Quick Take: Men buy testosterone boosters to get the most of the hormone’s anabolic benefits. Men also take fat-burners to, well, burn fat. But what if I told you there’s a supplement that gets you both? In this review, let me introduce you to P6 Ripped – a fat incinerator that also promotes muscle growth through hormonal regulation.
- A product of the trusted fitness brand Cellucor
- Advertised on its label to be a “thermogenic testosterone booster and cutting formula”
- Dosage seems okay despite having two prop blends
- All of its testosterone boosting supplements are promising but some require more research
- Well thought out formula that uses a slow-release strategy
- Available to buy on Cellucor, GNC, and Amazon
P6 Ripped Ingredients
|Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)||1666 IU|
|P6® Testosterone and Performance Blend||860 mg|
|KSM-66® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root extract, Tribulus alatus fruit extract, Ovine Placenta powder, Agaricus bisporus fruit extract, Stinging Nettle root extract|
|P6® Ripped™ Perpetual Energy and Thermo Blend||315 mg|
|Extended Release Caffeine Blend (Caffeine Anhydrous, ZumXR® Caffeine Anhydrous), Coleus forskohlii root extract (standardized for Forskolin), Capsimax® Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) fruit extract|
P6 Ripped’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
Vitamin D – Research suggests that higher levels of Vitamin D are correlated to higher levels of testosterone. The dosage and form of this vitamin on P6 Ripped are both pretty decent, too.
P6® Testosterone and Performance Blend
- KSM-66® – A research-backed brand of Aswagandha that’s capable of boosting testosterone and strength, as well as lowers oxidative stress.
- Tribulus alatus – Cousin of the more famous Tribulus Terrestris with same libido boosting properties. However, this one holds more promise as a testosterone booster.
- Ovine Placenta – AKA sheep placenta, this has shown promise as a LH booster. By boosting LH, this may indirectly boost testosterone although this seems more theoretical than fact as of the moment.
- Agaricus bisporus – Again, research is weak, but it does seem capable of inhibiting aromatase activity, and thereby lowering levels of estrogen.
- Stinging Nettle – Boosts “free” testosterone via aromatase, 5-alpha-reductase, and SHBG inhibition.
P6® Ripped™ Perpetual Energy and Thermo Blend
Extended Release Caffeine Blend
P6 Ripped uses caffeine mixed with the Extended Release technology of zümXR®, allowing for a more steady release of caffeine that supposedly improves the “crash” that typically happens shortly after caffeine intake. Aside from the obvious energy benefits of caffeine, it also boosts fat burning via boosted thermogenesis.
- Coleus forskohlii – Standardized for forskolin, this herb improves body composition (fat loss) and boosts testosterone.
- Capsimax® – Concentrated cayenne that uses a controlled-release technology, this spice supports weight loss the same way caffeine does: energy from fat metabolism and increased thermogenesis.
P6 Ripped Directions
According to Cellucor, each serving of P6 ripped consists of 2 capsules and as instructed, we’re supposed to take 2 servings per day for a total of 4 capsules. Timing is as follows:
- 2 caps (1st serving) in the morning
- 2 caps (2nd serving) in the afternoon
Cellucor also warns not to take P6 Ripped within 6 hours of bedtime and not to go beyond 4 capsules daily.
Starting their formula with a heavy dose of potent Vitamin D, P6 Ripped starts out strong in terms of boosting testosterone as Vitamin D seems pretty essential for healthy testosterone levels. However, you really didn’t think a supplement that was dubbed a “thermogenic testosterone booster” has this single vitamin as its primary selling point, did you? No, the meat of P6 Ripped is in its two prop blends.
A prop blend is still a prop blend though and that’s never a good look. Thankfully for P6 Ripped, both prop blends are pretty well dosed. Both have top-notch quality ingredients, too.
With the P6® Testosterone and Performance Blend, I don’t really see a lot of performance boosts but just in terms of testosterone, it looks decent (not powerful. Just decent) because it can potentially target both direct and indirect pathways of boosting bioavailable testosterone as well as regulate other hormones (estrogen, DHT, and cortisol) to make our metabolism more anabolic.
The P6® Ripped™ Perpetual Energy and Thermo Blend goes about its business by hitting two birds with one stone, so to speak. Basically, it burns fat for energy. I don’t think it’s the strongest fat burner out there but I do like how P6 Ripped opts for a more constant boost in energy and thermogenesis from zümXR® and Capsimax®.
Does it Work?
I’m not putting it alongside my list of the best testosterone boosters because frankly, the strength of P6 Ripped isn’t overwhelming but, yes, it works – and it’s pretty darn good, too. Moreover, don’t look at P6 Ripped as just a testosterone booster. It’s a cutting agent that supports leaner muscles by promoting an anabolic internal environment while also providing a slow but steady source of fat-burning and energy.
That said, I’d recommend this to the younger, more active dudes who’re in to bodybuilding. If you’re over the age of 30 or someone who’s past his testosterone prime, you may want to try a more powerful supplement.
- Cellucor – It’s a brand you can trust for fitness products. A reputable company is always a plus.
- Quality – A lot of branded ingredients here and those that aren’t are still potent extracts.
- Safe – There’s not much customer reviews on P6 Ripped but from what I can see, it should be free of any major side effects.
- Strategic – Instead of overwhelming your system with powerful boosts from the get-go only to crash in the later parts of the day, P6 Ripped instead opts for a slower but more balanced approach to boosting testosterone and fat-burning.
- Proprietary – The overall dosage seems decent so, I can’t get why P6 Ripped has to hide the individual dosages of its ingredients.
- Dirty additives – Fillers and artificial colors may look appealing but it does hamper nutrient absorption.
- Expensive – GNC and Cellucor sell them at $99.99. That’s a lot. Amazon has them on sale at $67.21 though.
The Bottom Line
P6 Ripped may not be the most powerful testosterone booster out there but as a fat-burner/test booster hybrid, it does its job quite well. For younger dudes aiming at a leaner and more appealing muscle build, I say P6 Ripped is worth a shot. Just remember not to take it within 6 hours of bedtime because it’s slow release strategy might make it hard for you to catch some zzz’s.