Quick Take: Cellucor’s P6 line of testosterone boosters have a lot in common. For one, they’re ALL proprietary (which sucks, btw) but they’re ALL also stacked with top-grade ingredients. In this sense, P6 Chrome VS P6 Red are no different. However, aside from the obvious difference in color schemes, both formulas also have varying approaches to improving male health. Let’s get to know more about these supplements and find out which one’s better.
P6 Chrome Features
- P6 Chrome is the cheapest product under Cellucor’s P6 line of testosterone boosters
- It’s advertised on its label simply as a “testosterone support”
- The stack is a single proprietary blend of 5 ingredients sharing a total dosage of 1,445 mg
- 2-pronged approach targets testosterone boosting and estrogen blocking
- Adaptest™ (Ashwagandha), Tribulus Alatus, and Fenugreek are great for testosterone but P6 Chrome’s estrogen blocking needs more work
- Click here to read my full review on P6 Chrome
P6 Red Features
- P6 Red is labeled as an “ergogenic testosterone booster”
- Designed to “create a better environment for natural testosterone production, focusing on hormonal balance within the body”
- The entire P6 Red formula is basically a prop blend of 8 ingredients sharing a total daily dosage of 2228 mg and a heavy 500 mg dose of Tribulus Alatus
- 3-angled strategy that supposedly focuses on boosting testosterone while minimizing T conversion to estrogen and DHT
- Has a bunch of well-researched testosterone boosters (e.g. Adaptest, Nettle) along with herbs carrying scarce scientific evidence
- Click here to read my full review on P6 Red
P6 Chrome VS P6 Red: My Analysis
When it comes to ingredients, P6 Chrome and P6 Red have a few ones in common. Let’s get those out of the way first so you can better understand part of what makes these supplements similar.
P6 Chrome VS P6 Red – Common Ingredients
- Adaptest™ – This trademarked brand of Ashwagandha is used in several other P6 testosterone boosters. I honestly haven’t heard much about this particular brand but the herb itself is already quite manly. As an adaptogen, it helps counter stress (cortisol) while also providing support for testosterone and muscle.
- Tribulus Alatus – The lesser known cousin of Tribulus Terrestris that’s also a strong, natural libido booster. Compared to its cousin though, Tribulus Alatus looks better capable of boosting testosterone.
- Agaricus Bisporus – Otherwise known as white mushroom, it has compounds that were observed to have estrogen blocking properties. Research on this is still in its early stages though.
Another similarity that P6 Chrome and P6 Red have is that they’re both proprietary. Honestly, this bit is frustrating because prop blends don’t show the specific dosages of its ingredients. Fortunately, the blends of both these supplements have solid total dosages and high quality ingredients. The question now is, how do P6 Chrome and P6 Red work?
P6 Chrome uses a 2-pronged approach to improve male health
With only 5 ingredients, the P6 Chrome formula is a lot more simple than P6 Red. Basically, the goal here is to boost testosterone while also blocking its conversion into estrogen. As far as testosterone boosting goes, P6 Chrome relies on Adaptest, Tribulus Alatus, and Fenugreek. To me, these herbs give P6 Chrome a solid chance to naturally increase T. Plus, the 3 of them are also great for libido while Ashwagandha and Fenugreek, in particular, are also beneficial for bodybuilding.
On the other hand, DIM and Agaricus Bisporus are tasked with keeping estrogen levels at bay. Compared to P6 Chrome’s testosterone boosters, these two estrogen-blockers don’t look too good because of limited scientific evidence. With what little research they have though, they do look promising.
P6 Red tackles 3 angles towards a balanced hormonal environment
Basically, P6 Red aims to support testosterone production while also limiting estrogen and DHT. When it comes to boosting test, this product also relies on Adaptest and Tribulus Alatus. Furthermore, P6 Red also has Agaricus Bisporus to help lower estrogen. Unlike P6 Chrome, however, P6 Red doesn’t have DIM. Instead, it complements Agaricus Bisporus with other under-researched supplements in Clary Sage and Nettle.
Nettle has also has been used to treat prostate conditions. Along with Saw Palmetto – another herb here in P6 Red – they both inhibit 5-alpha-reductase to limit testosterone’s conversion to DHT. On paper, the way P6 Red boosts testosterone while lowering estrogen and DHT is great for male health. However, strong research doesn’t exactly back a few of these ingredients (e.g., Clary Sage, Myrica rubra, etc).
P6 Chrome VS P6 Red Summary
- Supports male health by boosting testosterone and lowering estrogen
- Testosterone boosting looks solid with Adaptest, Tribulus Alatus, and Fenugreek at the healm
- DIM and Agaricus Bisporus are promising estrogen blockers but need more scientific research
- Cheapest P6 testosterone booster at just $39.99 per bottle of 60 capsules
- Designed to boost testosterone while also lowering estrogen and DHT
- Reliable test boosts from Adaptest and Tribulus Alatus
- Other ingredients theoretically support testosterone indirectly by lowering estrogen and DHT. Lack of scientific evidence also seems to be a limiting factor.
- A lot more expensive at $89.99 per bottle of 120 capsules
Conclusion: Which is Better?
Overall, I think P6 Red is the better supplement. Personally, I think they both stand toe-to-toe when it comes to their testosterone boosting and estrogen lowering prowess but because of its ability to lower DHT, it’s capable of supporting T in at least 1 more way. Theoretically, this also makes for an internal environment suited for bodybuilding. Furthermore, the DHT suppression also adds a layer of prostate protection especially for older men with excess levels of DHT.
On the other hand, P6 Chrome isn’t too far behind. By improving the ratio between testosterone and estrogen, I think it truly is the “testosterone support” that its label suggests. Plus, it’s way cheaper so it’s not too hard on the wallet. However, partly because both P6 Chrome VS P6 Red are proprietary formulas with a handful of under-researched ingredients, I don’t think they’re among the most hardcore testosterone supplements this early in 2018.