Quick Take: In the voice of Eminem, “will the real ultimate please stand up?” Cellucor had supposedly already made their ultimate testosterone booster/nootropic supplement when they formulated P6 Extreme. As it turns out though, there’s a new ultimate in town and P6 Extreme has been dethroned. Introducing, THE NEW ULTIMATE HYBRID: P6 Ultimate. Let’s get to the review and find out how it’s better than its predecessor.
- Cellucor has a bunch of testosterone boosting products in its P6 line of supplements but the best according to them is P6 Ultimate
- Advertised on the label to be “the most anabolic testosterone & cognitive formula”. Even this is similar to P6 Extreme’s “ultimate testosterone & cognitive experience” claim.
- Speaking of testosterone & cognition, P6 Ultimate has 2 separate blends for each and both have solid dosages
- Has a heavy dose of one of the best natural test boosters in 3333 IU of Vitamin D
- Has ingredients that are not only branded, but also clinically studied. Great!
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including GNC and Amazon
P6 Ultimate Ingredients
|Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)||3333 IU|
|P6® Testosterone and Performance Blend||2275 mg|
|KSM-66® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root extract, Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) seed extract, Ovine Placenta powder, Agaricus bisporus fruit extract, Stinging Nettle root extract, LJ100® Eurycoma longifolia root extract, 3,3′-Diindolylmethane|
|P6 Ultimate™ Cognitive and Pump Blend||1225 mg|
|Nitrosigine® Inositol-Stabilized Arginine Silicate, Arginine Nitrate (N03-T®), AlphaSize® A-GPC (Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline), Zembrin® (Sceletium tortuosum) aerial parts extract|
P6 Ultimate’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin D – The lone ingredient that’s not included in the two prop blends. At a hefty 3333 IU dosage and potent Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) form, this vitamin is essential if you want higher levels of testosterone.
P6® Testosterone and Performance Blend
- KSM-66® – Premium brand of Ashwagandha that has been scientifically studied to boost testosterone. More than that though, Ashwgandha’s adaptogenic nature enables it to enhance muscle strength while also limiting oxidative stress.
- Fenugreek – Aside from enhancing physical performance and libido, Fenugreek can also increase “free” testosterone via aromatase and 5-alpha-reductase inhibition.
Ovine Placenta – Uhh.. It’s sheep placenta.. I don’t know if I want that in any of my supplements but taking it seems to be linked with cell growth.
- Agaricus bisporus – Otherwise known as white button mushroom, agaricus bisporus has been shown in in vitro studies to have aromatase inhibiting potential and therefore might be able to lower levels of estrogen. While it does hold promise, there is still yet to be any concrete human evidence.
- Stinging Nettle – Because it suppresses the enzymes that convert testosterone into estrogen and DHT (aromatase and 5-alpha-reductase respectively) and binds with SHBG in place of test, Stinging Nettle may be capable of increasing levels of “free” testosterone.
- LJ100® – Branded form of a traditional libido booster Tongkat Ali. Aside form enhancing sex drive though, Tongkat Ali reduces levels of SHBG for more “free” testosterone while also lowering the levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Diindolylmethane – Like white button mushroom, DIM is also a potential aromatase inhibitor. The difference is that DIM, although research has mostly been centered on women, is better represented by human trials.
P6 Ultimate™ Cognitive and Pump Blend
- Nitrosigine® – This is basically a clinically studied combination of Arginine and Silicate (ASI). Together, they help improve circulation by relaxing and dilating the blood vessels.
More on Nitrosigine®
According to this study, “daily doses of ASI (Nitrosigine®) prior to workout significantly increased pre-workout energy levels, increased muscle pump immediately following a workout, and decreased biomarkers of muscle damage immediately after a workout and during recovery”.
- Arginine Nitrate (N03-T®) – P6 Ultimate can’t get enough of its arginine and decided to add another one. This time, in a form bonded to nitrate. Arginine by itself, is capable of dilating your blood vessels to improve blood flow. When it’s bonded to nitrate though, the vasodilation is said to be more sustainable because Arginine Nitrate takes a different and more efficient route when boosting nitric oxide than regular arginine.
