Quick Take: Both of these supplements are products of Cellucor and well, Cellucor is a pretty reliable brand. Both of these are obviously also made for testosterone which is really what we’re all looking for here, right? There are quite a few key differences in these two products though. P6 Chrome has its ingredients focused on flexing your testosterone man juice while P6 Black looks to have you flex those thinking muscles and boost testosterone too. Which is better? You’re going to have to keep on reading this review to find out.
P6 Chrome Features
- One of Cellucor’s products for testosterone, P6 Chrome looks to boost testosterone via a 2-point approach (test boosting and estrogen regulation).
- The formula is a single prop blend that places a heavy emphasis on all natural botanical goodness.
- For testosterone, P6 Chrome features a branded form of Ashwagandha in Adaptest™
- For estrogen regulation, this formula goes with Agaricus Bisporus and DIM.
- Even if the individual dosages are hidden inside the prop blend, the overall dosage of the blend looks pretty good at 1,445 mg.
- Click here to read my full review on P6 Chrome.
P6 Black Features
- Another Cellucor T-boosting product that’s advertised to have “Nootropic Testosterone Technology” which basically means that P6 Black aims to make you smarter while boosting testosterone.
- In the testosterone department, P6 Black goes with DAA which is a pretty powerful testosterone booster.
- In terms of nootropics, P6 Black has D-Serine and Alpha-GPC but they’re dosed too low to make any significant difference.
- The formula also has another prop blend in their Androgen Support Matrix which features ingredients such as Mucuna Pruriens.
- While there are a few key ingredients such as the ones I’ve mentioned here, there are also those that seem to just be wasting precious capsule space.
- Click here to read my full review on P6 Black.
P6 Chrome VS. P6 Black: My Analysis
Like I said, both of these products are designed by Cellucor to boost testosterone with key differences in that P6 Chrome is targeted directly at boosting testosterone and P6 Black has its eyes on being a nootropic and a test booster at the same time. That being said, there are bound to be differences in how their formulas and their strategies.
P6 CHROME IS FOCUSED ON T-BOOSTING USING A DUAL ANGLED APPROACH BY DIRECTLY BOOSTING TESTOSTERONE AND KEEPING ESTROGEN AT BAY
First of all, the ingredients inside this blend make me happy. There’s Ashwagandha, Fenugreek, and Tribulus Alta that are welcome additions to ANY T-boosting formula. Tribulus Alta, specifically, is a lesser known version of Tribulus that has actually shown more promise as a T-booster than the more popular Tribulus Terrestris. These ingredients are also given to us in quality extracts (though, I’d much rather have them in standardized form).
P6 Chrome also does deserve points for adding Agaricus Bisporus which has aromatase inhibiting properties that lead to less testosterone converted to estrogen. What I do absolutely hate about this formula is that all these wonderful ingredients have their dosages hidden in a prop blend. Honestly, this would’ve been so much better if they just disclosed the dosages.
P6 BLACK DIVIDES ITS ATTENTION ON TESTOSTERONE AND MIND BOOSTS WHICH HAVE LEAD TO A MORE DIVERSE FORMULA
In terms of T-boosting, P6 Black has minerals that “prepare” the body for testosterone production but preparation doesn’t really get you anywhere without actual T-boosters. That’s where their prop blend comes in but the only vital ingredient I see here is DAA which I consider to be test boosting royalty. The other ingredients on this list have little to no evidence to back them up.
As for the brain benefits, P6 Black threw in some key Nootropics (D-Serine and Alpha-GPC) but the dosage seems to be questionable.
Conclusion: Which is Better?
The winner of this battle is P6 Chrome. And to be quite honest, it wasn’t even close. This was a no-brainer, really (pun intended). Even if ALL of P6 Chrome’s ingredients are hidden inside a prop blend, the choices they made are solid. With the exception of DIM, everything in this formula has a place in either testosterone boosting or estrogen inhibition.
On the other hand, by trying to do 2 things at once, P6 Black failed to do those two things well. Even with DAA in the formula and testosterone boosting vitamins and minerals, the other ingredients don’t really have a lot of research to back them up. When it comes to being a Nootropic, P6 Black did give two good brain enhancers but with the dosage in the prop blend they’re in, they probably ineffective anyway.
Don’t discount other multi-tasking Test Boosters just because of P6 Black’s shortcomings though. There are other quality supplements you can buy that do well even while focusing on testosterone and other things. We have plenty of those multi-taskers on our reviews section.