Quick Take: An underrated part of bodybuilding is recovery. It’s not necessarily unknown to athletes but some do tend to go hardcore in their training but take their time to rest for granted. Admittedly, some do try to rest but an active body leads to an active mind and this makes it harder for some athletes to catch some ZZZ’s. Luckily, Cellucor developed a product that helps in putting an active Alpha Male to sleep. In this review, you and I are going on a trip to find out how P6 PM does its magic.
- A product of Cellucor, P6 PM is part of their P6 line of testosterone boosting supplements.
- As advertised on their label, this is a supplement for nighttime testosterone and sleep support.
- While most other products focus on the ‘performance’ part of training, P6 PM focuses on recovery.
- The individual parts of the ZMA trio that are found in this formula are more than decently dosed.
- The P6® PM Blend is one of the best prop blends I’ve seen for a nighttime test booster.
- Available to buy online and in retail stores including Amazon and GNC.
P6 PM Ingredients
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||10.5 mg|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate)||450 mg|
|Zinc (as Mono-L-Methionine and Aspartate)||30 mg|
|P6® PM Blend||885 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris (Whole Herb Extract), Suntheanine® L-Theanine, Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) (Aerial Parts Extract), GABA (y-Aminobutyric Acid), Melatonin (N-Acetyl-5-Methoxytryptamine)|
P6 PM’s T-Boosters & Other Ingredients
The trio of Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B6 make its way to this formula and I have nothing but love for it. It adds an athletic feel to this supplement and also supports better REM sleep.
- Vitamin B6 – Not the best form (P-5-P is better) but it still is the same form used in the original ZMA formula so that’s fine with me. The dosage looks solid too. Low levels of this vitamin have been linked with low testosterone so finding it in a testosterone booster is nothing but good.
- Magnesium – It’s an amazing mineral for physical health and is a great testosterone booster to both athletic and elderly men. As a testosterone booster, it inhibits the binding action of the notorious test killer SHBG and reduces oxidative stress that could also kill T. Not the best form but still, that dose is looking good.
- Zinc – The way I see it, Zinc is the absolute best mineral for testosterone. It serves as a raw material for T and signals for its production and release. Awesome, aye? It’s the same form used in the original blend of ZMA so I’ll take it. And at 30 mg? This is testosterone heaven right here.
P6® PM Blend
- Tribulus Terrestris – Tribulus isn’t really a testosterone but it still is good for manly health and virility. In this particular supplement, Tribulus seems to play an important as it promotes restorative rest and muscle growth.
- L-Theanine – Given to us in this branded form of Suntheanine®, L-Theanine is a compound of green tee that’s great for sleep as it calms the mind and helps in getting better and deeper sleep. It’s also a nootropic that reduces stress and enhances focus.
- Passionflower – Improves the quality of sleep by stimulating GABA.
- GABA – According to this study, this ingredient is the “main inhibitory neurotransmitter of the central nervous system and that activating it favors sleep.
- Melatonin – According to this, the pineal gland is responsible for the release of Melatonin into our blood stream. And as levels of Melatonin increase, sleep becomes more inviting. Essentially, Melatonin is the hormone responsible for regulating our sleep-wake cycles.
P6 PM Directions
Take 4 capsules (1 serving) once per day on an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before sleeping. For optimum results, avoid taking with calcium-containing foods or supplements such as dairy.
DO NOT EXCEED 4 CAPSULES PER DAY. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
The ZMA found here adds an athletic, anabolic twist to this formula. Not only that, I personally think it’s a MUST for any sleep aid that also wants to boost testosterone. Because, why not? ZMA does both and it does a splendid job at it too. Also, the dosages of the three ingredients that make up the trio are also solid in this formula. Good Job, P6 PM!
We now get to P6® PM Blend. Typically, seeing Tribulus Terrestris as the main protagonist in a testosterone booster raises a subtle red flag because it’s really not a T-booster. It does have studies showing that it increases levels of test but those studies are conducted on elderly men with low testosterone to start with. The testosterone boosting effects of Tribulus on healthy men are doubtful to say the least but, hey! I’m not even mad here. Because testosterone isn’t really the main point of this blend after all.
P6® PM Blend is where the natural sleep aids are at. Basically, L-Theanine and Melatonin are here to rock you to sleep while Passionflower and GABA make sure you get a healthy dose of it. Tribulus fits right in with its anabolic restorative properties. The overall dosage of 885 mg is looking good too.
Does it Work?
For testosterone? Yeah. There’s ZMA for Pete’s sake. Admittedly though, the testosterone boosts in this isn’t as powerful as some of the test boosters in the market. For sleep and recovery? You damn right know it does.
However, in reality, P6 PM isn’t a stand alone test booster. To maximize your testosterone and muscle gains, it looks like it’s best to pair this with another potent testosterone supplement in the day. That said, this is for the bros who’re in to bodybuilding and looking to maximize those anabolic gains at the gym and while sleeping.
- No side effects – From the customer reviews I’ve read, there haven’t been any reports of side effects. I wouldn’t expect there to be any too considering this wonderfully constructed formula.
- ZMA – If you want to boost testosterone and build muscle while you sleep, this is the way to go.
- P6® PM – Typically, I wouldn’t put a prop blend here. But this is a damn good one for what it’s supposed to do.
- Dosage – One word to describe it: SOLID.
- Cellucor – Yup, I’m putting this here. The brand itself is pretty reliable.
- P6® PM – Well, it’s still a prop blend. Even if it’s good, it still is a prop blend.
- ZMA – It’s getting pretty contradicting, huh? Well, ZMA itself isn’t bad. What’s bad is that it’s the only thing in the formula that supplies testosterone.
- Expensive – Considering that it’s best to pair this with another potent ‘day time’ testosterone booster, 50$ is heavy on the wallet.
The Bottom Line
Overall, I personally think P6 PM is an incredibly well thought-out formula. That’s to be expected of a big brand like Cellucor though. The meager testosterone boost it gives doesn’t qualify as one of the best but the formula overall is good for what it was designed to do, which was to support testosterone and muscle growth during sleep. And just in case you don’t feel like sleeping yet, the formula also has Tribulus to make you feel a tingle in your winkle if you know what I mean *wink.