Quick Take: P6 Chrome comes in a simple formula that gets the job done. In this review, I’ll point out how, despite its simplicity, the three direct T-Boosting ingredient extracts along with the indirect T-boosting estrogen blockers Agaricus Bisporus and DIM make this a no-nonsense formula that is well worth your while.
- Most potent product of Cellucor’s P6 line of testosterone boosters
- Anti-estrogen levels: Agaricus Bisporus and DIM help keep girly estrogen levels in check
- Herbal extracts of all T-boosting ingredients; heavy natural & botanical emphasis, which I like
- Premium T-Booster in Adaptest™ Ashwaganda Root extract
- Proprietary blend has me shaking my head…where are the doses?
P6 Chrome Ingredients
|P6 Chrome™ Blend||1,445 mg|
|Adaptest™ Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) Root Extract, Tribulus Alatus Fruit Extract, Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenum-graecum) Seed Extract, Agaricus Bisporus Fruit Extract, 3,3’-Diindolylmethane|
P6 Chrome’s T-Boosters
Adaptest™ Ashwagandha – This highly potent T-boosting ingredient has been shown to increase testosterone, sex drive, physical strength, male potency, and is also thought ease stress. Ashwagandha is a pretty awesome herb for peak workout performance, and is a great choice here. While I haven’t heard of Adaptest before, it seems to have a premium pedigree.
Tribulus alatus – This lesser known but more potent form of Tribulus has been shown to be more effective than cousin Tribulus terrestris at potentially increasing free T levels. I will take the Test-benefits in this formula, thanks… no need for the sexytime benefits given that the next ingredient is…
Fenugreek – Though the T-boosting effects of this spicy ingredient are thought to be slightly less than spectacular, it has long been touted as an great sex enhancer with a whole host of benefits for athletic performance and strength, too. Highly popular in T-booster supplements.
Agaricus Bisporus – This estrogen blocker works by inhibiting the production of T-killing aromatase. Pretty interesting mushroom ingredient that appears to work as an indirect T-booster; I can’t recall seeing it in a testosterone supplement before.
3,3′ Diindolylmethane – The jury’s still out on whether this chemical lives up to P6’s claim that it “modulates estrogen metabolism.” I don’t personally like it because I know it exists in formulas designed for women’s estrogen health. For hot flashes. Why the hell would I want that in a manliness product? Answer: I don’t. No freakin’ way.
More testosterone = more estrogen?
It’s true. There’s a chemical in adipose tissue known as aromatase that converts testosterone to estrogen, which means that the more testosterone you have, the more likely you are to have increased estrogen production. One of the great things about P6 Chrome is that the Agaricus bisporus in particular (and the DIM maybe) inhibit the aromatase, keeping those levels where you want them.
P6 Chrome Directions
Take two capsules daily. Do not exceed that amount.
Even though you don’t know the amount of each ingredient that you’re getting because Cellucor has kept the P6 Chrome blend proprietary, I’m still relatively happy with what I see in this Test Booster, estrogen blocking composition.
Each of the testosterone enhancing, all-natural herbal ingredients in this supplement comes in extract form, something which makes me happy, though less happy than if they were in standardized form.
The Ashwaganda, Fenugreek and Tribulus alatus are all bona fide additions to any T booster formula, particularly the latter, which is a more powerful form of Tribulus than the more recognizable Tribulus terrestris.
As far as the estrogen blocking goes, P6 Chrome scores big points by giving you a dose of aromatase-inhibiting Agaricus bisporus. However, since I’m not sure how much they put in there, I don’t know how many points to give. And so, yet another good formula is undone by those damn prop blends.
That leads me to the two things that keep P6 Chrome from being the shiniest on the market.
- For starters, I like to know how much of something I’m taking when I take it, so I tend to stay away from proprietary blends.
- Secondly, because the estrogen blocking claims of DIM don’t always hold weight, it’s kind of a questionable inclusion… besides what I mentioned about DIM being an ingredient in women’s menopause formulas, which is pretty much the opposite of what I am trying to achieve.
Despite these issues, I consider P6 a test formula that stands up pretty well to criticism. Although it’s not the most powerful on the market, it still delivers — with natural botanical ingredients that look nice and clean, probably well-tolerated and not too many side effects to worry about.
- 5 T-boosting herbs – I like that for a change this test-booster focuses on 1 thing: Testosterone
- 2x pathway strategy – the 5 botanicals work by both increasing test and reducing estrogen
- Agaricus bisporus – might be the effective estrogen blocker that elevates the whole formula
- Simple formula – with five all-natural and mostly effective ingredients, P6 Chrome is elegantly formulated
- Easy to find – popular T-booster from popular brand, so you can get it at Amazon, GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc.
- Affordable – ’cause it’s a big box brand, prices are competitive across the board
- Proprietary blend – we don’t know the amount of each ingredient, turning these into mystery caps. Shame.
- Absence of big name T-Boosters – Zinc, Magnesium, Boron anyone?
- Diindolylmethane – this is not the best choice for estrogen blocking, and seems awfully girly to me
- No standardized forms – extracts are a step in the right direction, but standardized forms would be even better for high-potency T-boosting activity
Does P6 Chrome Work?
While it doesn’t deliver the biggest, most extreme testosterone bang for your buck, P6 Chrome probably does work. There are quite a few reviews that seem to back its efficacy.
In my opinion, P6 Chrome starts out on the right track with a concise 5-ingredient formula, all of which appear to influence testosterone levels in some way.
The odds of it working when you get even BETTER when you see that P6 Chrome has some quality points, including that sexy branded Ashwagandha.
Finally, the 1-2 combo of boosting T and reducing estrogen shows a sophistication of formula design that makes me more confident that this product is designed to be effective.
Overall, I expect that P6 Chrome works for:
- Mild-to-moderate testosterone boosts
- Physical performance boosts & muscle support
- Anabolic growth from test & fenugreek (as long as you’re actively bodybuilding)
- Anti-stress support, both physical & mental
- Sex drive enhancements
The Bottom Line
Overall, I like the majority of what I see in this formula with only five all-natural ingredients, which includes a couple of great T-Boosters and an overall smart testosterone strategy.
- What really holds P6 Chrome back is that it’s missing some of the most obvious, most evidence-backed T-boosters that you can buy on the market.
I suppose that the manufacturers of P6 Chrome are rolling the dice a little bit: Rather than a sure test-boosting bet like Zinc or Magnesium, they go for the more exotic anti-estrogen strategy of DIM and Agaricus.
At the end of the day, P6 Chrome is worth a try, based on positive reviews alone. Plus, their strategy might be more effective than the science shows so far. Just keep in mind that there are far more reliable formulas for bigger testosterone results.