- AlphaSize® – More branded stuff from P6 Ultimate. Awesome! This one is premium alpha-GPC which is basically a highly bioavailable acetylcholine booster. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter in the brain that when elevated, can not only improve focus and concentration, but also improves the “mind-to-muscle” connection resulting in more strength gains. Oh, and it increases growth hormone secretion too.
- Zembrin® – Not only is it a branded form of Sceletium tortuosum or Kanna, it’s also a psychoactive herb that, as research suggests, might have positive effects on anxiety.
P6 Ultimate Directions
Each serving of P6 Ultimate is a whopping 5 capsules. As instructed by Cellucor, these capsules are to be taken all at the same time before breakfast or lunch. To maximize the results of P6 Ultimate, Cellucor also suggests using it for 8 straight weeks with a warning to NOT go beyond 5 caps per day.
P6 Ultimate is billed simply as a 2-in-1 testosterone booster and nootropic but at its very core, it’s an anabolic agent. It fuels muscle growth through 2 separate blends which I will discuss separately but before that, let me just tell you this:
P6 Ultimate looks impressive
Let’s start with P6® Testosterone and Performance Blend. Obviously, this is where a majority of the testosterone boosts happen but even before getting to this blend, P6 Ultimate already supplies a HUGE dose of Vitamin D3 – a nutrient that science has shown to be correlated to higher levels of testosterone. With this, P6 Ultimate sets itself up for more test boosts. Good move, Cellucor!
With healthy levels of testosterone covered by Vitamin D3, P6® Testosterone and Performance Blend is here to make sure those manly hormones are ready to be used by our bodies by making sure they’re not bound to SHBG and don’t convert into estrogen and DHT. With this, you’ll get boosts in “free” testosterone that your body can use to fuel muscle growth along with an improved athletic performance and recovery.
Next, we go to P6 Ultimate™ Cognitive and Pump Blend. With Nitrosigine® and N03-T®, you get two kinds of Arginine supplements that take different pathways at boosting nitric oxide. The result? A theoretically more efficient way of improving circulation. With AlphaSize® and Zembrin® added to the mix, you should also be more focused on your lifts at the gym rather than just sitting around the bench with your face planted to your phone.
With both these blends, P6 Ultimate does a solid job at covering the physical and mental aspect of bodybuilding. However, prop blends are still prop blends and by nature, we don’t actually get to see the specific dosages of each ingredient. The way I see it, that’s the greatest flaw on the P6 Ultimate design.
Does it Work?
Oh, you know it does and it looks like it works damn well. However, boosting total testosterone doesn’t really look like the forte of P6 Ultimate so I wouldn’t quite recommend this to the older dudes who are in need of that kind of benefit.
For young dudes looking to up their gym game, listen up. You’re already filled with loads of testosterone so what you need to do is make sure they’re free. P6 Ultimate has that covered. Along with the performance enhancements, PWO circulation, and the mental edge that this stack gives you, you’ll be lifting heavier, getting leaner, and growing bigger muscles in no time.
- Clinically studied brands – It’s great to have research back up the things you’re taking but if the brand of the ingredients themselves have scientific evidence? Even better.
- Top shelf ingredients – Speaking of branded ingredients, P6 Ultimate has a lot. ®’s and ™’s all over the formula.
- Dosages – The individual dosages aren’t disclosed but the total dosage of the two blends are solid.
- Anabolic – P6 Ultimate has bodybuilding down to a science.
- Safe – An all natural formula like this should be free of any major side effects. Aside from maybe smelling like maple syrup from Fenugreek, P6 Ultimate should be safe.
- Proprietary blend – Probably the only thing P6 Ultimate doesn’t do better than P6 Extreme is that it now has 2 prop blends instead of one. I legit hate these things, man.
- Agaricus Bisporus and Ovine Placenta – Promising ingredients but pretty much under researched.
- Expensive – It sells at around $160 on Amazon. That’s more than twice the price of the testosterone boosters on my list of the best.
- Reputation – Or lack thereof. There are literally no customer reviews on both Amazon and GNC likely because it’s a new product.
The Bottom Line
Cellucor has really outdone themselves on this one. It’s a damn good anabolic agent that covers virtually all bases of training for a better physique- from performance, to recovery, to hormones, and even to the cerebral parts of bodybuilding, P6 Ultimate gets it done. If you’re the young dude looking to be the strongest and best looking Alpha out there, this could be the best 160 bucks you’ll ever spend.