the science.
A research studied the effects of insulin suppression on testosterone and SHBG by giving their subjects Diazoxide, resulting in lower insulin levels and reduced insulin sensitivity. This worsened insulin profile then lead to significantly lower testosterone levels (total and “free”), higher SHBG, and higher estrogen. Obviously, this doesn’t look good. Which then takes me to this next part.
An article published on 2015 reviews multiple studies on the effects of diosgenin and 4-Hydroxyisoleucine on metabolic diseases including diabetes. I know you most likely won’t be reading each and every research on that article so let me just tell you the gist of it: Diosgenin and 4-Hydroxyisoleucine have yielded positive results on glycemic control largely due to increased insulin secretion and sensitivity.
Therefore, by supplementing with Diosgenin and 4-Hydroxyisoleucine, you not only improve your insulin profile, you could theoretically improve your testosterone levels as well.
- Beta Alanine – A natural amino acid popularly found in pre-workout products for its ability to enhance the resilience of your muscles to anaerobic exercise, making them more resistant to fatigue.
- DHEA – Basically a precursor to testosterone which is why multiple sports leagues have banned this. However, supplementing with this steroid hormone doesn’t necessarily lead to higher levels of testosterone. Admittedly though, it does show promise in lower dosages. (click here for more info).
Primaldrol 4000 Directions
Each serving of Primaldrol 4000 consists of just 2 capsules and according to Panthera, you’re to take these capsules on either of these times:
- 30 minutes before training
- before sleeping
Furthermore, Panthera recommends cycling Primaldrol 4000: 90-120 days “on” followed by 21 days “off”.
Let me start with a very brief take on Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6. Together, they’re called ZMA and they’re legendary in terms of sports nutrition. With puny dosages and undisclosed forms though, this is a negligible part of the Primadrol 4000 formula.
Done. On to the prop blend.
The Primaldrol Mass, Strength & Size Complex is a pretty unique prop blend that’s designed for anabolic muscle growth. I like that they made LJ100 their top priority because among all the other ingredients here, Tongkat Ali has the most scientific evidence under its belt when it comes to male health in general. Good move, Panthera.
Theoretically, Diosgenin and 4-Hydroxyisoleucine could enhance muscle growth and boost testosterone through increased insulin concentration and sensitivity. This all sounds good and all but take note – too much insulin can have side effects. I suggest you have a bottle of juice ready whenever you take Primadrol 4000 just in case of hypoglycemia.
Primadrol 4K finishes their prop blend off with Beta Alanine and DHEA. Both are typically found in bodybuilding supplements to improve muscle growth but the way I see it, only Beta Alanine warrants inclusion here because of its PWO benefits. DHEA, despite being a testosterone precursor, isn’t very effective at boosting test and it’s addition here limits the demographic to non-competitive athletes due to its status as a doping agent.
Does it Work?
You mean, does LJ100 work? Because that’s essentially the only ingredient here that I’m quite sure will boost testosterone. Diosgenin and 4-Hydroxyisoleucine might but in my opinion, it would be better to consult your doctor first before messing with insulin because you could literally die from that sh*t if you’re being reckless.
As a whole, Primaldrol 4000 doesn’t look like it boosts a whole lot of testosterone but with the added benefits of stress (cortisol), fatigue, estrogen, and insulin regulation, building a better physique should come easier.
- LJ100 – There’s probably no better brand of Tongkat Ali.
- Innovative – I’ve seen many testosterone boosters use Wild Yam and Fenugreek but there aren’t a lot of them that use isolated Diosgenin and 4-Hydroxyisoleucine.
- Anabolic – There might not be much testosterone to go around but it’ll most likely help your muscles grow.
- Panthera – Sure, the brand is pretty legit but what I like most about them is that “Panthera” sounds a lot like one of my favorite 80’s heavy metal band.
- ZMA – Primaldrol 4000 would’ve been something else if this trio received at least decent dosages.
- Diosgenin and 4-Hydroxyisoleucine – Fenugreek has more active compounds that contribute to its test boosting benefits aside from these so, why limit the compounds to just these two when the whole plant has more?
- DHEA – Banned because its a steroid hormone precursor but it does very little (if anything at all) for testosterone.
- Prop blend – Why hide the individual dosages, Panthera?
Aside from the prop blend hiding the dosages of its ingredients, I and several other customers don’t actually know what’s truly inside a capsule of Primaldrol 4000. Why? Because there’s two versions of the formula floating around the internet. For example, The Vitamin Shoppe has more ingredients in the prop blend with the addition of Cyanotis Vaga and Stinging Nettle.
Moreover, Primaldrol has apparently two names. Bodybuilding (dot) com sells this as Primal V 4000 and the formula seems different from what’s on The Vitamin Shoppe, too. To be clear, I used the Bodybuilding version because that one matches what’s on the Panthera official website.
The Bottom Line
Primaldrol 4000 might not be much of a testosterone booster but by regulating other hormones (insulin, cortisol, estrogen) that influence levels of testosterone, Primaldrol 4000 seems capable of producing an internal environment optimal for muscle growth. That said, I think this product works best for HEALTHY young males working towards a more sculpt physique. Take note: HEALTHY. Don’t take this if you have any kind of metabolic disorder like diabetes or better yet, pay your doctor a visit before taking a pill of Primaldrol 4000.